Page 268 of 281 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 268

Red
    Red is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    can you please tell me what your current macro %'s are, and when you reduced your fat intake did you increase your protein intake to compensate for the loss in calories from fat? Also, can you please update your progress next week? Are you also measuring yourself.

Congrats on the total weight loss as well. that is a great accomplishment in itself. IDK, but when I see your pic I see a beautiful, vibrant woman. i say focus less on the mirror and more on measurements.
    Hi dob --
    Thanks for the kind words! It really cheered me up during this rough week (work stress - ugh!).

To answer your questions...My current macros are:
    ~Current weight - 154 (ok gained back 1#
    ~Goal weight - 140 (really 145 but...)
    ~Goal weight in KG = 70
    Protein = 70 kg
    Carbs = 35 g
    Fat = 140 g
    But then using MFP - I adjusted it to:
    Calories a day = 1400
    Carbs = 35g max
    Protein = 53 max
    Fat = 117 max

This would equal 0.9 lbs loss per week. Which is OK with me.

I gained back 1# this morning. Typical for me to have scale swing up down. The irony is that i lost weight eating well (big splurge on paleo pancakes, whipped cream & fresh berries with bacon and later wine at dinner) and then gained when eating "lighter" and no wine...although numbers wise not much difference.

No am not measuring myself. No bandwidth for that kind of micromanagement. I use my newly purchased jeans as a guideline. I was wearing size 14-16. Bought a slew of new size 10s and one (yippee) size 8. I use the size 8s to monitor how i'm doing.

But really i was so please that i halted the scale creep up that was occuring over the past weeks - reversed it down to where I ended the HCG diet. So that puts me back to square one as it were. I want to be able to hold 153ish and then creep it down to goal weight. While learning to eat. And not eat -more importantly. Not over eat. Not eat when not hungry. Not emotionally eat.

Thanks again for the sweet words.
    Laela

Red
    and yes I'll keep my progress updated.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Red, sounds like you are on the right track. Your goals are similar to mine, I am just eating a bit more calories so my macros are a bit different. You can do this, you'll rock it!

Hi all, day 7 here. Feeling a bit better than I was yesterday, even with a very light cardio workout (slightly higher intensity than walking at a fast pace) so that makes me happy. Feeling like I might finally be starting to get adjusted. Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Good morning all, how is everyone doing today?? I hope well.

I took measurements this morning.....I just couldn't help myself, lol!!! I wanted to know how it has compared to before. So anyway, here's what I got after 8 days VLC (this is in inches):

Neck down .25
    chest down 1
    R arm down .5
    L arm down .25
    Waist down .75
    Love handles down 1.25
    Hips down 1
    Saddlebags down .75
    R thigh down .5
    L thigh down .5

Overall I'm quite pleased. I will measure again in 2 weeks.

Red
    Wow MarissaLinnnea!

That is so impressive--congratulations!!

You inspire me to want to measure myself...

I have cracked the cardio or gym workouts yet--that is definitely the missing puzzle piece. I definitely to get on that. Although it was lovely to ride bikes with kids to school this morning. Leisurely for sure, but still i was out there moving my legs.

Oh and I am down again this morn - 1# - (the same 1# i was up yesterday). BUt that feels nice. I am wondering how long i"ll hover/wobble at 153 before breaking through? I'm feeling good - positive - and in part to the encouragement on here over the past 2 weeks.

Happy Hump (WED) Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Wow MarissaLinnnea!

That is so impressive--congratulations!!

You inspire me to want to measure myself...

I have cracked the cardio or gym workouts yet--that is definitely the missing puzzle piece. I definitely to get on that. Although it was lovely to ride bikes with kids to school this morning. Leisurely for sure, but still i was out there moving my legs.

Oh and I am down again this morn - 1# - (the same 1# i was up yesterday). BUt that feels nice. I am wondering how long i"ll hover/wobble at 153 before breaking through? I'm feeling good - positive - and in part to the encouragement on here over the past 2 weeks.

Happy Hump (WED) Day!
    Thanks girly!!! Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. Congrats on losing a pound, that's awesome!!!!

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, I need your help for another poster, whose user name is Egyptian Grok. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for him. Can someone provide some advice? The link to the thread is http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83999.html and wrote the following: "guys i finally entered ketosis yest i was at a pink color today im at light purple, recently i started my preseason(i think thats wat they call it in English ) so im doing alot of endurance work. while im working out i feel a burning feeling in between my stomach and lungs and also in the lower part of stomach u could say my abdomen burns< have any of u experienced this,? is it due to ketosis or is it bec of the endurance work , or a combination?( my running endurance is pretty bad, bad vo2 max) "

Thanks

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Hi dob --
    Thanks for the kind words! It really cheered me up during this rough week (work stress - ugh!).

To answer your questions...My current macros are:
    ~Current weight - 154 (ok gained back 1#
    ~Goal weight - 140 (really 145 but...)
    ~Goal weight in KG = 70
    Protein = 70 kg
    Carbs = 35 g
    Fat = 140 g
    But then using MFP - I adjusted it to:
    Calories a day = 1400
    Carbs = 35g max
    Protein = 53 max
    Fat = 117 max

This would equal 0.9 lbs loss per week. Which is OK with me.

I gained back 1# this morning. Typical for me to have scale swing up down. The irony is that i lost weight eating well (big splurge on paleo pancakes, whipped cream & fresh berries with bacon and later wine at dinner) and then gained when eating "lighter" and no wine...although numbers wise not much difference.

No am not measuring myself. No bandwidth for that kind of micromanagement. I use my newly purchased jeans as a guideline. I was wearing size 14-16. Bought a slew of new size 10s and one (yippee) size 8. I use the size 8s to monitor how i'm doing.

But really i was so please that i halted the scale creep up that was occuring over the past weeks - reversed it down to where I ended the HCG diet. So that puts me back to square one as it were. I want to be able to hold 153ish and then creep it down to goal weight. While learning to eat. And not eat -more importantly. Not over eat. Not eat when not hungry. Not emotionally eat.

Thanks again for the sweet words.
    Laela
    You're welcome. I'm always wondering if I were to modify how quickly I'll be able to adapt. And since you modified, I wanted to see how things were going and what you modified. I see that you reduced your total caloric intake and kept your macros at the same level. Let's see if calories make a difference. I think dkjames suggested to reduce your calories and reduce your fat intake, so that the stored fat is used for energy instead of the ingested fats. But I like your strategy, change one thing at a time to determine if that modification works and adjust again if not. I think fine tuning this WOE for weight/fat loss is the key.

Congrats on the total loss. Amazing!!! As long as you can keep buying a size smaller over time, that all that really matters.

Isn't our weight always swinging anyways? I'm 3-5lbs heavier by the time I go to sleep everyday. It could also be the clothes weighed yourself in.

Appreciate you sharing. I can learn something from everyone here, even though every person's experience will be there own. It still very helpful. And definitely eep us posted and Thanks.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Good morning all, how is everyone doing today?? I hope well.

I took measurements this morning.....I just couldn't help myself, lol!!! I wanted to know how it has compared to before. So anyway, here's what I got after 8 days VLC (this is in inches):

Neck down .25
    chest down 1
    R arm down .5
    L arm down .25
    Waist down .75
    Love handles down 1.25
    Hips down 1
    Saddlebags down .75
    R thigh down .5
    L thigh down .5

Overall I'm quite pleased. I will measure again in 2 weeks.
    Awesome!!! Keep it going