Page 272 of 282 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 272

  1. #2711
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,370
    Good job on finding MSG free bouillon. Bouillon is the easiest way to get the sodium in. Most of us have moved on from NK, but as the original poster on this thread, I am glad to answer any questions you may have.

  2. #2712
    kalli889's Avatar
    kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good job on finding MSG free bouillon. Bouillon is the easiest way to get the sodium in. Most of us have moved on from NK, but as the original poster on this thread, I am glad to answer any questions you may have.
    Thanks so much!
    My Leptin Reset Journey


    Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

  3. #2713
    Annlee's Avatar
    Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good job on finding MSG free bouillon. Bouillon is the easiest way to get the sodium in. Most of us have moved on from NK, but as the original poster on this thread, I am glad to answer any questions you may have.
    I for one haven't moved on (though I started before the thread, back in early Sept last year). I feel better, am slowly losing fat (distal to proximal, oddly) despite erratic exercise due to my job ... and I have no intention of looking elsewhere. NK just plain works for me.

  4. #2714
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    I for one haven't moved on (though I started before the thread, back in early Sept last year). I feel better, am slowly losing fat (distal to proximal, oddly) despite erratic exercise due to my job ... and I have no intention of looking elsewhere. NK just plain works for me.
    Yeah, Pebbles. A lot of us haven't "moved on" at all. We may not feel the need to post about our every meal but that doesn't mean it isn't still our eating plan and still working.

  5. #2715
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, Pebbles. A lot of us haven't "moved on" at all. We may not feel the need to post about our every meal but that doesn't mean it isn't still our eating plan and still working.
    And I just came back to NK after trying ADF. Though this is my first time posting in this thread.

    I tried it 6 months after going Primal (so over 2 years ago) and it didn't work as well for me since I ate too much protein and was counting calories as well. So I only did it for 6 weeks.

    Now I have read up on some of the tips for vlc, I am finding it much easier and know it will be my WOE for the rest of my life.

    Better results with less effort for me. I love how I feel on NK and have dropped an inch off my lower belly in less than a week.

    No calorie counting, either! Yippee!!!

    I had no idea how bloated I was by my 70-100 gms of carbs until I dropped them down to 30-40gm. I eat about 50-60 gm protein.

    And like Paleobird, I eat an animal-based diet, with veggies as garnishes. I have FODMAPS intolerance, so I let my meat eat my greens for me and have offal (usually liver) 3-4 times a week.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-01-2013 at 01:40 PM.

  6. #2716
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,370
    Sorry. No insult intended. Just wanted to explain why there wasn't a lot of action on the thread. Nk just wasnt best for me and many others who posted here. But it works great for some.

  7. #2717
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    And I just came back to NK after trying ADF. Though this is my first time posting in this thread.

    I tried it 6 months after going Primal (so over 2 years ago) and it didn't work as well for me since I ate too much protein and was counting calories as well. So I only did it for 6 weeks.

    Now I have read up on some of the tips for vlc, I am finding it much easier and know it will be my WOE for the rest of my life.
    Better results with less effort for me. I love how I feel on NK and have dropped an inch off my lower belly in less than a week.
    No calorie counting, either! Yippee!!!
    I had no idea how bloated I was by my 70-100 gms of carbs until I dropped them down to 30-40gm. I eat about 50-60 gm protein.

    And like Paleobird, I eat an animal-based diet, with veggies as garnishes. I have FODMAPS intolerance, so I let my meat eat my greens for me and have offal (usually liver) 3-4 times a week.
    I tried the ADF thing but it just seemed un-natural to have designated low and high calorie days on a schedule like that. My calories do vary greatly from day to day but I like keeping it random.

    I think a lot of people have tried ketosis at one time or another with not the greatest results and have written it off permanently as "Just not for me". I really think most of the "failures" can be traced to some combination of the following:

    1)Not giving it enough time to really take effect. (But I tried it for a whole week!)
    2)Eating too much protein and getting stuck in Peter Attia's "Zone of Misery"
    3)Electrolyte issues. Deficiencies, then over supplementation in one area to correct, leading to serious imbalances (IMO drinking some mineral water and skipping the supps works better)
    4)People who were very lean to begin with and are peeved that the last vanity 5lbs didn't come off (If they even have 5 extra anywhere but in their head). Super lean people do not seem to do well on keto, they don't have the "reserves" for it.
    5)Some people who have disordered eating behaviors find ANY restrictive plan to be crazy making.

    I have found counting to be unnecessary too ever since I got over feeling obligated to eat vegetables. It's just about impossible to overeat carbs on a mostly meat diet and also very hard to overeat period.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-01-2013 at 02:07 PM.

  8. #2718
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sorry. No insult intended. Just wanted to explain why there wasn't a lot of action on the thread. Nk just wasnt best for me and many others who posted here. But it works great for some.
    Last I heard you were doing it cyclically with carb ups in between. Are you still doing that?

  9. #2719
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    Paleobird, I couldn't agree more with almost everything you wrote!

    My n=1 is that my last 5ish lbs are finally coming off painlessly with NK after trying calorie restriction, IF, ADF, etc.

    I think I am just very carb sensitive. Given that my first food was watered-down sweetened condensed milk (!) I am not surprised that I have a messed-up metabolism.

    Though perhaps I don't qualify as super lean? ~128 lbs at 5'6", small frame (I don't weigh myself very often--no scale!) 35.5-26-35.5 right now. I weighed 118 in high school, but I've put on a little more muscle since then, so 122 seems reasonable.

    I think that dropping my protein amount is making all the difference for me. Though I am not counting calories, I know they are pretty low, atm.

    I should have really nice abs in a month or so...

  10. #2720
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was mostly referring to our buddies "the dude bros" who are young with never damaged metabolisms and single digit BF% who work out like fiends and wonder why they don't feel so great trying to do ketosis and then go around bad mouthing it for everyone else. Along with them are a few anorexic females who are disappointed that they can't get from size one to size zero jeans.

    For you and me (who actually have some weight to lose but are reasonable about our goals) it works great.

    Sweetened condensed milk!?! I wonder what the statute of limitations is on child abuse. Urg.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •