Page 270 of 282 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 270

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Marissa, make sure your sodium intake is high enough. It needs to be around 5000mg / day. Adding magnesium and potassium supplements can also help.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Lauri is offline Junior Member
    I've been a lurker for a while, just found this thread and really wish I'd found it sooner. I've been doing NK for several months and it is what works for me. It's been nice to see that I'm not alone in

1. Not being able to eat fruit - an occasional half of a greenish banana or some berries, but any more and I am tearing the house apart looking for nonexistant gummy bears.

2. Realizing that buttering all foods is ok. When I started following a primal plan in early 2012, I hid how much fat I was consuming because I would find myself looking at, say...a piece of streaky ham and wondering if it would be better with butter (Yes. Yes, it is) and most people I encounter are still fat-phobic.

I have some legitimate food allergies and intolerances. I'm allergic to soy, and by extension to eggs and poultry. Coconut and tree nuts make me bloat and avocados make me itchy. I can eat half an avocado, wait a week or so and eat something with a few ounces of coconut or almonds, again wait a couple of weeks, have some more of either. Really, there is plenty to eat without any of the above

I am post menopausal, had a complete hysterectomy in my 30s and never took hormones. The weight loss has been incredibly slow, but it does seem to happen when I am better able to stick to days of 75%+ fat.

Anyway, it's been fun reading of all y'all's meals and success.

Welcome Lauri!

I am the original poster of this thread and try to encourage people if they are trying NK. It taught me a lot about my body's needs and how it reacts to certain foods. It did help me see why I binge, but did not stabalize my mood enough to stop them.

I am currently not doing NK, but regular Primal for weightloss. (75-100g carb, .7 g protein for lbs of LBM and 60% fat. In case anyone is interested.)

Even so, please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Marissa, make sure your sodium intake is high enough. It needs to be around 5000mg / day. Adding magnesium and potassium supplements can also help.
    I will work on that, thank you.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    12 days marissa. Awesome. Try Himalayan Salt...I just discovered Costco carries it and it's cheaper than anywhere I've looked for it. Love costco.

I realized how valuable salt is and was during ketosis. One day when I felt a headache coming on, I added salt to a cup of water, and within a few minutes my headache was gone. I was amazed and realized salt with broth is mandatory.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    I've been a lurker for a while,

I have some legitimate food allergies and intolerances. I'm allergic to soy, and by extension to eggs and poultry. Coconut and tree nuts make me bloat and avocados make me itchy. I can eat half an avocado, wait a week or so and eat something with a few ounces of coconut or almonds, again wait a couple of weeks, have some more of either.

Anyway, it's been fun reading of all y'all's meals and success.
    Hello, I have a question about your Food allergies. Why do you say eggs and poultry by extension to soy? I was blood tested an am allergic to beef, eggs and oranges. Would that make me sensitive to other things as well? I am doing a Whole30 and avoiding the beef, eggs and oranges as well as nightshades because of Rheumatoid Arthritis ( in remission). Now you have me very curious. It's been 20 years since I was tested and my doctor changed several times so I can't ask him about the tests.

Thanks!!

Hey Gang, Back to Keto today. I am planning a cylical program of 2 weeks NK, 2 weeks higher carb (75-100g). Hopefully, this will maximize weightloss while helping me control bingeing during my period.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Dare I even say.....I'm feeling really good tonight. Like, really great! Energy is good, energy has been fairly level all day with a small dip this afternoon, but got through it fine. Haven't been eating breakfast the last couple days and I think I actually feel better without it. Is that weird to not want breakfast? Should I force myself to eat it anyway or just go with the flow?

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Dare I even say.....I'm feeling really good tonight. Like, really great! Energy is good, energy has been fairly level all day with a small dip this afternoon, but got through it fine. Haven't been eating breakfast the last couple days and I think I actually feel better without it. Is that weird to not want breakfast? Should I force myself to eat it anyway or just go with the flow?
    Awesome Marissa...you're in it. I would go with the flow if I were you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Awesome Marissa...you're in it. I would go with the flow if I were you.
    Yeah, I think I will. No point in forcing myself to eat something when I'm just not hungry. That's the advice I always give on this forum, I might as well take it, lol!!