Page 42 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 42

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MJam View Post
    12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

I think someone said this was posted in the recipe group, but I didn't see it.
    4 of the 12 were dairy which I don't eat, one was chocolate which I also don't eat... eggs, bacon, coconut, ground beef, coconut oil and avocados are things I am already eating...but thanks.[/QUOTE]

liverwurst, macadamia nuts, chicken thighs, fatty cuts of beef and pork...

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    adavision, I would raise your calories and use the extra cals for more fat.
    You think add another couple hundred calories? And yes, I could easily eat more fat! Nom, nom, nom! Thanks for the replies! Hoping this hunger subsides soon.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    I cannot believe that I am still hungry! I may raise my calories for a few days and get more fat down me. Do you think that will help?

Will have to look back on some threads to see of fun ways to get more fat....

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    You think add another couple hundred calories? And yes, I could easily eat more fat! Nom, nom, nom! Thanks for the replies! Hoping this hunger subsides soon.
    I only have one inch on you and I eat about 1900 / day...so, it is worth a try.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    The first couple of weeks, hunger can be a problem. It should get better after that, possibly sooner.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member

4 of the 12 were dairy which I don't eat, one was chocolate which I also don't eat... eggs, bacon, coconut, ground beef, coconut oil and avocados are things I am already eating...but thanks.[/QUOTE]
    I don't do dairy either, and it has been a bit more challenging.

My new favorite breakfast: 2 oz pate, 3 egg yolks, 1-1.5 tsp ghee. Very filling.
    Use lard or tallow in your cooking and pour the remaining fat on your food.
    Macadamia nuts.
    Fat bread (recipe in our recipe group)
    Spiced Lard Cookies (grain free) [I'm still working on these - mine are a little dry & I want more fat & less carbs]
    Extra fatty/nutrition ground beef/liver/heart - U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too. [my local butcher has something like it - oh, yum!]
    U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too. [I haven't tried this yet, but it's on my list]

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Hi ya'll!
    I am in day 3 of the HFLC eating. I have my ratios set a 70/25/5.(101f/81p/16c) I am 5'9" 37 yof. Weight is 171.8. My calories are set at 1300. I have been primal/paleo for abour 4 weeks and transitioned over to this due to hunger. I am STILL so hungry! What gives? I don't eat dairy. My fats come from coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, butter and fatty meats. Should I just wait it out and eat but keep my ratios in check? Love this thread by the way! Moves really fast with lots of great information! TIA!
    My experience (which may be different because I can't do dairy) - I could not control my hunger until (i) I got into ketosis; and (ii) I was getting most of my fat from animal products. Avocados, coconut, olives, etc. have to be a complement, not my main source of fat. Since you also are not doing dairy, it's something to consider.

adavison is offline Member
    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions! I will up my calories to 1500 and up my fats. Hopefully this will get my hunger under control. Blessings!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm realizing that the small bit of sugar I had yesterday is causing me to feel depressed. Dammit
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member

In the recipe thread there is another link in that same discussion but i dont remember what the others were. Also there is a link to homemade non dairy cream cheese that could help with recipes. Think about eating fattier cuts of meat and cooking in oils as well as using cream sauces using almond or coconut milks
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day