Page 45 of 280 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 45

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow! According to MyFitnessPal, I ate 947 cals all day yesterday and I ate over 1000 today just for breakfast? Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Walking 2 hours in the cold today it looks like...LOL

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Also, someone posted and I saw it when I reserched it, that if you are on anti depresants, you shouldn't take 5HTP. Anyone have an idea how long one should stay off the meds before starting 5HTP?
    Information on how long it takes varies widely. The actual dose is only supposed to last 12-24 hrs, depending on how often you take it (once or twice a day), but to totally leave your system? Considering the # of times I went through withdrawal from SSRI's, I'd say it's at least 2 weeks. I'd personally give it 6 to be safe.

Then again, I didn't wait. I started on a low dose of 5-HTP as I was weaning off Lexapro. I increased it after I took my last dose of Lexapro. Some sources say it's okay to do this, others say don't, others say ask your doctor.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Information on how long it takes varies widely. The actual dose is only supposed to last 12-24 hrs, depending on how often you take it (once or twice a day), but to totally leave your system? Considering the # of times I went through withdrawal from SSRI's, I'd say it's at least 2 weeks. I'd personally give it 6 to be safe.

Then again, I didn't wait. I started on a low dose of 5-HTP as I was weaning off Lexapro. I increased it after I took my last dose of Lexapro. Some sources say it's okay to do this, others say don't, others say ask your doctor.
    Thanks for your reply. I know what my doctor would say, so I'll save my breath. I'm taking 20mg of Citalopram, once a day. Net says it has a 1/2 life of 35 hours, so I guess a week and I'd be clear of it.

Not trying to pry but did the 5HTP help your situation ie take the place of the meds?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Today, I seem to be doing much better. I passed out last night at 8:45 watching Top Gear UK. Apparently, male British accents make me sleepy. I think I sort of overloaded on fat last night, but I believe my body needed it. I made creamy chicken scampi for dinner and ate a lot of the extra sauce. Then, before I went to relax, I made a cup of tea with some CO. When I woke up this morning, I felt amazingly full. Am just now feeling hungry.
    Geo - what is the CO that you put in your tea

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I am not doing well with all of this. I had a fibromyalgia flare up a few weeks ago that still hasn't gone away and I am very depressed. I have not been to work in two days. I don't know at this point if the depression caused the flare up or vice versa but either way I am not functioning. Sorry to just whine but something has to give. I just took a walk to try to get out some. It took all the energy I had. I have to go to work tomorrow and I want my life back. I am wondering if adding in carbs that are 'safe', maybe a Perfect health Diet style would help or if VLC is the way to go. I know we are all different but if anyone has had any experience w/ one or both and wouldn't mind sharing that would be wonderful! Thanks for letting me whine
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gang, just ran across this thread and I hope you'll all except a guy joining you.
    According to the information I have gained reading this thread, at my current weight,
    I should be consuming 3311 cals per day.
    Yes I weigh a lot for now. My question is how much fat should I be consuming a day?
    Thank you and I look forward to day day I can tell you I reached my beach body weight.
    Which I haven't seen since Jimmy Carter was in office.

adavison is offline Member
    Morning all!
    I am happy to report that the hunger seems better today! And, I woke up with a TON of energy. I am not a morning person, and was ready to go this morning! Yay! But, I feel really FAT today. Tummy is soft and mushy. Strange! Did a little more research last night. Going to try to go with the 65/30/5 ratio. I suffer from chronic body pain, migraines, Raynauds and celiac, so I hope this way of eating helps. I feel like I could actually get some type of exercise in today. Yipee! Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by adavison; 02-05-2013 at 07:52 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, EZ, I added you as a friend on MyFitnesspal. Mind if I take a look at your food diary?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Last months yo-yo has gone back down again. I am trying a new way, for me, of getting my fats in. Since I am not cooking in butter any more because of DH and am having to be more cautious with the fat sources for him, I'll concentrate of eating more fat dense foods just for me.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    Geo - what is the CO that you put in your tea
    CO is coconut oil
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.