Page 240 of 281 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2808

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 240

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Very nice Julie!!! I like that kind of progress as much as the kind on the scale or tape measure!

So, I just tried a green drink with the NutriBullet. It wasn't bad. I put in too much lime juice (only the juice of 1/2 of a lime)...next time I'll leave that out. I used 5 small broccoli florets, 1 oz of spinach leaves, 2" section of cucumber, 1/2 avocado (minus dark spots which were removed); 2" section of banana and 1/4 of a granny smith apple. It was not sweet at all and I think if the lime juice hadn't been so strong it would have been refreshing. I did try to put in 3 drops of liquid stevia after it was in the glass, which also would have been nice without the lime juice. The amount was too much so I ended up not drinking the whole thing. The NutriBullet did an excellent job of pulverizing the whole mixture...no lumps or bumps and all the fiber still in there (although pulverized). So, I figure the amount I actually drank came to 16 carbs (a bit pricey, so this won't be a daily thing) and was a bit low on fat at only 9 gm. Increasing the fat next time...maybe a whole avocado instead.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    the banana and apple tend to be pricey in the carb department, you could try switching out for berries. Also, the spinach actually has a bit of a sweet taste when pulverized into a smoothie so you may want to increase its amount. I have also found that if I add a few drops of strawberry flavoring that even though it isn't sweet it makes it smell more like berries which kind of tells the brain it is sweet, odd but true. I actually also add MCT oil (a tablespoon) to help increase the fat %. It is tasteless and mixes well when blended.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!!! That sounds great! I bought a couple of bunches of fresh organic spinach at the Farmer's Market today, so I'll definitely try increasing that. Berries sound good too... I DO have some blueberries and strawberries that I bought fresh and then froze.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I usually use frozen as it is just easier to have on hand. Generally it is spinach and kale, and now on my "Up Day" I add in a few strawberries. I also use 2 eggs for protein and fat, along with the MCT oil. I save my avocado for my lunch (I mix it up with homemade mayo, 1/4C of bacon pieces and some salt).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I took today off from NK. I think my body was needing a break so I did. The family wanted chili dogs and fries and I had some with them. I know that the Russian Circus is coming to town this week, basically tomorrow. I made a fat bomb because I know I'm going to need them this week and I'm basically feeling weak as hell.

I have found some cool pins from pinterest on low carb crock pot meals. I found one for making taco meat that I am going to make tomorrow and eat on Tuesday.
    Georgette

unloading30 is offline Junior Member
    Hi there,

I'd love to join you all, I've been eating Paleo/primal for the last couple months about 80% of the time. I feel great, I know I've lost weight but no idea how much as I haven't weighed myself recently. I want to lose about 25-30 pounds. I've lost 90 a few years ago doing mostly LC, then I hit 190 and I've stayed +/- 5lbs for the last couple years. I now weigh around 180 and I'm 5'7.

So, I'm unsure of how to calculate my activity. I started running in Dec, and I now run 3x a week for about 30 mins and sometime a short 1 mile run in addition. I also do weights and abs 2-3x per week. Should I count this as light or moderate exercise? I'm hoping to officially start tomorrow! I'm anxious to get started cause summers coming and I live in CA so it's already warm and I want to feel good about myself this summer! Thanks for the help, looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    unloading Welcome! I exercise about as much as you. I calculate my calories burned (TDEE) using the light exercise multiplier.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Today is the first day of crazy town aka the Russian Circus. Had a rough night of sleep courtesy of The Walking Dead. Last nights episode messed with my head more than I liked. I knew it was going to from the very moment it came it on. I'm grateful to be off on Mondays and I plan on going back to bed after I take Heather to school. After I nap for an hour or 2, get up, workout, eat, shower and do some errands.
    Georgette

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oddly, after my up day, I woke up hungry-thus was worried if I would be able to pull off a down day. But woke up after a down day and did not feel like eating breakfast for about 3 hours. Weird.
    This same thing happens to me. It is as if our bodies just want to continue with what they've been doing. If they've been eating, they are hungry. If they've been fasting, they are not.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    This same thing happens to me. It is as if our bodies just want to continue with what they've been doing. If they've been eating, they are hungry. If they've been fasting, they are not.
    I thought it was just me....I find the same thing.