Page 280 of 282 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282 LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 280

Ice
    Ice is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I looked for a more current thread but didn't find one. I began NK on the 13th and have dropped 6.5 pounds in 6 days. I've struggled for several years trying to lose excess weight and think maybe I've finally found the winning combination for me. Are any others out there still doing NK?

something4me is offline Member
    Congratulations on your success so far! I stopped doing NK this summer, but intend to restart this winter.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Are any others out there still doing NK?
    Never left it. In my case, I have a high stress job, and NK enables me to just keep rollin' on. You may find some interesting info at Wooo's blog (she doesn't come here that I know of, and some of her posts aren't my style - but get her going on brain chemistry and she describes it from her own experience and from clinical observations as a practicing nurse) - The Scribble Pad

She also recently obtained a 23 and me profile (mine is pending - I am quite curious). In her case, she also obtained expanded data via another service. She recognized the utter necessity of NK for her. It makes interesting reading.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Ice. Congratulations! Although I do not do NK anymore, I think it is an excellent plan. I started NK hoping to control a binge eating disorder. In the end, I found my answer elsewhere. Each of us needs to find just the right combination of macros that works best for our bodies. Good Luck.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Silent as the grave in here..I am starting back, never should have changed what I was doing.. I tweaked my program to death until I quit losing..and then gained so much back.

Anyway.. Hello.. Today was day 1, ground zero..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Go Karin!

For those of you who don't know, I am the originator of this thread. Even though I don't live nk anymore, I find it to be a useful tool. Most of the time, I follow a much higher carb program. I am currently doing a 2 week nk experiment, in order to shed water weight for a play that I am in which opens on Friday.

splunky is offline Senior Member
    I started nk about 2 wks ago but yesterday I got real serious with it. So much to learn! Have always been fairly LC & tried to tweak things around to incorporate higher carbs only to gain each time which would end in emotional eating.
    I am so balanced & satisfied this way.
    Have yet to test blood ketones but will on thurs or fri. Am doing the Fat Fast for a couple of days to see if I can kick start some weight loss & get dairy out. I suspect I'm sensitive to it, sadly.
    Haven't read this whole thread but would love to chat with others about it!

I did NK about a year ago and since quitting I gained 50 pounds.. talk about depressing. I think my body prefers the LC/VLC. On day 3 now. Yesterday was a bit rocky. I am not testing for keytones blood or urine as my body lets me know in other ways. On the 3rd day and down 8. Even though its water weight, it needed to go.
    Karin

I did well yesterday.

I ate beanless chili, eggs, chicken, pork rinds, macadamia nuts and green beans. I felt awake and energetic all day.

Today's food is basically the same.

so, interestingly enough I popped into Paleobirds carnivorous etc. etc...so she is gone? Her thread has run amuck and it ain't pretty. Too much drama. Long ago I subscribed to it but have since deleted it.

Having a good VLC day today. I am exhausted because of the running around I have had to do though. Feel like I am winning a race though.
    Karin