Page 32 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 32

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Yep, that is great, I would stay the course, you can always drop to the lower numbers if you hit a stall.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Yep, that is great, I would stay the course, you can always drop to the lower numbers if you hit a stall.
    Thanks again ! I just need to stay off of the dreaded scales! I am trying to weigh once a week. But every morning they seem to call out my name lol. I have been doing better though, just jumping on them every few days. It amazes me that I can give up sugar,grains,dairy and ALCOHOL,but cannot stop weighing myself .

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Congrats pebbles, 20 days binge free is awesome. I used to binge as well and I know how strong the cravings can be. :-)

I weigh every day I have since I hit my highest weight, 50lbs ago. Weighing daily helps me see how even a little cheat can upset my progress. It also helps keep me honest about where I am when I was 225 I didn't realize how much I had put on. Not weighing myself lets me claim ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiegoneprimal View Post
    I weigh every day I have since I hit my highest weight, 50lbs ago. Weighing daily helps me see how even a little cheat can upset my progress. It also helps keep me honest about where I am when I was 225 I didn't realize how much I had put on. Not weighing myself lets me claim ignorance.
    I agree! But I find with me if I go up .2 on the scale it effects me mentally. It's amazing to me the "power" those little numbers hold over me.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Last night took an 800 ibuprofen and drank a cup of BP tea as well as a cup of broth (my daughter took half as she thought it smelled and tasted good-weird). This headache could be the cold, carb flu, electrolyte imbalance, I do not know. What is weird is that my wrists (both of them) were numb and tingly. This morning, woke with headache, took another 800, headache on the way out but one wrist is kinda achey. GRR.. That all being said though.. Rocked my macros!! Day 7 clean!!
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

When I weighed daily I tended to tweak the program if my weight went up, especially when it went up the day after a particularly clean day. Changing things daily is not good for the body. I need to get to a place where I am comfortable with my eating plan. I may go to a weekly weigh in eventually. Especially if I get the blood ketone monitor. But the truth is, I am pretty sure that the number on the scale is the worst indicator of my fat stores. I need to use other methods.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    When I weighed daily I tended to tweak the program if my weight went up, especially when it went up the day after a particularly clean day. Changing things daily is not good for the body. I need to get to a place where I am comfortable with my eating plan. I may go to a weekly weigh in eventually. Especially if I get the blood ketone monitor. But the truth is, I am pretty sure that the number on the scale is the worst indicator of my fat stores. I need to use other methods.
    I am hoping to weigh myself once a week,it usually would be on a Wednesday. I am going to weigh myself Wednesday and do my measurements and then aim for once a week. It will be 5 weeks on Wednesday of going 100% primal and the only cheats I have had was I was getting my daughter some cheesies and dropped a half of one on the counter and popped it in my mouth by mistake lol.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Ez2cy, my after dinner "something" if I'm feeling the need/desire for a party in my mouth is: 2T of softened cream cheese with a touch of sweetener and perhaps a teaspoon of very dark high quality unsweetened cocoa powder. I find the fat satisfies something, as does the sweet. While I would love a tub of it, a little really does help.

Iam a popcorn addict, I've had it once since starting primal. I have to keep it as something out of the house that can only happen once in a blue moon. If I open the door to making it acceptable, I will do it daily. Abstaining is the only thing that works for me. That and seeing the scale vey morning!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Be sure to include the measurements in MFP, they are easy to add to there and easier to find than if you put them here or in a journal or something.