Page 281 of 282 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 281

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Paleobird has been gone at least 6 months. Some here have kept in touch with her through a yahoo group.

Buy some fresh mature coconuts poke drink the water then crack em with a hammer around equator ( put a glove on the hand that holds the coconut first )
    Then pry meat out. One of the most nutritious foods around. I put some thru my single gear juicer and make fresh coconut cream or make coconut butter. Lots of pulp produced too to throw In Your high fat smoothie. It's limitless. I bet I'm 75% coconut. !!!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbelanger View Post
    Buy some fresh mature coconuts poke drink the water then crack em with a hammer around equator ( put a glove on the hand that holds the coconut first )
    Then pry meat out. One of the most nutritious foods around. I put some thru my single gear juicer and make fresh coconut cream or make coconut butter. Lots of pulp produced too to throw In Your high fat smoothie. It's limitless. I bet I'm 75% coconut. !!!
    Sounds amazing
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Paleobird has been gone at least 6 months. Some here have kept in touch with her through a yahoo group.
    Sounds like some bad hurt and feelings happened just by reading her thread. That is not a friendly zone.
    Karin

mdh157 is offline Member
    do you guys have any issues with regularity when on a NK diet or does the low p, high f take care of that?

I did initially but do not now. I have found though that if you stick to larger portions of vlc veggies, the gi track evens out.
    Karin

MarciGal is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone! Just found the site and forum and thread! Count me IN please!

Now to go back and read the 280 pages of posts!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Marcigal, Welcome!

Have you tried eating Primal Blueprint by the book first? Nutritional Ketosis or very low carb is an extreme version of the program that should only be used after the original version of 50 - 150 grams of carbs has been tried for a while.

I tried nk after being primal for 1.5 years to lose some weight I had regained due to binging. I was only on sustained nk for 5 months and I still binged periodically. Most of my weightloss occurred at 100 to 150 grams of carb range.

We will certainly support any version of paleo you want to pursue, just make sure you read Primal 101 on the blog. Good Luck!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

MarciGal is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! Actually I have not done Primal or Paleo, only several 'low carb' plans the past 10 years or so off and on! Right now I am doing Nutrition Ketosis and am about done with Week 3. Apparently, Mark's plan is similar which it why his site came up on the 'hit list' while searching for information. Trying to find info on ketosis & it's relation or effect on those with health issues like hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, insulin resistance, etc. Always great to learn from others!

Wow, I started out doing what I normally have done in the past, with 20 carbs tops every day. And you're losing on the 100 to 150 grams carbs range? That's amazing. Like I said, I've got a lot more to learn! I need to lose about 100lbs but most important is health issues and how I feel. Losing the weight would sure be a nice bonus. I have finally decided that this is THE WAY to eat and I'm staying on it for good, tweaking as needed.
    Last edited by MarciGal; 08-23-2014 at 05:42 PM.

amyflood is offline Junior Member
    ketosis ladies! can you please answer this question for me? I'm trying to keep my carbs under 20g and my fat around 138g. I've been eating a lot of avocados, but each avocado has 15g of carbs. is that info accurate? how are you all staying under 20g of carbs? i can't do dairy but even so, dairy always pushes me over my protein limit. really frustrated and don't want to resort to eating sticks of butter.