Page 246 of 282 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 246

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I enjoy reading theory, so I'll continue to read P&V's first book, then read the performance one when it's more appropriate for my needs.

Tried to run over lunch. My legs felt tired. I ran 1/4 mile then walked a bit and wasn't able to get my mojo back. Finally gave up after about 7 minutes. Rode the bike for 7 minutes and gave up completely. I'll try to run again tomorrow. Wondering if it was just a head thing (mental) or if it was an actual physical response to something - like the migraine yesterday or what.

I also know I MUST start lifting again! I haven't done any lifting in probably 4 weeks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is exactly what I meant to suggest. I think they would go together well in that order. I just remember thinkin "What? That's it?" when I got to the end of low carb living. Otherwise it was great.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-19-2013 at 01:49 PM.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I can't find TriTips ANYWHERE!! Brad and I had our first tri-tip on our honeymoon in southern missouri (yes, cue the banjos - we went camping for our honeymoon) and it was amazing on a charcoal grill! I want to do it again, but no one sells them up here. I think wellness meats has them, but they're WAY more expensive than what we paid for it in Missouri. I so miss my tri-tip. I don't blame you for trying to get away with eating more.

Really? Not even at Costco? Assuming you have one where you are of course.

Yeah, tri-tip is really spendy.

I don't remember what the poundage was, but it was about 8 THICK strips and it
    was >cough.sputter.gag< 28 dollars.

I just threw it in the cart like I didn't even see the price cuz I was TIRED of lean
    steak.

This stuff was marbled beautifully with no HUGE GLOBS that never get crispy.

Divine.

Hey, that's super cute and FUN that you guys went camping for your honeymoon.

Mike and I went to Sandals in the Bahamas, dropped about 6K (back when we were rich..... har)
    for the most rinky dink stupid ass shit place I'd ever been in my LIFE. God, it was SO LAME!

Made up for it the next year and did it RIGHT in Hawaii for our 1yr anniversary instead.

I didn't want to go to Hawaii FOR the honeymoon because it's so dang contrived, but I sure
    wish we woulda.

Sandals. Freaking Sandals. 13yrs later and I'm STILL irate about it.

~Anonymous

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unloading30 View Post
    Ugh I'm an artificial sweetener junkie! As in the form of Diet Coke. I know I need to cut it out, but it sooo darn hard!

Yesterday went pretty good, I just went and bought some organic chicken broth from Trader Joes. Will that work? Also, what about heavy cream in coffee? I'm struggling knowing what to eat and in what combinations. Is there logs, sample menus anywhere?
    I hear you and feel for you. I quit DC about 3 weeks ago. In fact, I quit ALL caffeine. I have now just taken out AS as well. I want no hindering of weight-loss.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

We have a Costco that is new, but I'm not a member. The tri-tip we got was HUGE! Like almost roast sized. It had a nice layer of fat on one side, which we were told so sear before flipping the steak. Fat side down for, I think he said 7 minutes, then flip. The fat melts into the meat he said. It was amazing! I asked at our local meat market type store and they said it's not a common cut b/c it includes parts of 3 different kinds of steak and if they cut tri-tips, they lose out on the other three steaks. I'll have to check Costco.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So, I was looking at the meats one day and this guy came up and gave me a hint about a great cut to get for a really reasonable price. Chuck Eye Steaks. Now he was hitting on me so I was reticent, and didn't really listen to the explanation, but I did buy the steaks and he was right. They don't always have them but when they do the price is right! I usually get them at Costco, cause theirs are the nicest, but Kroger sometimes has them as well.

For our honeymoon we did a week long swing dance camp on a college campus in West Virginia! We slept on separate twin beds that were on the floor, of course we were too tired at the end of the day for sex anyway (we also went on our honeymoon 6 months after our wedding). We did also go to Colonial Williamsburg for a few days, then to his family's place in PA where they had a reception for the people who couldn't make it to our wedding in Florida.

unloading, create a profile on My Fitness Pal and then tell us your username. We will friend you so that you can see our food diaries. Don't be afraid to eat! (I meant to add this to my earlier response post.)

Salina13 is offline Member
    That keto calculator is awesome! Wish I had this a couple of days ago when I was figuring out my numbers!

Just to keep me motivated, can some others tell me their experiences in the first few days of going keto? My husband and I are on day 2 and we both feel REALLY off! Headaches, fuzzy thinking and just general lack of energy. I really want to stick with this for awhile but am worried that we're missing something and shouldn't feel this crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Salina13 View Post
    That keto calculator is awesome! Wish I had this a couple of days ago when I was figuring out my numbers!

Just to keep me motivated, can some others tell me their experiences in the first few days of going keto? My husband and I are on day 2 and we both feel REALLY off! Headaches, fuzzy thinking and just general lack of energy. I really want to stick with this for awhile but am worried that we're missing something and shouldn't feel this crappy.
    Carb flu!! We all go through it.

Drink bouillon at least once daily to help. And this run down, not-with-it feeling goes away after about a week. Keep it up.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinas Florin View Post
    Hello Pebbles67. There is a lot of misinformation circulating on the webs regarding aspartame safety and because I wanted to address that issue, I just finished writing a detailed rapport on this subject: Are There Any Aspartame Side Effects Or Dangers Like Getting Cancer?

I hope I clarified the subject
    On this one, I have to disagree just based on my own life experience. Not scientific, but good enough for me.
    1) I use artificial sweeteners, but rarely aspartame as it gives me a severe headache.
    2) My friend has MS. She was told to avoid all artificial sweeteners, but aspartame most of all. Her symptoms abated quite a lot once she quit her diet soda habit.
    3) I worked with handicapped adults who were born normal and became permanently mentally disabled due to ingesting phenylalinine as infants in the 50's. This was before the test that they run on every child at birth. I can't imagine any phenylketoneuric being stupid enough to risk their brain by participating in such a study. The disease is progressive so the mental disability worsens with exposure.

Why use artificial sweeteners at all if there are better options. Stevia Leaf, Honey, coconut sugar...Not for me right now, but maybe in the future.

Thanks for your input.