Page 247 of 280 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 247

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Salina13 View Post
    That keto calculator is awesome! Wish I had this a couple of days ago when I was figuring out my numbers!

Just to keep me motivated, can some others tell me their experiences in the first few days of going keto? My husband and I are on day 2 and we both feel REALLY off! Headaches, fuzzy thinking and just general lack of energy. I really want to stick with this for awhile but am worried that we're missing something and shouldn't feel this crappy.
    Just put in your own calculated numbers from the first post and the keto calculator will still give you a weight loss timeline.

You should go out and buy full salt bouillon. I buy cubes because it is pre measured. The powder is fine too, just make sure you measure for the sodium intake you need. Each serving has around 1000mg sodium. The 2000 mg sodium plus adding regular salt to your meals should get you to the requisite 5000mg of sodium recommended for NK.
    Do not pay attention to the scale it will go up for the first few days. You could start with one serving per day and move up to two.

unloading30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    unloading, create a profile on My Fitness Pal and then tell us your username. We will friend you so that you can see our food diaries. Don't be afraid to eat! (I meant to add this to my earlier response post.)
    Thanks, lol sorry trying to figure this all out.......... Here's MFP username: maleah37 I've been on there a while but quit using it, so now I'm back......

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I hear you and feel for you. I quit DC about 3 weeks ago. In fact, I quit ALL caffeine. I have now just taken out AS as well. I want no hindering of weight-loss.
    Have you noticed a difference? I'm trying to slowly limit, to avoid the bad headaches. I thought if I do it over the next 4-5 days it might be easier.

So I've entered what I'm planning to eat the rest of today and I need to get more fat in. What are some good suggestions. My protein and carbs are pretty good so I don't want to add much of either of those...........

Quote Originally Posted by unloading30 View Post
    Thanks, lol sorry trying to figure this all out.......... Here's MFP username: maleah37 I've been on there a while but quit using it, so now I'm back......

So I've entered what I'm planning to eat the rest of today and I need to get more fat in. What are some good suggestions. My protein and carbs are pretty good so I don't want to add much of either of those...........

Going to friend you now.

In that circumstance, I would have a hot drink with coconut oil, butter and/or heavy whipping cream if you do dairy. It will add fat without carbs or protein.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Also sending you a friend request on MFP.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

Have you noticed a difference? I'm trying to slowly limit, to avoid the bad headaches. I thought if I do it over the next 4-5 days it might be easier.
    I have noticed a difference. In fact, my sleep is better. I have of course had to dump all caffeine. I would say it was tough for about a week and then it got easier. Now, that said when I quit DC I transistioned to diet 7-up. One thing at a time and caffeine was first. As of today, I have quit AS yet still find myself looking longingly at my diet ginger ale from time to time (yes all today). So..there ya go. I have been off DC for about 3 weeks and find I do not miss it. Yet, I miss my bubbly. I may have to get some flavored carbonated water. My dad got some soda maker for Christmas that would essentially do the same thing. May need to look into this.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Best dinner ever. Crockpot tacos. Everyone in the house was way happy with Taco Tuesdays this week. If you like a decent heat, its very much worth making.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    unloading, I friended you on MFP. Another thing you could do would be to go to our recipe group (the link is in the first post of this thread-at the very beginning!) and look up recipes for fat bombs or cream cheese clouds if you feel you need food instead of drink. I usually do what Pebbles suggested, I allow myself cream (or not) in my teas depending on my macros.

Geo, is the recipe in the recipe group?

I love how MFP will tell you how much weight you will lose if you keep eating like today and then in the next sentence tell you it is not enough calories. (today is my "down day")

Yes. lol I also get messages from my Body Media Fit page that my sodium diatary fat and cholesterol are too high. Duh!

PrimalCon New York
    Oh man the spammers are busy tonight