Page 50 of 282 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 50

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Paula, can you put this in the first thread for ease of locating later? Thanks.
    That Harris benedict multipliers can be found at the BMR link in the first post, but I will post them anyway.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    TEE and Jenn Jenn, I just answered his question on the calorie goal he chose.
    I knew that and don't fault you for doing so... just wondering which equation we should truly be using. I'm sure it's confusing as heck to the newbies to have two possible equations floating around for determining our macros.

Personally, I like the HarrisBenedict version b/c it allows me to eat more.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That Harris benedict multipliers can be found at the BMR link in the first post, but I will post them anyway.
    My bad... didn't know this as I didn't click on the link.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Kotato is offline Junior Member
    Alright, My Fitness Pal might have been a good idea if I'm actually going to make this happen... because it's way harder than I thought. I normally really like eating fat, but I'm feeling a little nauseated now at the thought of it.

I'm starting to have doubts about how long I can keep this up, but I'll see if I can stick with it for a little while longer before messing with the ratios. Right now it seems like I can only eat two really small meals before going over on carbs or protein. I thought I'd be alright with things like fatty meat, but apparently I can't even eat two chicken thighs in a day without exceeding my protein limit?

If anyone would like to friend me on My Fitness Pal, my username is Kotato there too (I know some of you have posted your usernames, but I had a hard time sifting through this thread to find them). Maybe seeing all of your meal will give me some ideas of how to make this work.
    23, F, 5'5" and ~140lbs
    My mostly-dormant journal

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Ok...accepted you as my friend.....r u my freind? Can we be like BFF? Welcome to my neighborhood (done in a terrible Mr. Rogers impersonation)
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I knew that and don't fault you for doing so... just wondering which equation we should truly be using. I'm sure it's confusing as heck to the newbies to have two possible equations floating around for determining our macros.

Personally, I like the HarrisBenedict version b/c it allows me to eat more.
    Hmmm, I did not see that being an issue. Everyone should set up their macros with the HSIS formula to start. The BMR calculations are really more advanced for those who exercise heavily or decide to use slightly different fat macros. For example the HSIS formula gives me too many carbs and not as much fat as I wanted, so I recalculated using BMR. Maybe I should not have put the BMR stuff in the first thread.

I think I'll add a start here note.

mks8500 is offline Member
    I've been posting here but haven't posted my macros or typical meals. I started out losing weight like crazy and have slowed down. I've only been doing this for 3 weeks and I'm not concerned about the slowdown...I get that it's a process but would like for someone to look over my stuff to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong already. I've made the decision to purchase a blood ketone monitor because I'm pretty analytical and need to know. :-)

Goal - 90.7 kg
    Protein - 81-99g
    Carbs - 45g
    Fat - 180g

BF - 3 Omega 3 eggs, 1 piece of bacon. Espresso with coconut milk and HWC
    Lunch - 8oz of pork spare ribs, 5 spears of asparagus, 1/2 c broccoli
    Dinner - 8oz of pork spare ribs, 1 c broccoli

Yesterday
    Protein - 82g
    Carbs - 7g
    Fat - 161g

Everything look ok? I do exercise 5 times a week. I either jog or swim laps.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Megan

Yikes! My breakfast was fat-tastic at a whopping 84% (so good) it should balance out better with dinner...hah

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Hey Gang, just ran across this thread and I hope you'll all except a guy joining you.
    According to the information I have gained reading this thread, at my current weight,
    I should be consuming 3311 cals per day.
    Yes I weigh a lot for now. My question is how much fat should I be consuming a day?
    Thank you and I look forward to day day I can tell you I reached my beach body weight.
    Which I haven't seen since Jimmy Carter was in office.
    OK, well someone may have already answered this, but I didn't want it to get lost so I will give you my answer...

I am thinking you figured your calories on your current weight. If you go to the first post of this thread there is an equation for you to use your beach body weight to figure out your protein/fat/carbs. Essentially you convert your HSIS to kg, and that is your approx protein intake, double that is your fat and half the protein is your carb intake (all in grams).

Good luck!

You are more than welcome, just be aware, sometimes a little TMI gets tossed around.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Thank you! I really appreciate the smile. I need it today. I know my calories are not too low. And I have been eating junk carbs so of course that makes it worse. Thanks again for the hi and the smile!!!! (I can't figure out how to do multiple quotes in a reply, sorry about all the extra posts!)
    sent you a PM --

Those junk carbs are like razor blades to us with fibro.........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.