Page 35 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 35

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kotato,

For your stats, MFP gives me 1391.
    Multiplied by the sedentary multiplier of 1.2 gives you a total calorie burn of 1669

1300-1400 would be a good caolorie goal range

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Why Primal and now LCHF Primal?

I was obese by the age of 8. My poor parents had both been victims of sexual abuse. They used food to numb their pain. Being raised by two morbidly obese, emotional eaters left me with a warped relationship with food. I continued on that path through adulthood and into my 40's. By Jan 2010 I was 280lbs and falling apart. I could not eat normally anymore. Everyday was one long binge. The damage from years of self abuse caused a near deadly pulmonary emboli event in Oct 2010, just after I started Primal.

I have been Primal for 2.5 years. The first year I lost 65 lbs. I binged maybe once or twice a month and thought that was okay Just after my one year Primal'versary my Mom died after a 4 year battle with ovarian cancer. Over the next year the bingeing got progressively worse until I was binging half of each month I regained half the weight I lost and the signs of the venal inflammation that caused the lung clots was back and even worse. I ended up having hypoglycemic episodes from jumping back and forth between clean eating and carb fests. I am prediabetic again and I also now suffer from adrenal fatigue.

Over the last year or more I have tried all different Primal "tweaks" to get a handle on my issues. I am sticking with EMF because it gives me more control over the binge issue which in turn allows my body to heal. Instead of 15 days of binges in January, I had 3. I also believe that I am cutting my cancer risk by controlling my blood sugar and insulin reaction.

So, I guess the weightloss is not the main thing, though I enjoy the "Primal Hotness" I get from this way of life. I keep stopping at mirrors and saying "Damn Girl, You look good today." Must be the extra fat.

+1,000,000
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

MJam is offline Junior Member
    Day 1 was mostly successful for me. I went over my carb grams but it was not by a lot and I figure it will take a few days to get it all dialed in. Here is my yesterday's food log since I *HATE* MFP...I find it hard to use and it never already has the foods I need to input, so I just don't use it to keep my stress and cortisol low.

Breakfast:
    - 30g brazil nuts 20g F, 4g P, 4g C
    - 1 med avocado 22.5g F, 0g P, 15g C
    - 2 tbsps salsa 0g F, 0g P, 2g C
    - *2 fish oil pills*
    Lunch:
    - 1 tbsp coconut oil 14g F, 0g P, 0g C
    - 3 eggs (1 whole 2 yolk) 15g f, 12g P, 2g C
    - 2 tbsps salsa 0g F, 0g P, 2g C
    - Carrots (85g) 0g F, 1g P, 8g C
    “SNACK”
    - 2 tbsps coconut oil 28g F, 0g P, 0g C
    Dinner:
    - Can of tuna 0g F, 30g P, 0g C
    - 1 tsp bacon grease 4g F, 0g P, 0g C
    - 1.5 hot sausage 19.5g F, 16.5g P, 0g C
    - *2 tbsps MAG*
    FAT= 123 PROTEIN= 63.5 CARB= 33

My *why* is just to be healthier overall and I love self-experimenting. I completed a totally perfect 100% compliant Whole34 from Dec.1-Jan.3 (not a sniff of chocolate over Christmas, we even brought all our own food to the Christmas dinner) I am 5'8" and 145lbs so I am in great shape already. I have 2 tiny toddlers and I fit into my 26 inch waist pre-baby jeans now. I wanted to see what eating a high fat diet would do to me and how I would feel. I have overcome a history of disordered eating (bulimia and binging) and switched the whole fam to paleo (husbie and the 2 babes). In March I will start another n=1 experiment because I get bored super easily.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    What do you mean by this? I figured anything sugary would throw you out of ketosis?
    see I am not sure. I know too many carbs will and too much protein will. I have read about some people that still get the bright purple on the stick after having a little sweet but still under their carbs.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kymma is online now Senior Member
    I think the why's help us when the scales or goals make us nervous. I know my mind feels a little more 'right' since I am thinking of why, and not all the what not's.

my why?

I have got to get to a healthier weight to "be there" for my daughter. I also notice I am happier eating this way. I look back to how I used to eat and am appalled. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I have self-medicated for years. I still struggle through with eating. I have to change the way I see food. This has helped. I am sure its the EMF portion of it.
    Karin

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    see I am not sure. I know too many carbs will and too much protein will. I have read about some people that still get the bright purple on the stick after having a little sweet but still under their carbs.
    I have no ketostix so I don't test. I'm going with just how I feel and I feel bummed, lethargic and just out of sorts. I also feel like I want to cry and don't care about anything. I'm going to say that I just had too much of things last and say I am starting over again. I'm not going to stress over this. It is what it is.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I have no ketostix so I don't test. I'm going with just how I feel and I feel bummed, lethargic and just out of sorts. I also feel like I want to cry and don't care about anything. I'm going to say that I just had too much of things last and say I am starting over again. I'm not going to stress over this. It is what it is.
    I have started over and am on day 8. Start fresh and make the most of the new beginning! You can do this.
    Karin

Kotato is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Kotato,

For your stats, MFP gives me 1391.
    Multiplied by the sedentary multiplier of 1.2 gives you a total calorie burn of 1669

1300-1400 would be a good caolorie goal range
    Ah, wait... I didn't realize MFP wasn't including my "fitness goals" when it calculated my expected calories burned! So when I work out, I get more calories? I'm not sure if I have the patience for that... Maybe I'll just bump my calories up, since I've got a pretty predictable gym routine down.

Thanks for taking a look--that range looks right to me.
    23, F, 5'5" and ~140lbs
    My mostly-dormant journal

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Enjoy reading this thread except for the MOE's, the QEI"s the WOE's, the SAD's, the MFP's...the etc etc
    No idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Geeez....does no one actualy type anymore? Feel like I'm reading my daughters txt's.

LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17