Page 261 of 282 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 261

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    gosh if I could just hold steady on the eating plan for 3 months I might see a pattern
    This is most definite the truth. I'm hoping that by the end of the month, I can be back on board with this by the end of the month. I start a new job that day so hopefully this will relieve my stress.
    Georgette

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome SugarFreeLife!! Yes, my appetite was sort of raging the first week, but it normalized a bit after that. My appetite suppression after that first week really kicked in and it was a lot easier to restrict what needed to be restricted.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Sugar Free Life! Eat as much protein and fat as you need to get solidly on the program, then tighten things up when you are ready.

Red
    Red is offline Junior Member
    Hi all! Hope it's not too late to join(leap) in!!

I'm new to EMF and am thinking as a post leptin reset / post hcg diet that LCHF would be a great landing platform. I still have 10-15 lbs to go. I've slowly weaned myself onto primal and off of grain&suagr over 2 years.

Naturally this all started when I suffered acute adrenal fatigue meltdown. Docs tried to prescribe antidepressants. I said: I'm here because I have no energy, no sex drive, and am overweight and can't loose even when triathaloning - and you want me to go on anti-dep Rx that will have the side affect of weight gain, depressed sex drive and maybe a wee bit more energy??? No wont do it. And I went off on my own quest to heal thyself. And like the rest of us here found primal. My energy is still not 100% and libido still weak. But mental fog is gone and now I'm starting to connect dots on fats. (You won't be surprised to learn I was a 22 yr vegetarian).

Well tmi but just felt compelled to dish my history. I didn't find the leptin reset miraculous but can't say it was a failure either. Just need to tweak the components. Like less protein- which is what intrigues me about trying EMF/LCHF with the strict guidelines.

I'm 5-6in // 155lbs.
    Goal wt I kg=70
    Protein = 70 g
    Carbs= 35 g
    Fat= 175g or 245g??????? It's where I'm confused. What sounds right to start with?
    BMR- 1427 so my calories should be 1712-sedentary or 1962 light activity.

If that is off or miscalculated I'd greatly appreciate some helpful hints.
    (On leptin reset I hit 118g fat // 110 G protein // 45 g carb as a sample day. After 8 weeks of leptin no weight loss but weight fluctuations -/+ 5 lbs. annoyingly.

Ok thanks all!!! Cheers for all,
    Laela (Red)

Oops, today I went to poweryoga back therapy class and in the last third I almost fainted and my muscles didn't obey me. I mean, this is really easy yoga workout that I'd normally do without any problem.

Do you adjust meals any way according to workouts? Or is it carb flu and I shouldn't worry?
    Thanks.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Are you drinking enough? Doing the bouillon? Eating up to the calorie limits?

Again Pebbles does some pretty significant work outs, so she should be able to chime in here. Mine are never taxing enough to make any kind of difference.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like low sodium. Drink the bouillon! You need 5000mg sodium per day.

I had the bone broth soup for lunch and salty pork rinds for snack. Other than that I don't use much salt, that's true. I'll add a cup of broth for breakfast too and I'll see. Thank you very much!

demuralist - yes, I'm drinking enough (finally, I had problems with it) and eating too (slightly above limit)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    if you are making your own bone broth, it may not be enough salt. 5000mg is a lot, and it makes a huge difference! I add a bouillon cube to my cup of bone broth.

I'll look for some organic bouillon cubes without weird ingredients, hope that I'll find something