Page 41 of 280 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 41

adavison is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi ya'll!
    I am in day 3 of the HFLC eating. I have my ratios set a 70/25/5.(101f/81p/16c) I am 5'9" 37 yof. Weight is 171.8. My calories are set at 1300. I have been primal/paleo for abour 4 weeks and transitioned over to this due to hunger. I am STILL so hungry! What gives? I don't eat dairy. My fats come from coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, butter and fatty meats. Should I just wait it out and eat but keep my ratios in check? Love this thread by the way! Moves really fast with lots of great information! TIA!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Hi ya'll!
    I am in day 3 of the HFLC eating. I have my ratios set a 70/25/5.(101f/81p/16c) I am 5'9" 37 yof. Weight is 171.8. My calories are set at 1300. I have been primal/paleo for abour 4 weeks and transitioned over to this due to hunger. I am STILL so hungry! What gives? I don't eat dairy. My fats come from coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, butter and fatty meats. Should I just wait it out and eat but keep my ratios in check? Love this thread by the way! Moves really fast with lots of great information! TIA!
    If you're only at 4 weeks Primal, your body is probably still looking for sugar to burn for fuel. And your leptin is likely screwed up (this is the hormone that tells our body we're hungry/not hungry based on the amount of fat we carry). Dr. Kruse has a better description at his website of how leptin works.

I would give it more time, maybe bump your total calorie intake up. I am 5/4 and consume 1500 a day minimum.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I do either honey or maple syrup in recipes, nothing else. I don't have a negative effect to them as long as I don't make it a habit to use them every day. Right now, I use 2 tbsp in 12 servings of cream cheese clouds, or 1/4 cup in muffins one day out of the weekend (I only eat 2 of 12 muffins). I don't think I'm consuming very much in that regard.

Oh and I use honey first and foremost since it is unprocessed (can go collect from a hive and use immediately if you're not allergic to bees). Maple syrup needs some processing (cooking) to be usable, so I use it second. I don't trust stevia after reading It Starts with Food. Personal preference, I guess. Fully primal according to Mark.
    For the sake of argument, one serving of cream cheese clouds has 5 gm sugar. 2 muffins has 14 gm.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I eat a lot of the same things every day, get tired, find something new. You just have to be patient and try what works for you.

Here are some good sites for recipes:

Peace, Love, and Low Carb

Low Carb Blogs

I get most of my fat from bacon, avocado, olive oil, butter, ghee, and coconut oil, and coconut milk.

I got sick of eggs, so now I make an avocado chocolate smoothie, which I am now tired of, so I am going to try a chai coconut milk with coconut oil version tomorrow. Some people do 1 egg, 2 yolks to reduce protein, and increase fat. I have had some troubles with heavy cream, so I make primal non-dairy creamer A Primal Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer | following my nose.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member

The Verdict

All right ladies, even though The Russian Circus reFUSES to leave,
    I got on the scale anyway today.

January 16th was my last day of eating
    high carb and I was 128.8.

January 17th was my first day of starting
    high fat and moderate protein, since I can't
    seem to get the damn protein in check...and
    that day I was 127.4

Today, February 4th I'm 123.2

So there you have it.

Yesterday was another fail on protein, but I'm not
    going to sweat it just yet. Stats were:

1376 cals

96g protein
    5g carbs
    107g fat

%
    27/2/71

Just for fun, let's all pretend that
    the entire 5.6lbs was water (for the haters)
    and my new "starting weight" is 123.2.

I'll take it

Julie

p.s. oh, and I've been doing oil shots,
    a la shangri-la since jan 17th as
    well, and i always count them in my calories

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I eat a lot of the same things every day, get tired, find something new. You just have to be patient and try what works for you.

Here are some good sites for recipes:

Peace, Love, and Low Carb

Low Carb Blogs

I get most of my fat from bacon, avocado, olive oil, butter, ghee, and coconut oil, and coconut milk.

I got sick of eggs, so now I make an avocado chocolate smoothie, which I am now tired of, so I am going to try a chai coconut milk with coconut oil version tomorrow. Some people do 1 egg, 2 yolks to reduce protein, and increase fat. I have had some troubles with heavy cream, so I make primal non-dairy creamer A Primal Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer | following my nose.

Good ideas! This week I'm having eggs salad over greens for my breakfast. I used Mark's new sauces book to make mayo (so much easier than any other version I've made), dill relish (not sweet), celery seed, pepper, and Marks' mayo. His mayo recipe easily covered 10 eggs - could probably even stretch it to 12 eggs if you needed to. Top with tomato and onion and more pepper and you've got a deliciously fatty breakast. I usually have dinner leftovers for lunch. Dinner consists of meat and veggies with butter, usually. I supplement with cream cheese clouds when I need a fat boost at the end of the day (those contain dairy, but there are non-dairy alternatives).

An avocodo chocolate smoothie sounds good, except the original poster said no chocolate too.

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    p.s. oh, and I've been doing oil shots,
    a la shangri-la since jan 17th as
    well, and i always count them in my calories
    I don't want to read the thread... what is the gist of this Shangri-La method?

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    yep, honey too. too much xylitol will cause intestinal problems. I pretty much stick to stevia, because technically I could actually make it at home, if I took the time to grow the plant, make a "tea" out of the leaves and then concentrated it. I guess the same is true of honey and maple syrup but the stevia doesn't give me the negative effects the others do.
    Someone that I know that grows her own just dries it, grinds it into a powder and uses it that way. For coffee, she dips the end of a wet spoon into the powder and stirs it in. I have some stevia seeds now and I'm planning to grow some.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Avocado is bland so you could use it with other flavors too.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    adavision, I would raise your calories and use the extra cals for more fat.