Page 24 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 24

MJam is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Oooo thanks Ashley. I saw the "net carb" thingy when I was looking for the carb amount and got a little confused as to what that meant. I might do that because all the carbs I eat are from fruit or veggies anyways not twinkies and pies (MMmm) so that's helpful, thanks!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I dont think anyone eats twinkies or pies around here...its not primal/paleo.

lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

WHAT?! Pies have lard...that's gotta count for something right? *totally kidding of course*

mks8500 is offline Member
    Thanks for the info on the ketostix. I've been losing like a champ but started the ketostix yesterday and was dark then today was more moderate and I gained weight. I'm not concerned (I keep chanting that to myself) because I know I shouldn't weigh daily AND for whatever reason Sunday always seems to be a higher day. Sundays I swim but Saturday isn't really any different than any other day. Anywho...I appreciate the info. I might look into one of those blood machines. Like the rest of you, I really want to know! If I'm not in NK at 40 carbs but I am at 30, then I want to do what works.

I was insulin resistant before and after my first born 7 years ago. Going low carb almost immediately worked for me to the point that I didn't have to take Metformin anymore (I didn't seem to work for me anyway). At the time I also had PCOS pretty badly...still got pregnant...but the PCOS has calmed down without the grains as well. Primal for me is about no dairy, no sugar and NK.

I am SO thankful for this thread.

Megan

Quote Originally Posted by MJam View Post
    WHAT?! Pies have lard...that's gotta count for something right? *totally kidding of course*
    Speaking of lard, I need to look into RMS123's lard cookies!
    Karin

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I sat down and figured the ratios for my standard breakfast and lunches, and how to make them closer to 80%fat. The Triclops breakfast was already there, but I needed to do some tweaking to my burger and salmon lunches. Luckily, this will just mean more sauce!

I do need to cut back on my meat portions, and maybe my vegetables at dinner. When I eat vegetables, I EAT vegetables. 3 cups cooked at one meal would not be uncommon. Side note: I always have to laugh(in my head) at vegetarians who hardly ever seem to eat vegetables. They should really call themselves graintarians. My regular daily dose is always the 5 minimum servings, and usually 8. And that's all veg, as I hardly eat fruit any more.

Also made up my snacks list:
    Liverwurst
    Brie
    Pork rinds with sour cream or guacamole
    Slice of quiche
    whipped vanilla cream
    cream cheese clouds
    coco-chocs with macadamia nuts

I'm not going to be doing this to the extent of tracking my macros daily(or really, even at all ) but I think just knowing that some standard meal options that I enjoy are at 75-80% will get me in the right direction.

I am trying to figure out the nutritional info for my dinner which is homemade elk chili, is there an easier way to do it? I am using the sparkpeople recipe calculator and it's a freaking nightmare! It makes me not want to make a combined meal like that and to just eat all the stuff separate.

I use my fitness pal and enter the recipe and it calculates it great and EASY.
    Karin

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    I turn my back for 2 minutes and there are pages and pages to read

I would like to link with other people on MFP so I can see how they keep there fat intake up. How do I do this?

first, get an account

My MFP account is the same name as here. In fact, many of ours are. Go to community, look up members and type in the names to friend us

oh.. also, on HERE go to community, groups you will see a LCHF recipe group. Lots of recipes and tips on getting more fat.
    Karin