Page 256 of 282 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 256

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is "Johnson's Up Day Down Day" protocol. Basically do some version of very low calorie or fasting and alternate that with higher calorie days. His web site has a calculator to figure out the high and low calories if you are interested.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sabine has started two JUDDD threads if you are interested in the program.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Oh - I can't tell you how many times I have done this! - ended up with too much of something because I was trying to dilute it!!
    Here is some advice on the egg whites if it's not too late:

Thanks for this. Demuralist already mentioned it & they are now safely in the freezer waiting for the day the dog need his breakfast & I don’t have any eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Ok, I want to pass on a tip I just learned - don't freeze HWC!
    As you may know, I have an issue with fresh cream. It is a trigger food for me. I find that if I freeze it the resulting HCWC is drinkable, I get the fat calories down but it’s no longer as nice, so not such a trigger food.

PS: I freeze it in ice cube trays then suck on one in the summer if I crave some ice cream. For me it makes an acceptable alternative as I don’t use any form of sugar or sugar substitute

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to mention that it happened again. Last night I came home and was feeling like I wanted to eat something even though I was not hungry. After the third trip to the hazelnut package and feeling full ( I HATE feeling like I over ate) I decided to drink some salt water since I realized I was looking for something salty to eat. Even before I finished the 6 ounce glass my craving to eat had evaporated. I don't know if it's psychological or driven by a need for sodium but it's worked twice in two weeks. The downside is my weight is up another two pounds this am but it's water weight so I hope it drops off in a day or so.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    How much salt in that glass of water?

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I knew someone would ask. I didn't measure. I am guessing about a gram of kosher real salt.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Over the last few months I have added a number of BMR calculators here. None of which I think are particularly accurate but all are good fun (note to newbies - I am NOT a fan of using calculated BMR but YMMV). I wasn't going to post any more until I found this:

John's BMR Calculator

Its so good I just had to share.

Just checking in...I was away on Friday. Since hitting my low weight on Fri 3/22, TTOM interfered with some attached binging. I have stopped tracking and am just eating 2-4 oz of protein with fat and 1/2 cup of veg at some meals. I am still off dairy and sweeteners. My calories are probably around 1600, my BMR. Protein between 60 and 70 grams, Carbs 25g, fat 75-80%.

The tracking was starting to make me crazy and I think that I hit the jackpot on my last experiment which is listed above and what I will follow from now on.

I have added some amino acids based on the recommendations of Julia Ross in her book "The Diet Cure". I will report in again next Saturday and talk more about the aminos.

Now that I have perfected my LCHF N=1, I am trying to read fewer threads on MDA because they just confuse issues for me and make me want to tweak things that do not need tweaking.

Good luck to those of you still following this protocol with me.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you found your good spot for weight loss. May I ask a few questions?

Howvmany times a day are you having your 2-4 oz of protein? What sort, and how much fat are you adding?

I'm eating that amount of protein 3x a day but have been having lower fat and can't seem to budge the scale. I'm trying that after initially gaining with more fat. I'm having a similar amount of veggies, but still have so dairy in the form of plain greek yogurt. Maybe I need to give that up.

calee, here is a typical day.

Protein 4 times a day. My snacks are macadamias or pork rinds both of which have protein fat and carb. Most meals are 3-4oz p

Breakfast
    protein is 2 eggs, applegate sausage or bacon
    veg (carb)-peppers and onion mix
    fat-1 Tbsp Coco Oil and 2 Tbsp Coco Milk in coffee, 1 tbsp butter for cooking, 1 Tbsp mayo with eggs

Lunch
    protein-tuna, lunch meat (hormel naturals), chicken or other left over dinner.
    veg-1/2 cup broccoli and cauliflower mix or something similar
    fat-2 tbsp mayo (tuna), 1 tbsp butter

2:30pm Snack see above

Dinner
    3-4 oz Meat, veg with butter or salad with OO, vinegar and avocado
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-01-2013 at 09:19 AM.