Page 239 of 280 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2799

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 239

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I will happily eat 1300 cals & 55g of protein if you think this will work. This will give me macros of 17-3-80 which macro wise is not much different from the 16-2-82 I have been eating over the last 3 weeks. I just don't want to put on any more weight
    Whether it will work or not is for you to discover. I was just making suggestions that might help, but as we know what works one week, does not always work the next. Moreover, what works for one does not work for another. GRRR. hate this weight loss crap.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    So dairy is a no-no? Not what I wanted to hear. I could cut back on it but cutting it out completely would stress me to no end. Plus it would make cooking that much more difficult for me.
    No. I think that dairy may be a no,no for me. I'm not speaking to anyone else's program. You have lost very well on NK with dairy. Whereas, I only lost 3 lbs in February after an 18lb loss in January which was at least half water. I was also heading for a low loss in March. I am just checking out all possibilities.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have lost 3.5 lbs in the two days since I started the new macros, dropped dairy and artificial sweeteners. I only dropped calories by 500, so it is not just a case of cals in and out.

My new macros 75%/20%/5% 1400 cals (20% below BMR)
    congrats!! Watch your calories.. I know when I went too low, I stalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Just a reminder, that you can't expect to lose weight every week, or even in a regular progression. There will be jumps and stalls. Why not go back to a repetition of your first two weeks, though? Maybe that cream was good for you!
    Thank you for this. It is an important reminder. It IS frustrating when the scales or tape do not show a loss every week but we need to LEARN to take it in stride. Easier said than done
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    congrats!! Watch your calories.. I know when I went too low, I stalled.
    Agreed. For that reason, I am following this experiment very carefully and precisely for a 30 day period. I have also dropped all non food calories (BPC) except for 1 TBSP CO in my am coffee. Therefore I am using all of my 1400 cals for real food.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My BMR is 1587 according to the keto chart. I am eating anywhere between 1550-1430 kcals daily. I'm still working on getting at least 3 workouts in a week. I'm figuring I need to get up between 5-530AM to get a workout in.

Glad I really don't have to give up dairy. I have this feeling that eating it keeps me sane.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    Eating beneath BMR (not just calculated but actual) for too long will of course lead to death.
    It would take me a long time to die on `1200 cals. My body fat is more than high enough to keep me going for a few months. Anyway the reason for eating below BMR is to lose the fat. Once your reached the required body fat one would assume you would increase to BMR level. If you didn't then I guess you would deserve to be dead

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    so, DG, when I look at your numbers what I see is that in 3 weeks you have lost 6 pounds of fat since you managed to keep your LBM the same. That would seem to me to be exactly what you want to do. Have you done any measurements?

While for me I would consider those calories way too low at that weight, they actually seem to be working for you, right?
    Sorry the numbers for week 3 were wrong (I have updated them).They should have read:

Week 3 Average: Cals: 1162 Protein :47g Ratio: Av % (16-2-82) Total Loss since start of n=-1: -6lb
    Weight: 171lb Loss: +3 BMI: 27.45 BF (BIA): 40.4% Water: 42.4% LBM: 56.1% LBM:101.9lb

Yes in the first 2 weeks I lost 6lb (am aiming for 1.5lb wk) which was great but this last week, without changing anything, I have gained 3lb. That is the cause of my angst. If I have stayed the same this week I could have lived with that but to gain 3lb back? That is my concern. As my macros have been pro NK & I haven't done anything to knock my self out (over eat on carb or protein, under eat on fat) I can only assume being in NK does not suit me. Although I cant test it, if I am not in NK buy now then I do not know what to do to get me into it.

Measurements have stayed the same. Interestingly though last Monday in the mirror test, my stomach was like a deflated balloon - not pretty but progress maybe. Today, it is is more like a new uninflated balloon (no wrinkles) but I do not feel bloated or anything.

As for the calories, who knows? Higher seems to stop me losing , so are these it appears. Hence our discussion last night re very low calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Just a reminder, that you can't expect to lose weight every week, or even in a regular progression. There will be jumps and stalls. Why not go back to a repetition of your first two weeks, though? Maybe that cream was good for you!
    Having lost 6lb in 2 weeks I would have been OK with stalling for a couple of weeks just not gaining half of it back wneh I don't know why.

Maybe the cream was good for me but it was becoming a trigger food. Instead of 1 cup I was going through 3 & could have drunk more. That is not a position I want to be in with food but I appreciate the humor.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had something to add to the discussion...I'm still trying my own experiments to see what works. I've only (I say only, but I'm TRULY happy about it, lol) lost 3.6 pounds since I joined the EMF group. I can't remember exactly when that was, but its been about a month I think. I started primal on February 2, but didn't lose much. I dunno, just musing out loud about nothing in particular I guess. Sorry, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I don't really post too much in here any more cuz I feel stupid for
    whining about a measly 10lbs that I want to lose to get from 130 to
    120, but DG, I've been at this since January 17th, so, 8 weeks today
    I guess, and I went from 130 to 125 to 124.8, and stayed at 124.8 for
    about 3 weeks it seemed and then just the other day I was 120.8.

What?

I think hormones play a major role (assuming you're female, which I think
    you are!) as water stays on, water comes off, then depending on salt intake
    or lack there of.... I have the joy of bloating up at ovulation AND 3 days before
    my period. Everything skews the number on the scale and just recently I've
    gone to weighing myself weekly instead of daily (i like to see trends for daily
    weighing, but most of the time it just pisses me off).

So I think tht 3 weeks is too short to throw in the towel!

Regardless of your weight loss, how are you feeling?

Do you have good energy? Clear mind? Focused? Happy?

I think you should keep on keeping on, and these next few weeks
    with Paula's numbers she put up for you.

I can tell you right now, with the last part of my weight loss, it happened
    when I was eating MORE and DOING less.

February was a moot month for me. Kids out of school for a week, no gym and
    not so much walking, then they got sick for a week, still no gym and no walking,
    then *I* got sick for a week. Felt like I barely moved all month and blamo - 4lbs
    gone? Really?

I don't know what to make of it, but I *have* toned down my exercise now.

I know you don't exercise a ton, and that you don't think your walking at work is
    much, but it's something. Better than sitting.

In the grand scheme of things, for me, exercise really doesn't seem to make a
    HUGE dent in anything. I love doing it, so that's why I continue, but that month
    of Nothing February, really taught me a lesson. Finally, in my 44 years of perhaps
    over-exercising.

All right, I'm rambling....... Anyway, hope you stay with us!

Julie

p.s. Paula - that bouillon suggestion has been an absolute LIFESAVER. I can't tell you
    how much better I feel drinking a couple cups a day of that stuff. Last week I made my
    own bone broth in the crock pot, so I grab a cup of that, and add the bouillon and it's like
    heaven. I've always felt good and obviously I have way too much energy as it is, but man
    adding in that salt has me feeling like a new person.

Also, by eating pretty high fat for two months, the little bumps on the back of my arms are
    GONE. I went to scratch an itch the other day and I was like "what the hell? my arms are as
    soft as a baby's bottom!" Seriously. I was so excited yesterday I even had my sister feel them.

She agreed, but of course thought I was stone cold crazy anyway. Ha!

I'm just glad they're GONE.