Page 273 of 282 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 273

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I was mostly referring to our buddies "the dude bros" who are young with never damaged metabolisms and single digit BF% who work out like fiends and wonder why they don't feel so great trying to do ketosis and then go around bad mouthing it for everyone else. Along with them are a few anorexic females who are disappointed that they can't get from size one to size zero jeans.

For you and me (who actually have some weight to lose but are reasonable about our goals) it works great.

Sweetened condensed milk!?! I wonder what the statute of limitations is on child abuse. Urg.
    Gotcha. Though I am sometimes able to wear a size 2!

Yeah, not a great start. No money, combined with bad info and a particular cultural window, so no breast milk for me! That said, Mom did eat lots of salmon and liver during her pregnancy, so my IQ ain't so shabby, even if I have bad gut flora, poor jaw development and teeth via lack of Vitamin D and no nursing.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Last I heard you were doing it cyclically with carb ups in between. Are you still doing that?
    No I was not cycling, at least not on purpose, but my binges every week or two could be looked at that way. I gave it five months and learned a lot, but I found that hormonally it was not optimal for me. I had some bad bouts with mood swings to the point where I scared myself.

I am now eating a 5:2 fast plan with 5 days of 75-100 grams of carbs and about 2000 calories and 2 days fasting until a 500 calorie dinner. I am not experiencing the physical and emotional binge backlash as badly as when I was aiming for nk. I am also losing weight at a better rate and making more gains in the gym.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hyperlipid: Fiaf (2) starving amidst plenty

I love Peter's blog! So many gems...
    That was a great post. The other half or it is called "Who's Fat is it Anyway?". That was the article that got me to re-think my BAS habit. I realized that I was just feeding the bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    No I was not cycling, at least not on purpose, but my binges every week or two could be looked at that way. I gave it five months and learned a lot, but I found that hormonally it was not optimal for me. I had some bad bouts with mood swings to the point where I scared myself.

I am now eating a 5:2 fast plan with 5 days of 75-100 grams of carbs and about 2000 calories and 2 days fasting until a 500 calorie dinner. I am not experiencing the physical and emotional binge backlash as badly as when I was aiming for nk. I am also losing weight at a better rate and making more gains in the gym.
    I'm glad you are finding something that works for you. Binge eating disorders are something that I don't think I will ever really understand not ever having experienced that myself.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Hyperlipid: Fiaf (2) starving amidst plenty

I love Peter's blog! So many gems...
    I went back and reread the entire Fiaf series (5 posts). Suddenly, the mechanism of Dr. Atkins' fat fast as a means of breaking weight loss stalls is clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    I went back and reread the entire Fiaf series (5 posts). Suddenly, the mechanism of Dr. Atkins' fat fast as a means of breaking weight loss stalls is clear to me.
    Cool stuff, huh?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    I wish Peter's site had a search function. I think I have read three of those five. Would you happen to have the titles of all of them so I could look them up in order?

They are in alphabetical order on the right column in his blog, PB.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    They are in alphabetical order on the right column in his blog, PB.
    Exactly

Red
    Red is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all -
    Checking in after a few weeks. I'm up ~5lbs. I blame several factors: stress, stress and travel. ( I never eat dessert and while on one day trip to The east coast - I broke down and ate butterscotch pudding at a resto. Geesh. ). And the past few days I feel super bloated - rings tigh5 on hand and belly/breasts rotund. So not sure how to manage bloating. (Advice welcome!)

I'm thinking of this week just focusing on super lean approach. Lower fat, salt. More water and salads for lunch and dinner. Lets see if I can drop some the 5 in water.

I can't imagine much how stress (work) is affecting things. I notice I crave cocoa crack like the dickens. And CC I add salt. So that will also go this week. I haven't eaten grains or bread or sugar (except the butterscotch pudding). But just not eating stuff is enuf. I suspect I'm binging at bit on CC and just food even god food in excess is not good. Been too busy (stress) to even track in MFP. I take some comfort in that clothes still fit. But I feel awful and am fed up with the bloated,feeling --blech.

Sigh ok confessions done. Thanks for letting me vent.