Page 260 of 282 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 260

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome from me too Christina! I am still following EMF, but am also doing the altnernate day fasting. I cannot believe you read all 259 pages! Great job. And, fantastic that you are already seeing results! I lost a little bit in the beginning of EMF, but didn't really see a steady loss, so decided to try the "fasting" along with it. I LOVE the EMF plan, so intend to continue that for a while no matter what, I just needed a way to get my overall calories down.

MKS...wish I could help the the TOM question. My TOM was surgical taken away in 2001, and since then I've gone into menopause, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Welcome Christina! This thread has slowed down considerably since it started, but I am pretty sure most are still doing some version of EMF. I have started a near fast on M-W-F, as straight EMF did not produce results for me. And for reasons beyond my comprehension, I cannot get those ketostix to change color, (nor have I gotten a blood ketone reading) so good job on the deep purple as well as the weight loss.
    Remind me again what your numbers are? I didn't realize you weren't seeing any ketones on the blood monitor either. I'm curious if you don't mind....

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ee, um, which numbers? I have actually loosened up a bit since April 1st, where I started to seriously do the JUDDD (well actually it is a 4:3 as I do M-W-F at or below 500 calories). But we are friends on MFP, you can go back pretty far there. I was never very strict EMF, well I tried, but fell off every 4th day or so. So I probably didn;t keep it up long enough to show ketones.

although I have been using that calculation that someone posted for Ketogenic Ratio (whatever that means) and if you are above a 1 you should show ketones, and I have been above 1.5 to 2.5 since I have been doing it and still nothing. However, I am thinking I will take another blood ketone on Saturday. That will be after a week of compliance and a very low calorie day. And we shall see what it says!

Stina1115 is offline Member
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I cannot believe you read all 259 pages!
    That's what work is for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stina1115 View Post
    That's what work is for, right?
    LOL! Exactly, or I wouldn't have seen YOUR post, lol!!!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    219.7 How can I be so giddy about .6 of a pound? Also lost 1.5 inches. That is a weight I have not seen in a year. Less than 10 from Primal low! I have lost a total of 28 lbs since Jan 1st.

My program seems to have solidified into 1200-1700 cals with one day up to my TDEE of 2400. LCHF carbs under 20g, Protein 50-75g on most days. Fat 75%. The amino acids and the menopause supplement have worked amazingly well to keep me from bingeing and help me sleep better.

A note on bingeing: every time I binge, It takes a week to get back down to my low weight and then another week to show new progress. I hope I can remember that next time. 12 days clean.

Have a great day!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Almost to the point where you will be losing 'fresh' weight. Go, Pebbles, go!

Congratulations Pebbles! I get giddy over .2 pounds, lol.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Paula, it takes me that long as well. While I love vacations, I always know that getting off the 2-3 additional pounds will be time consuming. My goal is to be true to plan during events like business trips and vacations. I do much better preparing all of my own food.

Congratulations on your progress!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome SugarfreeLife! I think it took most of us a good week or so to get our appetites and numbers in order. Remember that a cup of hot bouillon or salty broth will help alleviate any symptoms you get from going low carb. Many of us resisted that but in the end were glad we added it.