Page 253 of 282 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 253

loves walking is offline Member
    Pebbles: Wow you did great this week. It looks like you have finally found what works for you.
    And 27 lbs since 1/1 is wonderful. You should be real proud of yourself.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My clothes still fit well or better than they have in a while.
    Well THIS is definitely nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    I felt myself wanting to eat for no reason yesterday am (probably impending period).
    Yeah, what the heck...me TOO! The last couple of days I felt the same way, though I don't know when my TOM would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Friday Report
    Excellent report!! Six pounds is a lot!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mks8500 is offline Member
    Friday Report

This was the first week of my no dairy, no sweeteners experiment. I kept protein at the 60-70g level, but brought fat back down to 75% from my attempt at 80-85% during the first 2 weeks of March. My calories were lower this week by 2000. Exercise level was the same. I am basically following the Rosedale diet protocol that I reviewed last week.

Macros 75%fat / 20%protein / 5%carb 117g / 65g / 20g around 1400cals (BMR -20%). This is the absolute lowest I will go in calories.

Wt. 220.3 Loss for week -6. Total loss since 1/1 -27.5 I am now within 10 lbs of my lowest Primal wt. Getting excited. The two previous weeks, I lost 2lb and then gained 1lb. I think fat was too high for me. As you can see, a six lb loss cannot only be explained by a 2000 cal drop.

Fasting Blood Sugar - In the 80's all week until the day after I had a protein binge on pork ribs. Wed. Protein total was 147 grams. Thurs. FBS 100. I may do some experiments this week with protein. I find I need more when I exercise heavily. I would like to be able to have some higher protein days (up to 85 grams) if possible.

Ketones - ketostix have always worked great for me. All week they were reading Large until this morning when they turned moderate in reaction to the protein binge. I have seen correlations between FBS and ketones in my own n=1. Jimmy Moore has monthly excel sheets you can compare. Every time FBS is high, ketones go low within a day.

Conclusion: For me dairy and artificial sweeteners do impede weight loss and are not worth it right now. I did not suffer without either of them and had no more urge to binge than the usual. (13 days clean)

This weeks plan: Cont' same macros and calorie level. Some protein experimentation. No sweeteners, no dairy.
    Such great news! So proud for/of you. 13 days clean is excellent too!! Good job!

I'm doing just about the same thing but having some issues getting the calories where they need to be. My weekly average was 74/21/5 for the last 2 weeks but my calorie average was around 1100 which is just too low. So, I'm hitting my macros, but not my calories. Today is 9 weeks for me. 26.3lbs down.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there everyone! Those "one bite and all beats are off" events happen to ALL of us! Thats why we have weight issues - because we have food issues.

I'm very interested in the fact that Primal123 curbed a binge by having a glass of salt water! Wow --- could our NEED TO FEED be as simple as a need for salt?? I'm going to try that next time I'm in that PacMan mode of wanting to eat my way through the kitchen cupboards. Thanks for sharing!

I'm down to 180.4 today! Reaching for 177 (primal low) by March 31.

Stay with it! We're all doing really great!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

...desert creature, Your body may be fine with sweeteners and dairy...
    Hi Pebbles!! I just wanted to say I wasn't copying you on eliminating sweetners and dairy even though we did it at the same time! Really!
    I had been reading other forum entries started by people who were complaining that they were sticking to a Primal lifestyle, but weren't loosing weight. Several people suggested that dairy could be a problem. I really don't think I eat that much dairy: butter, full fat cream cheese, hard cheese, and half & half (I have since switched to organic HWC, and I only use it in coffee). But I thought I'd give it a try, just in case.
    Also, one person posted that they were eating "clean" and listed some of their daily meals. Someone wrote back that it wasn't "clean" because they were drinking a whey protein shake, a manufactured product. That made me think about all the packets of sugar-free "water enhancers" I have in my pantry, and thought perhaps I should give that up and stick to food as natural as possible.
    It's really just a coincidence that we both tried giving up these two at the same time.
    And I think that I'll keep the dairy and the "water enhancers" in my life for now. I've have yet to binge on glasses of grape Crystal Lite.
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

jademonk is offline Junior Member
    That's an exciting peace of news there

Did everyone read today's success story (from a 30 yo named Naomi) on the main MDA page? About the 16th comment down is a question from "Jenny" that asked why she gave up stevia. Naomi's response plus a few comments that follow about sweeteners are interesting considering what we've just been discussing. Clearly we are not in the minority!
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I didn't see that, I'll have to hunt it down. I don't use a lot of Stevia, but I still do use it.

So I made another attempt at a green shake today. Just a couple of broccoli florets, a bunch of spinach, a small piece of cucumber and 3 stevia drops. Couldn't taste the stevia at all. It was very bland so I tried with a little lime juice...still bland. It wasn't horrible though, just bland, lol. I managed to drink the whole thing though, which was my goal. By the end of the glass, I actually decided I liked it even though it was bland, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think we should compile a list of all the various formulas kicking around for how to calculate protein needs. Then people can pick and choose (maybe blend) their own. This can be a confusing topic. These are my numbers just for fun.

Sisson's PB says .7g/lb of Lean body mass (So at 150 and 20% that is 120X.7=84gr)
    Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet says "Ideal" weight in kilos (140lbs=63.5k so 63.5gr) the trick here is how to define "ideal".
    Phinney & Voleck say :according to this table How to Add More Fat to Your Low Carb Diet for Nutritional Ketosis my range as a 5'10" female would be anywhere from 81-169gr
    Rosedale says:Welcome to Dr.Rosedale's Website Ideal weight in kilos-10% so for me 63.5-6.35=57.15gr

PLEASE HELP ME FILL IN ANY OTHERS YOU CAN THINK OF. THANKS.
    Another summary of various protein requirement options (some the same as PB has listed and some different). Daily Protein Requirement

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    The wagon burst into flames so I had to jump off before being incinerated.

That said, it's only once a week and I'm finding I just like a couple of cans
    Coors Light and that's it.

WAY better than a whole bottle of wine.....snort.

And way, WAY better than my early 20's which was a BOTTLE
    of Bacardi a night.... sometimes it would even be Bacardi 151.

Oh my liver must have hated me.....

Good for you for not letting your husband buy any more rum.

I hope he's keeping up his end of the bargain.

MY husband would buy it anyway, and then give me reasons as
    to why we need to cocktail. And anything goes with him:

1.) It's Raining
    2.) There are dust particles falling
    3.) It's end of quarter
    4.) I got a big bonus check
    5.) The cat needs brushing
    6.) I got home an hour early
    7.) The sky is blue
    8.) We are breathing

He is a very, very EVIL MAN.
    OMG - this is hilarious. I kinda love your hubs.

I made it through a Saturday night without any Bourbon. Yay to the me.

I am still reading everything here you guys. My head spins on a daily basis (as someone mentioned earlier). I seem to not be able to handle all the math involved. (you know what I mean)
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158