Page 30 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 30

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It was there.
    I was there.
    And then we were together.
    Adieu, white chocolate, adieu.

Other than that, doing well on the food front and made lovely carnitas for dinner. My appetite remains low, but if that is due to high fat or a cold remains to be seen.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Hmm I've never tried macadamias I don't think. My boyfriend is allergic to them. >.< I do have almonds in my desk at work. I love cheese, I should try more cheeses. Yes there's a fridge at work, I keep my cream in it for the death coffee, lol. I don't really like berries. I don't actually like fruit much. I like peaches and apples! But they are pretty bad for me ofc. :P

Sigh. Losing weight is hard. >.>

I sound like an ass today, I should stop talking. *flails and hides*
    LOL not an ass
    Yes it can be hard, but it doesn't have to be Must suck to be allergic to macadamias.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Had a great day. This thread goes way too fast for me! Going to be hard to keep up!

Hope everyone had a good day. See you tomorrow.
    Hope you had a good day too
    Mine was OK, just picked up my son from school, was hard to get anything out of him, about what he did today, but he said he had fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    It was there.
    I was there.
    And then we were together.
    Adieu, white chocolate, adieu.

Other than that, doing well on the food front and made lovely carnitas for dinner. My appetite remains low, but if that is due to high fat or a cold remains to be seen.
    Hope your cold gets better soon.

Since it was superbowl sunday I did break down and have a beer as well as a small glass of wine. I feel like I did pretty well food wise 8 baked chicken wings, some celery and tomatoes with ranch, and four deviled egg halves. Not too bad right?

calee is offline Senior Member
    I had a good food day. Wanted fat so cooked up some ribs. Sauce would have been nice but weight loss is nicer!

Calories: 1070
    Protein. 21%
    Carbs. 9%
    Fat 70%

Bingo!
    To those just starting, it can take awhile to get in the groove. I had to keep trying and somedays I still can't hit that fat % without a lot of effort.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    No binge last night. On to day 20 binge free. Looking forward to hitting the magic 21 day habit mark and then 4 full weeks after that.

Not weighing daily is hard. :P

qqemokitty Looks like you and Ayla talked it all out. See if you can't find some fat snack ideas from people on MFP.

foodiegoneprimal That looks like a win for Super Bowl Sunday.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    No binge last night. On to day 20 binge free. Looking forward to hitting the magic 21 day habit mark and then 4 full weeks after that.

Not weighing daily is hard. :P

qqemokitty Looks like you and Ayla talked it all out. See if you can't find some fat snack ideas from people on MFP.

foodiegoneprimal That looks like a win for Super Bowl Sunday.
    I've been reading this thread today with interest. I"ll admit I've jumped quite a bit of it.

How did you or do stop the bingeing? I've following PB for awhile now, but I'm on and off again. My problem is binging at nite. I've always had a sweet tooth, but that's not the problem lately. Problems is carbs. I'll sit down to watch t.v. and have 4 slices of bread with peanut butter, bowl of cereal. Sometimes popcorn, and popcorn and more popcorn. Stupid part is, I'm not really hungry. I can and have fasted for 3 full days! I feel terrible after and not great the next day.

I"m at a loss. I've really tried a lot and get going on the right path, see weight loss, walk, exercise, feel great...then I pull the bone head bing and then it's like..."oh well.....screwed up, may as well have a bowl of ice cream now....what will it hurt?"

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    My problem is binging at nite. I've always had a sweet tooth, but that's not the problem lately. Problems is carbs. I'll sit down to watch t.v. and have 4 slices of bread with peanut butter, bowl of cereal
    Night/TV time has been a killer time for me...I have taken to having a cup of hot herbal tea. It seems to do the trick for me as long as my macros are in line for the day.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

[QUOTE=Pebbles67;1080405].
    First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it is your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)

[B]BMR -

Ok..I'm confused as to what I'm suppose to do here for calculations.

I weigh 211.5 KIlo's....BMR of 1880, so my protein is? the 211? Carbs divide by 2 so 106? Am I getting this? Edit; so I have to look for my HISS (ya, I'll never look good in a trunks..LOL) That would be 79.5 Kilos (175)? So I"m suppose to have 79 grams of protien in a day? 40 grams of cargs?

If anyone could tell me what my numbers are suppose to be it would be great.

I haven't stepped on a scale in awhile and just about had a heart attack. God I yo yo bad!!!!!!!

Started last Feb at 235 lbs....got down to 190 in 2 months....and now back up to 211? YIKES

HOw do you spell HELP?
    lol
    Last edited by ez2cy; 02-04-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: didn't do it right?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ez@cy- Some numbers for you:

Your weight in Pounds being 211, your weight in Kilos is 95.

I looked on your profile, and saw you were male, but didn't see your height anywhere, so i will assign you the average height of an American male and make you 5'8". So your HSIS weight is 148 - 162.

Your Protein grams per day are 84-106
    Your Carb maximum grams per day is 42
    Your calorie goal(being male and wanting to lose weight) is 2375 calories per day
    I would stick to the lower amount of Protein to begin with. So...
    84gP (84 x 4 = 336K of Protein)
    42gC (42 x 4 = 168K of Carb)

2375 - (336+168 = 504) = 1871K of Fat

1871 divided by 9 = 208grams Fat

I would try this for two weeks. If you are not losing, I would keep the Protein and Carbs the same, but reduce the fat to bring it closer to 1800 calories. If after a further two weeks you are still not losing, I would cut your carbs to 20.

Hope this is helpful.

Ty it is helpful.

Only numbers I don't understand is

84gP (84 x 4 = 336K of Protein)
    42gC (42 x 4 = 168K of Carb)
    I get the 84 is grams of P and 42 Carbs.....y the x 4? what is "K"?

I signed up to myfitnesspal as well.

I was using another site but if everyone is on that one, maybe someone can look at what I'm doing and kick me in my fat butt.

Oh....you guess'd well.....I am 5'8" n an 1/2.....LOL don't forget the 1/2

Dang, forgot to click off the show signature...I'ts not right or updated
    Last edited by ez2cy; 02-04-2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: signature not correct....
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013