Page 257 of 281 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 257

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You know, I was thinking about taking a break from the NK after a weekend of debauchery, but after coming back in here and seeing the posts, I've decided I'll get back to it. I can still enjoy strawberries and heavy cream on NK as long as I limit my strawberries to an appropriate portion.

Thanks for unintentionally encouraging me to get back to it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    good choice, Jenn

Paula! good to see you are doing so well.

My weekend was a mess foodwise. Cheesecake........... Rum............... Food was otherwise good and in good portions - but the cheesecake and rum totally derailed me.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I binged a lot all weekend. Between my own job woes and now my husband's, I'm just barely making it through the day. I've decided I'm doing more of a low carb diet than NK. I'm increasing protein a bit, lowering fat a bit and keeping carbs the same. I'm hoping this works for me. I'm eating clean for 4 days a week and and eating like hell is freezing over for 3 just isn't cutting it.
    Georgette

JUDDD is hard......... but I'm going to do it for a bit and see what happens. I saw someone was doing M-W-F down days, the other days normal. I'm gonna see if this will work for me. I did good over the weekend - if you ignore the cheesecake and rum

I had lunch with a friend the other who works with doctor selling that HCG stuff. She was trying to "sell" me. I admit it was tempting. but not tempting enough. I've done the lose weight FAST crap - it doesn't stick, and you lose all muscle mass!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You know, I was thinking about taking a break from the NK after a weekend of debauchery, but after coming back in here and seeing the posts, I've decided I'll get back to it. I can still enjoy strawberries and heavy cream on NK as long as I limit my strawberries to an appropriate portion.

Thanks for unintentionally encouraging me to get back to it.
    Of course you can have berries. I just don't eat them right now to minimize sweet things due to the binge issue, but some day (cue violins) I will add them back in. I also plan to add HWC back in after 2 clean weeks without dairy. By then I should be able to tell if HWC is okay for me.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

Now that I have perfected my LCHF N=1, I am trying to read fewer threads on MDA because they just confuse issues for me and make me want to tweak things that do not need tweaking.

Good luck to those of you still following this protocol with me.
    Friday was dead on MDA. I was hoping everyone was just taking a weekend break. :-)

I too have found that it's easy to read the other MDA threads and start second guessing or wanting to tweak even more. I think I've also figured out what works for me for right now and it's awfully close to what you're doing (I'm doing HWC and some cream cheese though).

On Saturday morning I jogged then had to go right to a photo session. I didn't end up eating until around 2:00 and decided to check my blood ketones. 2.6!! That's the highest they've ever been but I had been IF for about 19 or 20 hours unintentionally at that point. Then I ate protein, followed by protein, followed by more protein with little fat and ruined it. Still interesting information though. My focus this week will be on getting back to my solid protein numbers making sure I have enough fat. I also plan to try to figure out what causes me to have digestion issues (not enough fat I guess?). I did a cleanse about a week ago and when I stopped, everything stopped. :-(

I also tend to gravitate to whatever everyone else is doing. Like right now........... still doing the EMF protocol - but I'm combining it with the ADF protocol. So I'm eating more fat but only on my UP days!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    calee, here is a typical day.

Protein 4 times a day. My snacks are macadamias or pork rinds both of which have protein fat and carb. Most meals are 3-4oz p

Breakfast
    protein is 2 eggs, applegate sausage or bacon
    veg (carb)-peppers and onion mix
    fat-1 Tbsp Coco Oil and 2 Tbsp Coco Milk in coffee, 1 tbsp butter for cooking, 1 Tbsp mayo with eggs

Lunch
    protein-tuna, lunch meat (hormel naturals), chicken or other left over dinner.
    veg-1/2 cup broccoli and cauliflower mix or something similar
    fat-2 tbsp mayo (tuna), 1 tbsp butter

2:30pm Snack see above

Dinner
    3-4 oz Meat, veg with butter or salad with OO, vinegar and avocado
    Thanks! Looks very yummy. I'm so glad it's working for you!

sandybeaches is offline Junior Member
    I am trying to lose my last 20 pounds. have done primal/paleo fairly consistently over the last 2 years. Am stuck with weight loss and I saw this thread about ketogenic diet. Im confused about how many cals I should have (either 1200 or 1500). And protein for me sounds low. Also can someone tell me what N=1 and NK are?

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    The two calorie amounts are probably a range, so low end 1200 and high end 1500. N=1 is a shortcut way of saying a personal experiment. I am cutting out caffeine this week as a personal experiment, so I might call that an N=1. NK stands for nutritional ketosis.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter