Page 33 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 33

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Be sure to include the measurements in MFP, they are easy to add to there and easier to find than if you put them here or in a journal or something.
    Yes, I will do that .

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The way I broke my chocolate binging was to keep so much of it in the house I could not possibly finish it, always, still. And allow myself to eat as much as I wanted. Oddly that did it. And when I go off plan I never think to go in and start on the chocolate. Weird, I know.

I second the cream cheese with sweetener, and maybe a few drops of a flavoring or a few nuts chopped in it (I am often looking for crunchy/creamy/sweet). Fast, single serving, it does the trick, and helps with the fat macro.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I weigh every day too, but I get that doesn't work for everyone. I know my fluctuations and expect them. As long as I'm not on a gaining trend it doesn't bother me. Like I knew my weight would be up today because the nachos I ate last night sat like a rock and I noticed I had quite a bit of thirst yet haven't urinated much since. When I woke up this morning I did not have a strong urge to visit the ladies' room like normal. I'm not sure how much is holding onto water body wide or if its going to my colon to give me some... issues later. But I expected a higher weight this morning and found it. But in my mind I know about how much higher I expect it should be and if its more or less than that that tells me something too. But I know in a day or two I will be back down, possibly lower again than my lowest yet. It's all good.

If I try to weigh weekly or whatever, I get way to optimistic and have dreams of how much I may have lost and disappoint myself lol. And it nags at me all week. I feel blind or something. So I just weigh every day and have for years so I'm used to those normal ups and downs.

I have found several factors that can lead to a temporarily higher weight (and I also measure my waist which helps). Eating more salt than I needed, diarrhea brewing/constipation, hormones, both before and during that Russian circus as well as briefly during ovulation and exersizing enough to get sore muscles (this one not so much anymore, maybe since low carb?).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    geo- hmmm.. maybe but not necessarily unless you notice the same symptoms when leaving ketosis..
    What do you mean by this? I figured anything sugary would throw you out of ketosis?
    Georgette

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    That's what I worry about too! Anticipating a big weight loss and then being disappointed. I will weigh myself Wednesday ( make sure that adding more fat is working for me) and see where I go from there . Maybe just cutting it down to twice a week will satisfy my "addiction" to the scale .

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I had a little treat last night that was high fat and really very sating and delish! It was one square of 90% chocolate with a chunk of coconut and a dab of almond butter on it. It really did the trick. It was like a combination Mounds Bar and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. And it was goooooooooood! Stayed in keto, had some nice fat....it was a win win.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I had a little treat last night that was high fat and really very sating and delish! It was one square of 90% chocolate with a chunk of coconut and a dab of almond butter on it. It really did the trick. It was like a combination Mounds Bar and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. And it was goooooooooood! Stayed in keto, had some nice fat....it was a win win.
    i've been wondering about getting into nut butters but didn't know what to put it on (don't know why that stopped me i used to eat PB out of the jar!), but this is a cracking idea!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You guys are scaring me. I weighed daily last month, but went to once a week for February. What if my Friday weigh and measure is disappointing? As it is, I can't expect to lose nearly as much this month as last. EEK!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Ok, let's talk about our why's. I always find when I talk to someone about goals, that the only way to keep their eye on the prize when it is a long way off goal, is to talk why.

Since I was off plan all weekend and have been struggling again after being so committed Nov. - Dec. 24 and doing well in January against a demanding schedule, and am now at a weight that is triggering some sabotage, I'll go first.

I am insulin resistant and sugar addicted. I want to beat the mental and physical enslavement that both of these issues are causing me and will continue to cause if I become diabetic. I can do it now, or I can do it later, when I am sick with diabetes.

EMF, LCHF WOE allows me to be satisfied and lose weight each month. This means I am healing, because my body is metabolizing fat and sugar stores.

Going off plan makes me feel sick to my stomach, lethargic, gain pounds very quickly, and also leads to some mental health issues (addiction, binging, anxiety, depression) that I have worked hard to practice self care to combat.

EMF after a couple of weeks makes me feel like Wonder Woman, like I can do freaking anything.

Today, I choose to return to this WOE so I can be the super heroine I am, not the addicted, sick woman that I can so easily chose to become.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    2)Get sleep in line. I take magnesium and 5htp just after dinner to help with sleep. Night bingers also have low serotonin levels in the evening so 5htp works for that.
    DO NOT take 5-htp if you take ANY kind of prescription antidepressant.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I second the cream cheese with sweetener, and maybe a few drops of a flavoring or a few nuts chopped in it (I am often looking for crunchy/creamy/sweet). Fast, single serving, it does the trick, and helps with the fat macro.
    100% pure maple syrup does double duty here... it flavors and sweetens! I make my cream cheese clouds with maple syrup for this very reason. Yummo.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    If I try to weigh weekly or whatever, I get way to optimistic and have dreams of how much I may have lost and disappoint myself lol. And it nags at me all week. I feel blind or something. So I just weigh every day and have for years so I'm used to those normal ups and downs.

Me too. If I weigh once a week, I do the same thing. Every day works well for me.

That being said, I'm back down to 184 again. FINALLY. 3 months to put it on, one month to take it off. Hopefully I keep with the downward trend and don't get back into binging habits (which is what pushed the weight back up - but I blame hormones for the binging behavior as I quit using hormonal birth control in September).

Had some heart palpitations yesterday. Today I feel easily winded and my heart would start pounding. Started analyzing what had changed recently and realized I haven't taken my stressB + Iron in over a week... wondering if iron is low. Picked up a new bottle today to start that back up. When I was mildly anemic (reading of 12.1 instead of 13.5), I would get winded easily. My iron level gets checked ever 8 weeks or so b/c I'm a regular blood donor. I always felt winded when the blood center would deny my donation due to low iron, so I've come to recognize the signs. The only other thing to change recently is my increase of 5-htp from 100 mg daily to 150 mg daily, but everything I've read says there are no side effects to using this supplement. I will keep researching, but I'm pretty sure it's electrolyte and iron related.

Low electrolytes can cause irregular heart rhythm (palpitations) so I just drank 2 packets of Herb Ox. I gotta say the "regular" version is not as tasty as the "sodium free with 2 salt packets added". lol I'll get used to the taste change, I'm sure.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)