Page 54 of 282 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 54

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    sorry Lift Heavy Things. Yes, it was the 1.1 I wondered about, I was thinking it should only by x's 1, so 63 instead of 69.3
    Do I Life Heavy Things? I carry my 60 pound English bulldog to bed every nite. Does that count?

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I have discovered that bulletproof tea is the best breakfast for me. I'm hitting my macros a lot more often now and no longer ravenous. 2 tbsp butter in a 20 oz and my levels of everything seem to naturally dial in perfectly.
    Bulletproof Tea?? Sounds interesting. Like a tea that gives you super powers.

That looks totally reasonable. Assuming you are not eating more than that already?
    Eh Im around about that. I was eating 6 meals a day but recently tried to use myself as a guinea pig for my clients and cut down to 4 meals but better macros. I work as a trainer although I have never eaten this much fat before. It has been working well and I have actually noticed an increase in test levels. I dont eat cocunut/cocunut oil or avocados so ill have to figure out where to get all that fat from. I dont really want to shot more than 4 tbsp's of olive oil in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That looks like a good plan. Let us know how it works for gaining.
    Yes im curious to. Training is being kept to a Kb swing challenge. With the addition of hill bike work and some core work (occassionally a lifted weight or two, but whilst in the kb swing challenge im trying to keep other weights to a minumum to test the effectiveness of it as a stand alone tool).

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Do I Life Heavy Things? I carry my 60 pound English bulldog to bed every nite. Does that count?
    How many times a day do you do it?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post

I'm not sure why you are saying that my calories are set to low? (Just asking)

It's what it figured out for me to lose 2 lbs a week. (their figures)

??

(why don't my quotes come out like others?)

You have to be sure to include the text [ / quote] (without the spaces) after a quote. if it gets deleted, the quote won't work right.

I say this b/c I'm eating 1500... What is your goal weight? That's how you determine how much to eat.

I don't trust MFP figures b/c they're telling you to eat like 50-60% carbs. If you pay no attention to the numbers on the screen that they give up and only go by the macros you figured with the equation on the first post, then you're good... But I use the numbers on the MFP screen for reference and would go batty looking at inaccurate numbers for me.

MFP does not do LCHF unless you set the macros yourself.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Wow! May I ask what did you have?
    3 eggs scrambled with 2 oz of cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of butter, 4 sausage links, 1 oz creme fraiche, and 2 tablespoons of salsa.

Worked out to 84% fat, 14% protein, and 2% carbs

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Richard, I cannot imagine chugging straight oil. So many yummy ways to get fat! In our LCHF recipe group there is a thread called something like "healthy ways to get fat for NK" and it has 2 links with suggestions for ways to eat your fat. Also, some of the recipes are great sources for that as well. Especially the ones made with cream cheese.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You have to be sure to include the text [ / quote] (without the spaces) after a quote. if it gets deleted, the quote won't work right.

I say this b/c I'm eating 1500... What is your goal weight? That's how you determine how much to eat.

I don't trust MFP figures b/c they're telling you to eat like 50-60% carbs. If you pay no attention to the numbers on the screen that they give up and only go by the macros you figured with the equation on the first post, then you're good... But I use the numbers on the MFP screen for reference and would go batty looking at inaccurate numbers for me.

MFP does not do LCHF unless you set the macros yourself.
    See if I understand the quote thing.

I was thinking of my target goal as 175 but others told me 150 would be better? I understand MFP does not show you the fat/protein/carbs for LCHF way of eating, I'm just going by the calories it told me.

I actually found what I think is a better way to track site in Cronometer. It lets you set up your own macro's ie 70%Fat, 20%proteins and 10% Carbs. It also shows you your daily in both grams and in percentage so I know what I've done.

As far as the total calories...I don't know what to say, Cronometer has me set for 1397 to lose 2 lbs/week. ?????

Edit; I did the quote thingy...I DID THE QUOTE THINGY!!!!!!! TY TY TY! (little things make me happy) LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

adavison is offline Member
    How many times a day do you do it?
    Just once..So I am sure is does not count.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Not trying to be cruel, but............if you carry the dog to bed, you have the "pet" thing backwards......LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay so I'm at a loss as to how to add friends onto my MFP, even between toggling the app and the website I'm still lost. Help?...lol