Page 40 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 40

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=ez2cy;1083738]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Well you got me laughing

Laughing? HEll I was trying be romantic and was hitting on you.......damn book (How to pick up a woman in 4 easy steps) *throws book in garbage*

Glad I made you smile....life is short...act like an idiot!
    Thank you, I'm flattered. Best "pick-up" line I've had all day. It's also the Only pick-up line I've had today. What can I expect in a school library?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    100% pure maple syrup does double duty here... it flavors and sweetens! I make my cream cheese clouds with maple syrup for this very reason. Yummo.
    My body reacts to maple syrup in the same way it reacts to sugar. I use it to cook for others for the reason you mention, but I don't eat it.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    No need to explain, really as long as you are feeling good, letting go of fat, generally happy that is what matters/
    Just trying not to sound crazy LOL.
    I guess it balances out, I am sure ill get days where I need to eat more.
    Maple sugar is the same for me, honey too.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    yep, honey too. too much xylitol will cause intestinal problems. I pretty much stick to stevia, because technically I could actually make it at home, if I took the time to grow the plant, make a "tea" out of the leaves and then concentrated it. I guess the same is true of honey and maple syrup but the stevia doesn't give me the negative effects the others do.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Stevia for me too. I love it now.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Stevia for me too. I love it now.
    Where can you get pure Stevia? Truvia is the closest I can find and I think there is something in it besides Stevia.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I ate:
    BP coffee (I am still torn about stopping this, as I do like it, but it does keep me from being hungry till afternoon).
    2 rashers of bacon and guacamole (maybe 1/2 cup, it has sour cream in it).
    Tuna with sour cream
    Bone broth.

MJam is offline Junior Member
    Could I get some ideas on high fat foods...not dairy, I don't do dairy of any kind...It's day 2 and I ate the same things today as I ate yesterday...I can see myself getting real bored REALLY quick and I don't fancy drinking oil as half my food intake for the day.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    My body reacts to maple syrup in the same way it reacts to sugar. I use it to cook for others for the reason you mention, but I don't eat it.
    I do either honey or maple syrup in recipes, nothing else. I don't have a negative effect to them as long as I don't make it a habit to use them every day. Right now, I use 2 tbsp in 12 servings of cream cheese clouds, or 1/4 cup in muffins one day out of the weekend (I only eat 2 of 12 muffins). I don't think I'm consuming very much in that regard.

Oh and I use honey first and foremost since it is unprocessed (can go collect from a hive and use immediately if you're not allergic to bees). Maple syrup needs some processing (cooking) to be usable, so I use it second. I don't trust stevia after reading It Starts with Food. Personal preference, I guess. Fully primal according to Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MJam View Post
    Could I get some ideas on high fat foods...not dairy, I don't do dairy of any kind...It's day 2 and I ate the same things today as I ate yesterday...I can see myself getting real bored REALLY quick and I don't fancy drinking oil as half my food intake for the day.
    12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

I think someone said this was posted in the recipe group, but I didn't see it.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-04-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

MJam is offline Junior Member
    12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

I think someone said this was posted in the recipe group, but I didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

4 of the 12 were dairy which I don't eat, one was chocolate which I also don't eat... eggs, bacon, coconut, ground beef, coconut oil and avocados are things I am already eating...but thanks.