Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 3

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ooooow forgot to mention my goals for February.

Not sure what my weight is as I have stopped weighing myself.

Goals for February:

Current size: 18 (UK)
    Feb Goal Size: 16

To reduce my "off plan" eating to a few days.

Stick to my p90x exercise plan

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Started January at 192.7 and yo-yo-ed all over the place ending up at 191.9 in spite of seeing 187.0 during the month. Obviously tracking is a tool I'll have to use.

Starting February at 189.6. We'll see where we go from here.

Feb goals~
    Get comfortable tracking
    Crank up the outdoor projects for more exercise
    I would love to end the month at 180 to 184 but I am not going to hold my breath.

Taking Feb starting measurements now.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I will also take measurements before bed tonight and jot them down. I at least want to see if there are any changes in my waist, and arms for the next month. Bust I am not too concerned with. I probably won't lose much there. I have decided clothing wise, I will not get anything new until next month. I will make belts work for me until then. Considering that my birthday is 3/6, it would be nice to have a good loss to celebrate and have to get some new clothes then.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    shrinkinglo, a good general rule of thumb, if you are trying to release fat, is to say that you take your target carbs (lets say 30g for arguments sake). Then 2x's that is your general protein goal (so that would be 60g using my 30g example). Then your fat goal would be about 2x's the protein (that brings you to 120g using my original example). So...

Carbs =30g or less
    Protein =60g or less (this number coincidentally is also pretty much you HSIS number in kg)
    Fat = 120g or more

To get the calorie goal, multiply carbs and protein by 4 calories and fat by 9 then add the numbers up..
    4x30=120, 4x60=240, and 9x120=1080 add them together and you get 1440 calories.

It is hard to be able to give guidance on what you are eating if you haven't set up the goals. Unless what you are looking for is to just stay within a range of percentages and you aren't worried about the numbers. But a glance at your numbers for today and I would say you are a tad over on your protein, which we have all had to work with a bit! Your carbs are on the low side, but I think generally shooting low on those as long as you are feeling good is probably a good thing.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Shrinkinglo- have you tried Tomi's version of fried eggs? One whole egg, plus 2 yolks. Toss the extra whites. I call it the Triclops, and it is becoming one of my favorite new breakfasts. Brings the fat up near 80% without too much extra protein(since I like to have sausage with my eggs). Some people have difficulty keeping the protein at moderate portions, and this is a good way to not overload at breakfast.
    Let me also add............ 2 TB of butter or ghee! I also sprinkle on garam masala and cayenne pepper for an added mouth burst and metabolism boost! Some cajun seasoning would probably give it the same kick! enjoy...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thinking I am diving back into NK, my mouth tastes like the Army marched through it after a 10 mile hike through a muddy pasture.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'M SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!! to start another month of EAT MOAR FAT! Thanks, Paula, for starting us out on a new thread and taking the time and brain work to put together such a great opening post! I'm impressed at how thorough it is! You get bacon points!

I'm starting the month at 178 on the nose. Total lost in Jan = 7 pounds. I don't measure body parts (thats just freaks me out too much)

Goals:
    - to continue to lose weight (duh!)
    - to find and use new recipes
    - to get through 1 week vacation (RVing down the coast) without too many nutritional blunders!
    - to keep fats as near to 70% as possible, carbs as near to 10% as possible, and proteins to fill the remaining 20%.
    - to walk my 2.25 miles 20 of the 28 days in February!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    shrinkinglo, a good general rule of thumb, if you are trying to release fat, is to say that you take your target carbs (lets say 30g for arguments sake). Then 2x's that is your general protein goal (so that would be 60g using my 30g example). Then your fat goal would be about 2x's the protein (that brings you to 120g using my original example). So...

Carbs =30g or less
    Protein =60g or less (this number coincidentally is also pretty much you HSIS number in kg)
    Fat = 120g or more

To get the calorie goal, multiply carbs and protein by 4 calories and fat by 9 then add the numbers up..
    4x30=120, 4x60=240, and 9x120=1080 add them together and you get 1440 calories.

It is hard to be able to give guidance on what you are eating if you haven't set up the goals. Unless what you are looking for is to just stay within a range of percentages and you aren't worried about the numbers. But a glance at your numbers for today and I would say you are a tad over on your protein, which we have all had to work with a bit! Your carbs are on the low side, but I think generally shooting low on those as long as you are feeling good is probably a good thing.
    Thank you so much for that Dem. I am going back too the drawing board and will rejig my figures and work from there. would like to be spot on because I have 100 pounds to lose and I would like to get rid of my PMT.

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    February Goals: Stay at 80% as much as possible (with a scheduled FAIL on February 9th when Lady Friend forces me out of my self-imposed and cherished introverted isolation to mingle with other people at a fancy restaurant for dinner*).

I started at 70% (67-73%) fat a week or so into January and my body did nothing for two weeks. Frustrated, I bumped it up to 80% (78-81%) and went down about six pounds in four days. However, I'm also battling a nasty cold which has reduced my appetite, so I can't lay all the olive wreaths at the feet of 80% yet. Need more data. And need to be rid of this horrid virus which saps my will to live and turns me into a big whiny baby.

My college major was Ancient Greek and Latin, not nutritional science or anything remotely respectful or useful, so my best guess is that because I am largely sedentary, the calories I took in at 70% were fine to maintain but not to lose. Bumping up to 80%, I am satiated at fewer calories. But again, this is not my area of expertise. Hope February holds good things for all of us!

* Damn you, Lady Friend! * shakes fist *

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interested to see a daily meal plan from some of you working with 70-80% daily fat.. Not sure how you accomplish this, while keeping protein low, without drinking oil or just spooning big scoops of butter in your mouth..
    Last edited by abc123; 02-01-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast