Page 43 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 43

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm realizing that the small bit of sugar I had yesterday is causing me to feel depressed. Dammit
    Sorry to hear that. The only silver lining is that maybe you know your triggers.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Ashley - What is this liver cleansing you speak of? :-)

Megan
    There are different methods. I take liver supportive herbs for a few days along with phosphoric acid (phosfood) and then drink, of the evening, a cup of olive oil mixed with a cup of citrus. You can use a lemon, or a half a lemon, diluted in water, or orange juice or grapefruit (my fave). You can also use a combo. I lay on my right side for half an hour afterwards. This triggers a strong bile flow to keep things moved along in the liver and help keep bile thin and prevent/remove stones. The phosphoric acid softens stones and the liver herbs support the liver and help prepare it for all that fat. Some people, who are experienced with the flushes even take up to two cups of oil and two cups of citrus. It might even be a good idea to just take half a cup of each your first time.

I also have been drinking lemon water at night, one lemon in a glass of water. Low carb, gives a fruit fix and very good for your liver and kidneys. At night is when the body cleanses, and the evening is also when I usually want some so that's why it I do it at that time.

Especially important to take care of your liver if you've had your gall bladder removed- and the liver is super important in weight loss. It does so much work, and it unlocks the fat for use as fuel in the body as well as digesting the fat you are eating. Cleansing is important when you are burning up fat stores, as fat is a handy place for your body to store toxins and keep the body safe from them. So you release those toxins when you burn it.

I have been reading about ox bile supplementation and just started it today. From what I've read is super important if you don't have a gall bladder (the gall bladder concentrated bile for you as well as doses it when needed, the stuff coming straight from the liver is not the same as what's in a gall bladder). But I am just trying it out. Several people who are missing their gall bladders claimed weight loss with no other changes.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 02-04-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    There are different methods. I take liver supportive herbs for a few days along with phosphoric acid (phosfood) and then drink, of the evening, a cup of olive oil mixed with a cup of citrus. You can use a lemon, or a half a lemon, diluted in water, or orange juice or grapefruit (my fave). You can also use a combo. This triggers a strong bile flow to keep things moved along in the liver and help keep bile thin and prevent/remove stones.

I also have been drinking lemon water at night, one lemon in a glass of water. Low carb, gives a fruit fix and very good for your liver and kidneys.

Especially important to take care of your liver if you've had your gall bladder removed- and the liver is super important in weight loss. It does so much work, and it unlocks the fat for use as fuel in the body as well as digesting the fat you are eating.
    I did this to get rid of gallstones.
    It seemed to work as I never got the pain I was having after that. I have not had a repeat u/s but I don't see the need at this stage.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I hit my enchilada fix. That's been nagging me for a while and inside out enchiladas hit it while being VLC (6g carbs in one serving, all of it cheese.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Can you post the recipe? I have cravings for spicy Mexican food regularly.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

mks8500 is offline Member
    I couldn't even do the 1/2 of each but I'll work up to that. I assume this will help a "fatty liver" also? Thanks for the info. How often do you do this?

Megan

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's in my journal, but here's a copy/ paste:
    Inside out Enchiladas
    Thin sliced beef round (around here, it's called milanesa, same stuff you'd use for chicken fried steak), cut into roughly tortilla sized pieces
    Asadero cheese
    Cheddar cheese
    enchilada sauce (I used some homemade carne asada sauce I had in the fridge)
    Wrap the asadero cheese in the beef, keeping the cheese layer no more that 1/4" thick. Pop it in a 350*F oven, walk away while the meat browns. When the meat is brown, coat the meat in the sauce and fill the dish halfway with sauce (I used a loaf pan for two "enchiladas", it'll probably be too much for one person.) When the meat is done and the cheese is melted, your enchiladas are done.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Great Nadiaknight! Houston not so good with finding stuff, EP much better!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

calee is offline Senior Member
    My why:

I'm 62 and have been chubby/fat or morbidly obese most of the time since I was 7. I used to weigh over 100 pounds more than I do now. It's been years of low carb and exercise with changing life habits to finally bring me to a normal BMI. I'm at the top of the healthy range and still have fat to shed. I want to finally get it off and find a good balance. I've only been eating Primal since the first of the year. I feel certain that by eating healthy, my body will find a good balance and heal the internal damage I did with decades of morbid obesity.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hi gang,
    I just wanted to recap my first month.

I am doing this plan to control a binge eating disorder that has interfered with reaching my health goals and, of course, to lose weight.

In January I lost 18.3 pounds and 16 inches.
    I had only 3 binge days out of 31. A new record!

February Goals
    Less than 3 binge days.
    Weigh & Measure only 1x / week
    Listen to my body (rest, exercise, food etc.)

My Macros
    Goal: 77kg
    Calories 1850
    154g fat (80%)
    69g protein (15%)
    23 max (5%)
    These are slightly changed from the formula to get the fat higher. My N=1.

Best Advice
    Drink the bouillon! It (probably) won't kill you and it will help you stay the course.
    Track! It doesn't have to be forever.
    Exercise! It makes you feel great and tightens stuff up.
    Sleep! Figure out what is wrong and fix it. I added 5htp to my evening routine and started getting up half an hour later.
    BMR I have found it helpful to know my average day burn rate and to stay 20% below that. On heavy exercise days it may be as much as 40% below, but not often as eating too few calories can be a problem for me.

I am just reading through this topic now, but wow - 16inches lost. Awesome work. Same to everyone else, but I havnt read them all yet sorry.

What are your fave fat sources folks? I am not trying to lose weight, gain if anything. I am taking about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil a day (straight from the spoon). I have noticed this helps but as a downside I have found that in the AM I am sometimes wekening with a sore head which is weird given how much fluid I drink.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.