Page 4 of 282 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 4

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    shrinkinglo, I also have about 100 pounds to lose, so I can empathize. I have also let go of the scale for now. I did do a set of preliminary measurements so that I can boast when I reach goal! I will do my next set the day before I go to my annual doctor's visit, which is March 4th.

GP, many restaurants have their menus online. Maybe you can find out what they have and pre-determine what you will eat to help you stay inline. Unless of course you are looking forward to straying. Hope you feel better soon, this years cold seem to be the lingering kind.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Don't think I've found ketosis yet. I know that sugar yesterday probably bounced me out of however close I was.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

abc123, I tend to eat very little meat, and what meat I do eat is of a very fatty nature.

5:30am Bullet Proof Matcha=14gbutter, 30g HWC, 1tsp green tea (matcha) powder, a few drops of stevia, add about 12oz hot water (just off a boil) and whirl it with a stick blender
    7:30am Breakfast Smoothie=8oz Coconut Milk (carton, unsweetened), 8oz Almond Milk (carton, unsweetened), 20g of whey (znatural, unflavored unsweetened), few drops stevia, a tablespoon of espresso granules
    2:30pm 2 hard boiled eggs, small haas avocado, 1T homemade mayo, 1.5 oz gouda, chocolate mate with coconut milk (canned)
    7:00pm 2C mixed greens, half bell pepper, 1/2C cucumber, 2T olive oil, 2T ACV, protein source (small chuck eye steak last night sauteed in butter, shrimp scampi the night before, chicken thigh with cream sauce the night before that)

In between I drink about 130oz of various fluids=teas and water and occasionally bouillon if I feel I need the salt.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-01-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    GP, many restaurants have their menus online. Maybe you can find out what they have and pre-determine what you will eat to help you stay inline. Unless of course you are looking forward to straying. Hope you feel better soon, this years cold seem to be the lingering kind.
    I've been to this restaurant several times and much of the menu is primal-ish, fortunately! But the chef keeps sending all sorts of extra goodies to the table to impress Lady Friend. And every time I go, I trip and fall into potatoes. My true nemesis will be dessert. I can't say no to sopaipillas dipped in burnt orange caramel.

Oh, please don't let this cold linger! It's utter misery.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I'm in!

Been secretly doing EMF with Shangri-La since January 17th.

Starting Weight - 127.0

Was going to weigh today but, the Russian Circus (thanks Cori!) is
    here for me as well, accompanied by lotsa bloat.

From January 17th until yesterday, macros looked like this, averaged:

Calories - 1683 per day

26%P
    13%C
    61%F

=

94g protein
    40g carbs
    94g fat

And that's all averaged. I had good days and bad days, but that's what it all averaged out
    to anyway.

So my main goal is to lower calories (I, like many other people, when I imbibe in the Devil's
    Swill, I eat stupid shit THAT night AND all day the next day, so alcohol is OUTTA HERE), and
    attempt to get down to around 115 one of these days (and also fit my macros within the EMF
    guidelines).

I'd forgotten what a crack bomb ketosis was once it finally kicked in. The other day around 3pm
    something snapped and I became a cleaning machine until SEVEN THIRTY. WHACK!

I'm also going to be taking my temperature and when it goes down, I'm going to overeat a pile
    of REAL FOOD carbs. I've been down the zero carb path before and I know that a few months in,
    something goes crazy, so hopefully the carb up will reset that and I can keep on keeping on.

All right, carry on ladies, you all are doing GREAT!

Julie

44yo
    5'3.5ft
    127SW
    000CW
    115GW

(will prolly weigh monday)

Julie, with a 115lb goal, (51kg) that puts your EMF goals at about 25g Carb, 51g Protein, and 102g fat. Glad you decided to join us!
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-01-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    ... spooning big scoops of butter in your mouth..
    Mmmm....Kerrygold!

Also....BACON POINTS! Where can they be redeemed?!?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm experiencing a massive headache today. A lot of stress from last night. Not going to hash it out here, but if you want to know more, feel free to look in my journal. Anywho, I'm wanting a diet coke at lunch and am probably going to drink it.
    Georgette

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Interested to see a daily meal plan from some of you working with 70-80% daily fat.. Not sure how you accomplish this, while keeping protein low, without drinking oil or just spooning big scoops of butter in your mouth..
    I'm curious about this as well. Ketosis has been my goal more or less with how I am eating, and I actually find it pretty simple to stay sub 20 carbs.

I don't think I'm eating a lot of (or even enough) fat though, and I don't really know how to increase that. :3 I don't have money to buy things like filet mignon, so what do you suggest the fats come from.

In before "avocado" because try and try and try, no luck - I freaking hate avocado. :P

I worked on upping my fat last month as well. Before I was doing more of a high protein moderate fat low carb. I still keep my protein a bit higher than what you all have been doing but I am weight training and believe that my body needs a bit more protein. I started Jan at 182 and ended it at 177. All in all I am happy with the results esp since I had a few glasses of red wine per week along the way.

Page 4 of 282 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast