Page 274 of 281 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2804

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 274

Annlee is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Hi all -
    Checking in after a few weeks. I'm up ~5lbs. I blame several factors: stress, stress and travel. ( I never eat dessert and while on one day trip to The east coast - I broke down and ate butterscotch pudding at a resto. Geesh. ). And the past few days I feel super bloated - rings tigh5 on hand and belly/breasts rotund. So not sure how to manage bloating. (Advice welcome!)

I'm thinking of this week just focusing on super lean approach. Lower fat, salt. More water and salads for lunch and dinner. Lets see if I can drop some the 5 in water.

I can't imagine much how stress (work) is affecting things. I notice I crave cocoa crack like the dickens. And CC I add salt. So that will also go this week. I haven't eaten grains or bread or sugar (except the butterscotch pudding). But just not eating stuff is enuf. I suspect I'm binging at bit on CC and just food even god food in excess is not good. Been too busy (stress) to even track in MFP. I take some comfort in that clothes still fit. But I feel awful and am fed up with the bloated,feeling --blech.

Sigh ok confessions done. Thanks for letting me vent.
    That's part of what the forum is for. Stress will certainly override otherwise good behavior. I have found that NK leaves me better able to manage my stress levels - though even that management is not completely there. For me, the extra piece is exercise - when I get my morning exercise (morning == the only part of the day I own), I do better for the entire day.

Exercise may or may not help you - but I bet there is something that will. Ideas?

If my goal weight is 152 can you tell me what the ideal ratio is for me? Thus last week I have been eating 1800 calories.20 grams carbs, 90plus protein and trying to get in 140 fat or less. I am not losing any weight. I weigh 173..

I dont think im doing this right..

Any suggestions of how i can turn this around? I exercise 6 days a week.

Thanks for any input.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    It is too much to expect to lose weight all of the sudden and continuously until goal weight is reached. As for the diet, you are doing nothing wrong. Your mind is just not aligned with your body, which in general is smarter than the mind. If your weight is not moving, you reached some form of balance. You are clearly not comfortable with that balance so anything you will do to shake off the status quo will be felt physiologically as an out-of-the-ordinary state. You will then lose weight but whether you will feel healthy and the weight will be maintainable is another question.

If you are OK with eating fat and are burning fat most of the time for your daily energy use, then I would suggest you skip breakfast, and after while you skip lunch. When you feel comfortable with one meal / day, up your carbs (so-called "safe starches", check Paul Jaminet's website and diet guidelines, and decrease the amount of fat when you have more carbs than usual). During the fasting period, work out (walk a lot mostly, and do some HIIT once in a while, maybe 2x week).

I assume you are a woman from your forum nickname, so you have the extra complication caused by your menstruation cycle. My wife has a harder time in the second half of the cycle with this regimen so she loosens up and eat 2 meals a day. She also avoids high histamine foods during that time.

As a man myself, I feel on top of things with this way of eating and even though I am rather slender, I started to shed more body fat in this way. Note that I do not restrict my calories during the single meal. I eat a lot! But on average, it covers my needs for I never feel any fatigue or sub-optimal feelings. The food quality is also important (no grains, no legumes, no sugar, no veg oils, no processed crap).

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinacristina View Post
    If my goal weight is 152 can you tell me what the ideal ratio is for me? Thus last week I have been eating 1800 calories.20 grams carbs, 90plus protein and trying to get in 140 fat or less. I am not losing any weight. I weigh 173..

I dont think im doing this right..

Any suggestions of how i can turn this around? I exercise 6 days a week.

Thanks for any input.
    Tina~
    What works for most folk is to keep protein down to around .8 g/kg of goal weight. For you, this would be 55 gm. Keep your carbs under 40 -50 and eat as much fat as you want, preferably to hunger. If you need to count calories initially, this is fine.

What do you do for exercise? Too much cardio is a no-no for fat loss.

Read these posts:
    http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/k...low-carb-pt-i/

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/s...ow-carb-pt-ii/
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-03-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Hi all -
    Checking in after a few weeks. I'm up ~5lbs. I blame several factors: stress, stress and travel. ( I never eat dessert and while on one day trip to The east coast - I broke down and ate butterscotch pudding at a resto. Geesh. ). And the past few days I feel super bloated - rings tigh5 on hand and belly/breasts rotund. So not sure how to manage bloating. (Advice welcome!)

I'm thinking of this week just focusing on super lean approach. Lower fat, salt. More water and salads for lunch and dinner. Lets see if I can drop some the 5 in water.

I can't imagine much how stress (work) is affecting things. I notice I crave cocoa crack like the dickens. And CC I add salt. So that will also go this week. I haven't eaten grains or bread or sugar (except the butterscotch pudding). But just not eating stuff is enuf. I suspect I'm binging at bit on CC and just food even god food in excess is not good. Been too busy (stress) to even track in MFP. I take some comfort in that clothes still fit. But I feel awful and am fed up with the bloated,feeling --blech.

Sigh ok confessions done. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Just go back to vlc/high fat/mod protein. 5 lbs is easily water weight & will drop off in a few days.
    Try focusing on more saturated fat from meat and eggs. It can be more satiating than coconut fat.
    And stop being so hard on yourself! Adding to your stress won't help.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-03-2013 at 03:31 AM.

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    My calendar is trying to tell me something...
    PorkFatRules.jpg
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Tina~
    What works for most folk is to keep protein down to around .8 g/kg of goal weight. For you, this would be 55 gm. Keep your carbs under 40 -50 and eat as much fat as you want, preferably to hunger. If you need to count calories initially, this is fine.

What do you do for exercise? Too much cardio is a no-no for fat loss.

Read these posts:
    Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt I The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.

Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.
    Thanks both DKJames and DragonFly. I appreciate your input greatly.

DragonFly can you tell me how you do your math and arrived at 55 Grs of protein with .8 of 152? I took 152 ideal weight X .8 and got 112? If you could just show me your formula it would surly help give me some direction. I just want to get this.

As far as upping the fat when needed and lowering my protein...I got a good feeling about this. I remember, last year when I was on HCG with 500 calorie a day I couldn't get below 155 for 2 weeks after being on the program for 6 weeks from 182. I was trying but not budging and stuck to it like a saint but I was miserable. Then one day I bought myself some coconut butter to have for my upcoming transition from Phase 2 to Phase 3 but I didn't even make it home with that jar. I sat in the car, open it and right there ate more than a 1/4 of that jar and LOVED every bite of it. My body was starving, seriously, starving for it. The next day I was rewarded with a 3 LB loss. I couldn't make out what had happen but I know one thing looking back today...that worked! Similar to what you are all doing here.

At this point, I just got to lower my protein. My carbs have been in the low 20 range so that is easy. Fat I can easily up when needed for hunger. I'll eat more of that Cocunut butter...lol. I hope this is the ticket for me.

As far as exercise, it varies from Kettle Bells, walks, runs, weights, etc...I try to switch it up everyday and last week went on a sprint....i felt great.

I am on a month now of sticking to primal and slowly tweaking it here and there...Not an ounce of sugar or bread and feel terrific. My main goal is to lose weight (slowly is ok) but at least see progress. I am hoping this will be the way to go for me and I got a good feeling...

I'm in menopause now at the age of 51....and things are not like they use to be. Everything takes more time (weight loss) and I take a thyroid pill everyday too. That too happen a few years ago as well.

It's great to read all these responses too...so happy I found this post.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to the thread.

Dragonfly first converted your weight from pounds to kilograms then multiplied by .8

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Welcome to the thread.

Dragonfly first converted your weight from pounds to kilograms then multiplied by .8
    Yup. Thanks Pebbles!

And thank you for starting this thread!

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Did anyone get insanely hungry on TOM? I got full early yesterday and was about 400 cals under my limit and today I got my TOM and I cannot stop eating! Its like I have a wooden leg or something.

I drank a lot of water so I'm not thirsty.

Other than that TOM snuck up on me 2 days early. Mildly anti-social and a few cramps here or there but nothing terrible.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135