Page 251 of 282 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 251

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A carb refeed to me just means that I have lost days in ketosis and have to start all over again. Of course, I tend to binge a few times a month anyway so there is my carb refeed. Does it help weightloss? Not for me. It usually takes a week for me to lose the bloat weight.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Georgia! I'm up in the air about the refeed thing. That may be because I really haven't read up on it--just picking things out of various threads I've read.

Carbs still trigger overeating of them for me, so I'd have to be very careful about which ones--they definitely couldn't be sweet (as in fruit or even sweet potatoes, etc.). Once I'm well on my way with this I may try a potatoe or two every few weeks. I don't now. Eventually, once I've lost most of the weight I want to lose, I will definitely add back things like potatoes as a more frequent treat (I think, lol).

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

unloading30 is offline Junior Member
    Just popping in to say hi, yesterday went okay-ish. My cals were low, too low (wasn't hungry), but I did a great work out of running a couple miles and doing P90X Shoulders & Arms workout followed P90X Abs workout. Mr carbs we're a little to high and fat was 66%, if I remember correctly. I also finally went and purchased a decent scale, so I can actually tell if I'm losing weight, yes!

My biggest challenge right now is that I have a trip every week for the next three weeks. This weeks is short and unexpected, but it will be 18+ hours on the road, then we have spring break and a vacation planned through Thursday of next week, then the following week I fly out of state to work a few insanely long days. Agh!!!

I know the first two, I'll be able to eat primal for sure, I've masted that for the most part, or as much possible when eating out. But the third trip is the really tough one, I make this trip every month and the only way I can survive it is by taking protein bars because I don't have time to even eat. Most days I'm lucky to get a bathroom break in a 12-14 hour span, it's truly crazy. The good news is I never go over on calories, lol!

So all that to say, I'm going to do what I can, when I'm home, but I'm not going to go to crazy until these three trips are over. I'm not sure there's anything else I can do but I'm certainly open to suggestions if you have them. I'm trying to think of it as, it's life and I have to adapt when these situations come up. The good news is I will manage my cals and types of foods I eat, the bad news is that my macros won't be in line the way I want for a few weeks.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unloading30 View Post
    I know the first two, I'll be able to eat primal for sure, I've masted that for the most part, or as much possible when eating out. But the third trip is the really tough one, I make this trip every month and the only way I can survive it is by taking protein bars because I don't have time to even eat. Most days I'm lucky to get a bathroom break in a 12-14 hour span, it's truly crazy. The good news is I never go over on calories, lol!
    A big bag of pork rinds and a jar of macadamia nuts.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unloading30 View Post
    My biggest challenge right now is that I have a trip every week for the next three weeks. This weeks is short and unexpected, but it will be 18+ hours on the road, then we have spring break and a vacation planned through Thursday of next week, then the following week I fly out of state to work a few insanely long days. Agh!!!

Boiled eggs!!! You can eat the protein and fat, just the protein (white) or just the fat (yolk).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 18 of the 21 day sugar detox... very near completed. Up two pounds this morning. Suspect faulty sleep as the kids (youngest, anyway) kept disturbing my slumber. Tired today as a result.

Pants are tight. Wondering if it was premature to buy a size 12. They fit fantastically everywhere except the waist. Gotta get rid of this danged belly!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

unloading30 is offline Junior Member
    Yes I LOVE macadamia nuts, I have those ready to go and I keep them in my suitcase, lol! Actually I think I'm a bit of an addict to them, lol! Boiled eggs are a great suggestion, I don't like them but I can make that work over spring break. The third trip I don't have a way to take them or make them. And pork rinds? I can honestly say I've never had them. They kinda repulse me just looking at them, but I've heard they're good. And I try to keep an open mind till I've tried something. I will look at them as it sounds like it might be a good solution!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Porga View Post
    Hi I have been on NK for a month now and following you guys this whole time. I have been low carb paleo since jan 2011 so this not a new concept to me. I have been wondering if there would be any benefit to a carb refeed day to reset your metabolism? Any advice on this would be great!
    It depends on your goals. To get into NK & stay there you need to determine your appropriate protein & carb levels then eat fat for satiety If you are trying to lose weight then eat a bit less fat. So eating extra carbs periodically will just knock you out of NK & will likely bring carb cravings back. But if 1 carb day every so often helps you stay on track & you don't mind being out of NK for a few days then it might be right for you.

PS: As I understand it, metabolism is not dependent on carbs (the body can live without them) but on total calories consumed so you might want to try just upping the fat. This may stall any weight loss, but providing you keep your carb & protein levels as normal you will not lose the benefits of NK

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Hi all! I am back on the wagon again after having a cold for 10 days. Bleck. I reverted to a few comfort foods, but overall did OK and stuck to mainly primal carbs, but was not in ketosis. Now back to the usual morning IF and 2 meals a day, and back into exercise.

I have not stepped on the scale for a week, but I see a difference in my neck, I can see more of the tendons, and my collarbone is more visible. Yay! In the next few days I will jump on again, but not quite up for that yet.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad you are feeling a bit better Unicorn.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter