Page 5 of 282 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 5

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    here is a link to a few ideas...12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

I have yet to buy filet mignon while doing this! I did buy a chuck eye steak yesterday (4.49/lb) that was pretty awesome.

foodie, congats! The macro goals in the first post are definitely just a guideline. Every body is different, and the trick is to find your own sweet spot through N=1 experimentation.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Darn I was hoping you would say filet mignon is the only option, eat it forever!!! :P hehehe. gonna check out that link now.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    My days vary, but this is what I typically eat:

B: 2-3 bacon pieces or sausage links, bone broth w/qtr cube bouillon and coffee with HWC and a tbsp of CO
    L: Salad with bacon and olive oil based or ranch dressing, or cream soups or omelets
    D: Whatever meat I cook for dinner.

I don't snack hardly at all anymore and try to keep everything within plan. It's not difficult to do this once you get in a groove.
    Georgette

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Man it is SO HARD to find high fat ground beef. The grassfed ground at whole foods is always extra lean 90%.

I actually thought filet mignon was a fairly low fat piece of meat and that is why they wrap it in bacon. But I don't know dooty about meat cuts, I picked up the chuck eye yesterday cause some guy who was trying to pick me up at the meat counter recommended it and even picked out the package that had the best marbling. It was just over $5 for DH, DS, and I! I did cook it in kerrygold, yum, and put a bit of it herbed on top.

Trader Joes is pretty high, if you have one near. Also, I think Costco's is too? Plus you can always cook it in CO or other preferred fat (bacon grease or lard comes to mind)

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Interested to see a daily meal plan from some of you working with 70-80% daily fat.. Not sure how you accomplish this, while keeping protein low, without drinking oil or just spooning big scoops of butter in your mouth..
    It's really not that hard. A few eggs, some fried veggies a little cream in your coffee.. Since fat is calorie dense, it doesn't take just a whole lot.

Like yesterday I basically had two cups of coffee with cream and an erythritol based sweetener. Had some eggs whipped up into an omelette with american cheese on top (the one processed food I never ditched), didn't eat lunch, then supper was steak, homemade kimchee and fried cabbage and onions. Also for snacks I had a cream cheese cloud which was rolled in crushed pecans and a bar of chocoperfection- a chocolate made with inulin and erythritol and cocoa butter and butter oil. I usually eat a little more food than that, but didn't exercise yesterday- been up at night taking care of a sick goat and needed to rest. And my appetite is such that I can skip a meal easily if I choose now.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am looking for a great February. I can see this thread becoming HUGE, which is fantastic!! The previous thread has so much in it that is helpful as well but I love this new trail.

Goals for Feb:

* lose weight (naturally) but specifically
    *find the sweet spot for NK
    * no binge days
    * positive outlook (borrowed from Chris)
    * walk daily
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    My menu is similar to geostump's, minus the coffee, and minus CO since it gives me A Case of the Gaks.

Breakfast: 2-3 pieces of bacon and/or sausage (since dairy doesn't bug me, I also have some heavy cream)
    Lunch: deviled eggs or an omelette, maybe some walnuts (should incorporate salads more frequently)
    Dinner: whatever meat is in the fridge, with butter on top (sometimes I make chicken soup with veggies)

It's a little boring since Panda is not creative in the kitchen. The licking-nickels ketosis taste went away and I'm not very tempted by the lone piece of white chocolate in my pantry. Just vaguely wistful.

Page 5 of 282 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast