Page 25 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 25

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I use my fitness pal and enter the recipe and it calculates it great and EASY.
    Where is this on MFP? I have been looking for something like this and haven't found it!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Where is this on MFP? I have been looking for something like this and haven't found it!
    HB - It's a website myfitnesspal.com. It has an accompanying iphone, ipad and android app for those devices also.

Megan

Paleobird Guest
    Hi EMFers!

Just stopping in to say that I highly recommend the website of Dr. Georgia Ede, "Diagnosis Diet". An excellent resource for ketogenic advice.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns, on MFP, look in the track food section and then click on recipes.

I think I just threw myself out of ketosis with 3 small pieces of peppermint mocha bark. And I feel shaky now.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    geo- hmmm.. maybe but not necessarily unless you notice the same symptoms when leaving ketosis..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi EMFers!

Just stopping in to say that I highly recommend the website of Dr. Georgia Ede, "Diagnosis Diet". An excellent resource for ketogenic advice.
    I caught a bit of the crazy post about eating more sugar.. I just could not read that train wreck of misinformation regarding blood sugar, diabetes etc.
    Karin

Paleobird Guest
    I caught a bit of the crazy post about eating more sugar.. I just could not read that train wreck of misinformation regarding blood sugar, diabetes etc.
    You mean that Danny Roddy nonsense? That thread keeps getting brought back from the dead.

Dr. Ede is a very interesting lady. She backs up all her assertions with science. She is where I go t the inspiration that a mainly carnivorous diet was indeed possible and, if well structured, very healthy. She has recently done a series of posts about ketosis and cancer that are well worth a read.

PB.. I like that site. Just reading a few items already I have some insight for my DD ADHD..while I can do some of the cutting sugar from her diet.. she is going to still get it elsewhere. I talked to her about the diet mentioned, she is like, no donuts or soda? No way. She is 10.. but those items are going anyway. The brain research with dopamine is a lot of food for thought.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    first, get an account

My MFP account is the same name as here. In fact, many of ours are. Go to community, look up members and type in the names to friend us

oh.. also, on HERE go to community, groups you will see a LCHF recipe group. Lots of recipes and tips on getting more fat.
    Yeah, today I tried to change my MFP account to Pebbles67, but someone else from Georgia already has that username. So not cool. It is my actual nickname. My Mom's name was Wilma.

EDIT: MFP username changed to MDAPebbles67
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Jan - could also be that you are losing fat where you aren't measuring. Maybe your wrists or ankles or feet or color bone.
    +1 keep a pair of snug pants and try them on it is amazing how loose they can get when no other form of measurement is showing any improvement. My shoes are getting looser!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.