Page 37 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 37

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Enjoy reading this thread except for the MOE's, the QEI"s the WOE's, the SAD's, the MFP's...the etc etc
    No idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Geeez....does no one actualy type anymore? Feel like I'm reading my daughters txt's.

LOL
    Exactly! I used to diligently search for what all those groups of letters meant. Now when I see them, many times, I just skip over the post. That works against me because sometimes the post has some useful information in it. I also remember, when I first joined Mark's Daily Apple and began reading the threads, feeling left out like I wasn't informed enough to "speak the language".

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Exactly! I used to diligently search for what all those groups of letters meant. Now when I see them, many times, I just skip over the post. That works against me because sometimes the post has some useful information in it. I also remember, when I first joined Mark's Daily Apple and began reading the threads, feeling left out like I wasn't informed enough to "speak the language".
    I have been here what seems like forever and still dont know MOE or QEI, however, I can USUALLY, not always infer the meaning..LOL

never hesitate to have something explained clearly. We are a happy helpful bunch and are fine with elaborating.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I can only get salted locally too, but I think the salt content is rather low. You can always order from Amazon. They have unsalted.
    Unfortunately I'm in the UK - Amazon don't sell butter & there is no Trader Joe. Had another 10g on my veg tonight plus cooked my meat in it but I think 30+g a day is too much salt. Can't get the taste of salt out of my mouth & I don't feel so good either.

Does anyone know if President butter is grass fed? I have found a couples of blog posting which suggest it is but nothing definite I know anchor isn't anymore as its now produced over here
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-04-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJam View Post
    Day 1 was mostly successful for me. I went over my carb grams but it was not by a lot and I figure it will take a few days to get it all dialed in. Here is my yesterday's food log since I *HATE* MFP...I find it hard to use and it never already has the foods I need to input, so I just don't use it to keep my stress and cortisol low.

Breakfast:
    - 30g brazil nuts 20g F, 4g P, 4g C
    - 1 med avocado 22.5g F, 0g P, 15g C
    - 2 tbsps salsa 0g F, 0g P, 2g C
    - *2 fish oil pills*
    Lunch:
    - 1 tbsp coconut oil 14g F, 0g P, 0g C
    - 3 eggs (1 whole 2 yolk) 15g f, 12g P, 2g C
    - 2 tbsps salsa 0g F, 0g P, 2g C
    - Carrots (85g) 0g F, 1g P, 8g C
    “SNACK”
    - 2 tbsps coconut oil 28g F, 0g P, 0g C
    Dinner:
    - Can of tuna 0g F, 30g P, 0g C
    - 1 tsp bacon grease 4g F, 0g P, 0g C
    - 1.5 hot sausage 19.5g F, 16.5g P, 0g C
    - *2 tbsps MAG*
    FAT= 123 PROTEIN= 63.5 CARB= 33

My *why* is just to be healthier overall and I love self-experimenting. I completed a totally perfect 100% compliant Whole34 from Dec.1-Jan.3 (not a sniff of chocolate over Christmas, we even brought all our own food to the Christmas dinner) I am 5'8" and 145lbs so I am in great shape already. I have 2 tiny toddlers and I fit into my 26 inch waist pre-baby jeans now. I wanted to see what eating a high fat diet would do to me and how I would feel. I have overcome a history of disordered eating (bulimia and binging) and switched the whole fam to paleo (husbie and the 2 babes). In March I will start another n=1 experiment because I get bored super easily.
    All of those foods should be available in MFP (myfitnesspal). I have had no problems finding foods - even name brand foods, or store specific generic foods like those that I buy at a local grocery store named HyVee. They're only available in the midwest (Iowa, parts of Missouri and parts of Illinois) but I find their foods regularly.

One thing I have found to do is to type in what the food is, i.e. carrots, and follow it with the word generic. That will eliminate all the salads that include carrots, etc. Or I'll use "carrots, baby, generic" or "carrots, fresh, generic". If it's name brand, I include the name. I.e. "Coconut oil, virgin, Spectrum".

For those foods that I absolutely cannot find, I enter manually in "My Foods" (on the menu when you select the food tab). Then when I search for that food again, it shows up in the database. I also enter my own recipes instead of trying to find a good match (for instance, when making the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole). It might take a bit to build up your database for specialized foods, but the overall database is the best I have found. I have used calorie king, fitday, paleotrack, sparkpeople, and another I can't remember the name of. MFP is by far the best I have found as far as database goes.

Friend me on MFP and look at my diary. jenn26point2 is the username.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I have to skip over some of the abbreviated jargon too. Its frustrating - and yes, I have felt a bit "left out" too. I wish everyone would just use WORDS!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I have to skip over some of the abbreviated jargon too. Its frustrating - and yes, I have felt a bit "left out" too. I wish everyone would just use WORDS!
    Sorry... I'm used to abbreviations having worked for the Army for the last 13 years... it took a long time for me to pick up on "civilian" shorthand - that used in texts, etc. Sometimes I just skip over stuff too, especially if it doesn't change the sentence (for instance, FWIW doesn't change the sentence - translation: for what it's worth). If I don't know what it means, I ask.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe if the poster used the acronym followed by the complete words the first time in the sentence, they would be able to use just the letters in the remainder of the post.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 02-04-2013 at 12:16 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sorry... I'm used to abbreviations having worked for the Army for the last 13 years... it took a long time for me to pick up on "civilian" shorthand - that used in texts, etc. Sometimes I just skip over stuff too, especially if it doesn't change the sentence (for instance, FWIW doesn't change the sentence - translation: for what it's worth). If I don't know what it means, I ask.
    LOL...
    Hubs and I are both former USAF... and he is currently a cop.
    So, acronyms, ACRONYMS for EVERYTHING!!!
    He throws them out left and right whenever talking about work of course, and if he sees me look momentarily puzzled by a new one he pauses... it's a game to see if I can work it out correctly on my own.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Then I'm going to guess its either enough food for you or you have a problem with digestion somewhere. Liver cleansing and enzymes might be a good idea. Do you have a gall bladder?
    Ashley - What is this liver cleansing you speak of? :-)

Megan

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Maybe if the poster used the anachronism followed by the complete words the first time in the sentence, they would be able to use just the letters in the remainder of the post.
    I love you! That is the greatest idea I have ever read.

I heard a standup comedian state "How lazy are we as a society when we abbreviate a two letter word.......@" LOL

And why is abbrviated such a long word for it's meaning?

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway? Why is a pear a pear when there is only one?

I could do this all day!

LMAO