Page 245 of 282 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 245

unloading30 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ugh I'm an artificial sweetener junkie! As in the form of Diet Coke. I know I need to cut it out, but it sooo darn hard!

Yesterday went pretty good, I just went and bought some organic chicken broth from Trader Joes. Will that work? Also, what about heavy cream in coffee? I'm struggling knowing what to eat and in what combinations. Is there logs, sample menus anywhere?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unloading30 View Post
    Ugh I'm an artificial sweetener junkie! As in the form of Diet Coke. I know I need to cut it out, but it sooo darn hard!

Yesterday went pretty good, I just went and bought some organic chicken broth from Trader Joes. Will that work? Also, what about heavy cream in coffee? I'm struggling knowing what to eat and in what combinations. Is there logs, sample menus anywhere?
    The chicken broth from my Trader Joes is low sodium, so it will not work as well. Cream is one that is being debated, some stall using dairy, some it doesn't bother, you will have to figure that one out by experimenting.

If you go to MyFitnessPal.com many of us track on there and it can give you an idea about what we do.

Tomi, If Rum is what stalls you I doubt that bothering to refigure your macros will do any good, sorry. I would suggest that you stick tight to the macros that worked when you were losing, and if you are able to-just allow an occasional rum, if it stalls you then you will have to pull back. But, my memory is that you also had some cake in there and maybe a vacation...so maybe the occasional rum isn't the issue?

unloading30 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=demuralist;1131929]The chicken broth from my Trader Joes is low sodium, so it will not work as well. Cream is one that is being debated, some stall using dairy, some it doesn't bother, you will have to figure that one out by experimenting.

If you go to MyFitnessPal.com many of us track on there and it can give you an idea about what we do.

Thanks for the tip, that will help a lot! I just need ideas, I'm afraid to eat, lol!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=unloading30;1131941]
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The chicken broth from my Trader Joes is low sodium, so it will not work as well. Cream is one that is being debated, some stall using dairy, some it doesn't bother, you will have to figure that one out by experimenting.

Thanks for the tip, that will help a lot! I just need ideas, I'm afraid to eat, lol!
    Keep in mind we are all experimenting, none of us are experts, we are just working our way through the maze same as you, and reporting on our own N=1 experiments and any information we find that might be helpful. I would suggest you keep meticulous records, cause you are likely to lose early and then slow to a near stall, at which point you will start tweaking. Knowing what worked and what didn't will come in handy when you want to to back and replicate it. Good luck, and relax-stress is not good for fat loss.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Geez Guys and Gals, I take a 3 hr nap and end up having to respond to a ton of posts.lol

everyone Dropping artificial sweeteners and dairy is my n=1. No one need do what I am doing unless they decide for themselves that they would be healthier without. I am just reporting what I am doing and as demuralist said we are not experts. I have been Primal for 2.5 years, but only striving for NK for about 3 months.

Tomi I would go back to the original macros on the first page for your restart. I am assuming that is what you used in January up to before your vaca.

Salina 13 Robb Wolf was not saying that AS and dairy had anything to do with sleep necessarily, just that sleep problems need to be dealt with. I take 300-400 mg of magnesium in the evenings to help with sleep and electrolyte issues.
    I have also had success with a 50mg dose 5htp before bed. Use the fast acting, not slow release and do not use if on an antidepressant.

martinus Thanks for clarifying the formulas used for the protein levels of the keto calculator.

honeybuns I'll try that, I have done it in the past. I may have trouble fitting it into my new macros.

RMS123 How much protein are you eating right now? Rosedale sets his lower limit for most at 55grams even if ideal wt. in kg demands less. He is generally the lowest.

Jenn I liked the P7V low carb book but it is mostly theory. The formulas on protein and fat are in the performance book and their new atkins book.

Marinas I will read your article and get back to you.

Phew! I hope I didn't miss anyone.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Tomi, If Rum is what stalls you I doubt that bothering to refigure your macros will do any good, sorry. I would suggest that you stick tight to the macros that worked when you were losing, and if you are able to-just allow an occasional rum, if it stalls you then you will have to pull back. But, my memory is that you also had some cake in there and maybe a vacation...so maybe the occasional rum isn't the issue?
    Well the rum is definitely a factor in the stall. I'm cutting it out completely - at least until I get to my goal weight. Yes, there was a vacation in Feb. and some pie last month. Oh dear................ you have quite the memory - and mine is faultering! Thanks for keeping me honest and reminding me that I have not been so great with the food extra's either.

I'm gonna try going full on Paleo and see what happens. I can't have milk/cream without a lactaid pill, and I can certainly do without cheese for a while. I'm gonna do this! My birthday (goal for weight loss) is coming............ 19 weeks away!!! I still need to lose 48ish pounds to meet my goal. I can still do it safely - 2.5 pounds per week will do it. But I'll have to be really disciplined and make sure I walk daily!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Go Tomi! I have a goal of 199 by May 1st which is the usual audition time for the summer musical in my town.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Second that Go Tomi!

I have a "mini" goal...I am terrified of seeing my doctor at the end of May for my annual exam at the weight I am currently. She will be shocked at how much I gained in a year, lol. So, my mini goal is that I not shock her.

Edited to add: I just checked, I weighed 161 when I saw her last and that was with clothing, lol. I'm 178.2 now, 1st thing in the morning with no clothing.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-19-2013 at 12:03 PM.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Well, whomever said it couldn't be done (the naysayers) can suck it,
    cuz I just successfully completed a heavy full body weight routine
    at the gym AND did six, 25 second sprints at 9mph with 3 minutes of
    3mph between them.

So there.

If I *HAD* any residual glycogen, IT'S GONE NOW!

And also, in the grand scheme of things with keeping protein
    low, I've found it's working better this time around for me.

When I'd eat too much in one sitting, I'd get a "protein headache"
    (at the temples, kinda like an MSG headache for me) and then my
    heart would beat faster about 15 minutes after the meat.

I've been keeping protein around 58 to 65g MAX (used to be 150 months
    ago) and while it's weird, cuz I'm used to eating so much more, I like it.

Last night there was a test - we had bbq'd up a TON of tri-tip steak and we
    had it on salad with a bit of salsa and 10g of sesame oil. I knew I had too much
    steak on mine, but damnit, tri-tip is so freaking tasty, and I thought I could get
    away with it.

But no, protein headache and fast heartbeat ensued.

I BLAME YOU ALL!

All right, I don't, but I have to blame someone, right?

Okie doke, carry on folks.

Good luck with everyone's new goals!!!!!!!

Julie

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

Last night there was a test - we had bbq'd up a TON of tri-tip steak and we
    had it on salad with a bit of salsa and 10g of sesame oil. I knew I had too much
    steak on mine, but damnit, tri-tip is so freaking tasty, and I thought I could get
    away with it.
    I can't find TriTips ANYWHERE!! Brad and I had our first tri-tip on our honeymoon in southern missouri (yes, cue the banjos - we went camping for our honeymoon) and it was amazing on a charcoal grill! I want to do it again, but no one sells them up here. I think wellness meats has them, but they're WAY more expensive than what we paid for it in Missouri. I so miss my tri-tip. I don't blame you for trying to get away with eating more.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)