Page 255 of 282 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 255

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ^ that ---- take care of yourself. Stress can cause all kinds of issues so theres no need to make things worse with diet stressors! Just eat a good primal diet until things gets worked out the job department.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Salina13 is offline Member
    Started keto last monday and weighed in on friday with 4 pounds lost. I'm doing 70-20-10 split and that seems to be sustainable for me. My goal is to lose 20 lbs total doing keto than slowly introduce some carbs back in but still keep somewhat low carb while I use some of Marks recommended workouts to strengthen my muscles.
    I've never eaten a huge variety of foods so some days can be a challenge if I'm not home all day. I keep almonds with me and use the high fat coconut milk that comes in the cans for coffee. I'm lactose intolerant and don't like the taste of sweeteners so neither of those are in my diet.
    A small amount of frozen berries in a daily smoothie and veggies are where I get my carbs from.
    Today I turned down going to a pizza place with my visiting family. Its just being cruel to myself to sit and watch others eating my favorite food while I have salad!
    Its just easier to completely avoid situations that will put me close to my favorite foods. I don't have the control yet to not binge if something is in front of me!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Great job Salina!!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all. Checking in. My first 21 days have gone well. I coupled NK with a 21 Day Sugar Detox. I lost 10 lbs. Pleased. Planning to continue with the NK, but not the detox. Those sugar free fat bombs were not the most enjoyable. Added a bit of honey to my coconut chocolates (made with 8 tbsp coconut oil, 8 tbsp butter, 8 tbsp almond butter (this is where they got gross b/c I didn't notice the almond butter was salted), 2 oz pecans and 1 cup coconut) and now they're delicious. I added 2 tbsp to 16 chunks of chocolate. Just enough sweet to drown the salty flavor. Mama is happy with it. Macro breakdown looks like this: 89/11/3 (F/C/P). Not bad... the 1 cup of coconut I think is what did in the carb count in, but it's worth it.

Weight was a touch into the 184's today... hoping to still be in 184 tomorrow (or a bit lower, if possible).

It's supposed to be Shark Week, but I think I have been taking too much Vitex and now the signs of Shark Week are present, but the sharks aren't doing any killing... they're just circling and threatening... Was told too much vitex could do this... But, I was also told that it would take a month to notice if the decrease helps, so there's that... In the meantime, hoping for some more loss as a result of hormone shift from the Shark Week that's not a real Shark Week...

Seems like most everyone is having a bit of success so kudos to you all!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Wow, Jenn...great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I tried making my own mayo for the first time today. Although the bought mayo I use contains no sugar & all natural ingredients, it does contain sunflower oil & I wanted to switch to olive oil & CO as Iíve been using a lot just lately.
    Seems easy enough (I am no cook): 2 egg yolks, 1 tsp mustard, Ĺ cup light olive oil, 1.2 cup CO, some ACV.
    Well the first batch went ok until I came to add the ACV. Not knowing how much, I added ľ cup (thinking it was 1/8). The result was not good.
    So I thought I would just make some more & add it in to dilute the ACV. 12 eggs & 2hrs later I finally got there. I now have 6 jars of mayo in the fridge & I learnt 2 things: donít use the CO when trying to emulsify & donít use too much vinegar lol
    PS what does one do with 14 egg whites? I usually give them to the dog but even he can't eat that many
    Oh - I can't tell you how many times I have done this! - ended up with too much of something because I was trying to dilute it!!
    Here is some advice on the egg whites if it's not too late:
    Copied this from a cooking website
    "Egg whites freeze brilliantly, keep forever, and are as good thawed as they were fresh. We keep one container in our freezer and add new whites to the top. If we remember to mark how many whites we've added, it's easy to tell when we have enough for a favorite recipe. We've also heard of people freezing one or two egg whites in ice cube trays, which comes in handy when only a few are needed in a recipe." (my experience: If you use an ice cube try, the tops of the whites will dry out over time, better to cover it or pop them out and keep in a baggie. Also, they may stick in the tray, but you can't grease the tray or they won't whip...)

Ok, I want to pass on a tip I just learned - don't freeze HWC! I had too much and thought either it will spoil or I could risk ruining it by freezing it. I had read that the texture would change - well, yes, it does. It gets grainy. You can still add it to coffee, but it just isn't the same. Better to use more of it while it's fresh!
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Wow, Jenn...great job!!
    I second this! Very good news!
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Hi all! I had an up calorie day on Sunday, and wow am I having a hard time yesterday and today to get back into the swing of things! Maybe giving a day off is not such a good idea after all! I am down another 1.3 lbs, for a total of 7 so far. Not too bad! Pretty soon will be back into the 'feeling good' zone, and soon the 'feeling great' zone.

My GI has been a bit of a mess though. I think that trying to eat salad after an 18 hour fast is not such a good idea. I am experimenting with only doing the cooked veggies and meat at lunch, and seeing if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Ok, I want to pass on a tip I just learned - don't freeze HWC! I had too much and thought either it will spoil or I could risk ruining it by freezing it. I had read that the texture would change - well, yes, it does. It gets grainy. You can still add it to coffee, but it just isn't the same. Better to use more of it while it's fresh!
    OMG, I was just wondering if I could freeze HWC! You've saved me from finding out the hard way, lol. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Hi all! I had an up calorie day on Sunday, and wow am I having a hard time yesterday and today to get back into the swing of things! Maybe giving a day off is not such a good idea after all! I am down another 1.3 lbs, for a total of 7 so far. Not too bad! Pretty soon will be back into the 'feeling good' zone, and soon the 'feeling great' zone.

My GI has been a bit of a mess though. I think that trying to eat salad after an 18 hour fast is not such a good idea. I am experimenting with only doing the cooked veggies and meat at lunch, and seeing if that helps.
    I've been following the JUDDD discussion and have been wondering how I would do on it. I'm really interested in reducing inflammation, but I also wondered if I would be able to do the down days. I guess there's no way to know unless I try it. I have fasted before, for religious reasons and for surgeries, etc. and it's doable, I'm just not always happy about it, lol.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry - somewhere I got lost on this conversation........... can you tell me what JUDDD is?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.