Page 259 of 282 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 259

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My carbs have been a tick over 50 this week, but my percentages is only 11% for the first 3 days this week. Fat is at 67% and protein is at 22% for the week. I wonder if I'll still get into ketosis being above 50 with all this heavy lifting I've started doing. Can't help but want to pee on a stick to see what it reads. Might do that later today. If I could remain in ketosis while eating a sweet potato every day, I'd be very happy.

Started the week at 190.something. Today I was one 187.2. Only 1 lb above where I was before my sugar and wheat binge this weekend. Glad the weight is coming off so quickly this time around. Wish I could get back down to 184 though. This is why I have switched gears from VLC and cardio to VLC and HEAVY LIFTING! LOVE my heavy lifting!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning,

Saturday report: I am back down to my LCHF low after Easter vaca binge fest. Interestingly, my BF% is lower than on 3/22 and I lost more inches in waist and hips. Macros approximately 1700cals 8%carb (35g) 13% protein (60-70g), 75%fat (140g). I am 5'10" and exercise daily, 3 days heavily.

In defense of the optimal diet macros in the first post As the OP on this thread, I feel the need to tell you that that formula does work. I have lost 27lbs since January (Not counting the pounds I have relost after binges). Many EMF participants have begun to use intermittent fasting or super low calorie alternate days to spark weight loss. I and a few others have pretty much stayed on our first page macros. Both systems seem to work, but for me a steady flow of calories daily is essential. This is especially important for me due to my binge eating disorder. BTW my binge days are down to 5 a month rather than 15. Therefore, I am back to losing weight. My point is, try the formula on the first page first and stick with it (faithfully)for at least 4 weeks. Also, make sure that your calories are coming from solid food as much as possible. Protein shakes and bullet proof coffees are nice once in a while, but should not make up a large percentage of your calories.

Julia Ross' Diet Cure Due to the fact that I still have binge issues, I decided to work on adding supplements recommended in her book.

I am now taking 3 doses of 1000mg l-glutamine for sugar cravings
    2 doses of 500mg l-tyrosine for energy
    2 doses of 500 mg of l phenylalinine for low endorphins
    1 100mg dose of 5htp derived from l- tryptophan for anxiety and sleep issues

Also on her recommendation, I am taking 200mg of chromium picolinate for blood sugar issues and a combo of herbs for women in perimenopause.

I have had few cravings to binge this week, but I'll have to give it more time to tell if these supplements are really making a difference. My longest stretch without a binge on LCHF was 25 days. I am only 5 days clean at this point.

Have a great week!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-06-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Paula, those are amazing stats!!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree with Pebbles, the first order of attack should be straight Primal, then if that doesn't show fat loss, shift to the Optimal equation on the first post. The body needs at least 4 weeks on one plan to allow it to work, be patient.

Unfortunately for me, neither of these worked for me. I am still keeping close to my percentages though (70/20/10-f/p/c) as I do think that the higher fat is the answer for satiety.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm noticing a pattern in my weight fluctuations......... could use some input (I'll post this on some other threads as well). I am finding after a day of higher carbs.......... (80-120 grams) my weight is lower. Example: Yesterday I had 120 carbs and today my weight is down 3.2 pounds from yesterday morning. The day before that I was really high on carbs - about 200 and my weight was down a pound from the day before.

I'm thinking I might be needing higher carbs in order to let go of the water weight. Now I'm NOT saying I need to eat higher carb to lose FAT............ I'm just saying I'm noticing that the water weight lets go after a higher carb day. So what I'm thinking is that when I notice a jump in weight over night - if I have a higher carb day it might just let it go I'm going to do a bit more tracking in this and see if my theory pans out.

Anyway - yesterday I weighed 185.2 and today I'm 182. Yesterday I ate a sweet potato and ice cream............ go figure.

Any opinions?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Just bringing us back into the first few pages really but, I did have a thought....

Have any of you noticed a correlation between your cycle days and the days of the month you lose weight? I'm thinking I'd like to get some statistical documentation on myself in that regard. I seem to hold steady or gain and then all of a sudden have a week where I drop 2 lbs. Then I gain a little the next week, level out, etc. I've noticed it for about 2 months. It's just interesting.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT week!

gosh if I could just hold steady on the eating plan for 3 months I might see a pattern

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    gosh if I could just hold steady on the eating plan for 3 months I might see a pattern
    Isn't that the truth? :-)

Stina1115 is offline Member
    Hi, all! I just wanted to introduce myself, since I found this thread and started EMF a couple weeks ago - that's how long it took me to read through ALL the pages in this thread, lol! I pretty much stop by every day to lurk, but didn't feel right about posting until I felt caught up on everything.

I'm 28 yo, 5'8", 177 (last time I weighed, which was Friday), goal weight ~145 - 150
    The macros I've been aiming for are:
    F - 151
    P - 63
    C - 21
    Cals - 1700

My ketostix turned dark purple the 3-4 times I tested last week, and I also have a blood meter (the one demuralist posted, thanks!) that should be arriving any day now. Been out of town since Sunday, so I haven't had a chance to test for ketones or weigh this week. Since I started, I've lost 5 lbs to get back down to my Primal low (some water weight, some that I gained back during Easter, blah), so that's been encouraging.

Just wanted to say thanks to Pebbles for starting this thread, and all you other encouraging and supportive ladies (and I did see a few gentlemen as well, so don't want to leave you out)! I've enjoyed following everyone's progress, and getting ideas from various N=1 experiments. Keep up the good work!

Christina

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome Christina! This thread has slowed down considerably since it started, but I am pretty sure most are still doing some version of EMF. I have started a near fast on M-W-F, as straight EMF did not produce results for me. And for reasons beyond my comprehension, I cannot get those ketostix to change color, (nor have I gotten a blood ketone reading) so good job on the deep purple as well as the weight loss.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.