Page 233 of 282 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 233

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^awesome!!^
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Republic of Tea (from Whole Foods or direct online) has a decaf Red Velvet tea that is very nice for this sort of thing. Stash (from a grocery store) has a wonderful Chai Spice which you can get with or without caffeine.

I put in butter, and/or HWC, and/or MCT oil.
    You can also find Republic of Tea products at World Market. I know they have the Red Velvet tea and I may head there this weekend to get some. I also have there Pomegranate Green tea which is delicious with CO.

In regards to fasting, according to Mark, if I am remembering correctly, HWC and butter in coffee doesn't mean that you are fasting. If you do CO only, its considered a fast. My breakfast is a bulletproof coffee and broth with bouillon.

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I started my new job as of Wednesday so am busy as hell with that and have barely any time to get online, from my phone.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Last week I upped my fat to 85% and kept my protein between 60-70g. I upped my cals to 2000

Wt. 226.3 +1.2 for the week
    Measurements Up a little
    Body Fat% Up a little
    FBS ran from 88-96 (up from low to mid 80s of the week before.)

***Conclusions***
    Higher fat does not seem to help me lose weight or get me into deeper ketosis.
    Adding more dairy to get to the higher fat level raises my FBS
    I also experienced aches, pains, bloating and swelling in my bad leg. Swelling in my right leg means inflammation. Inflammation can be deadly for me. (Three years ago I almost died from blood clots that traveled from that leg into my lungs.)

My best results on NK so far have been at the original Optimal Diet macros from the first page of this thread. 75% 20% 5%, Eating at just above BMR. at that time, I chose a goal (HSIS) weight of 170 which is at the top of the range for my height. This gave me macros of 70-78 protein, 39 carb, 156 fat. However, I have since learned that for the purposes of macro calculations, one should choose a weight at the low end of the range for your height. For me, 150lbs, 68kg Protein 60-68g, 34 carb, 136fat (2x protein)

I have just finished reading "The Rosedale Diet" and will be following his plan for the next 4 wks. Dr. Rosedale uses essentially the same macros starting with your ideal weight in kilos. The difference will be that I am dropping dairy, Bad oils and artificial sweeteners and eating 65-75%fat. Basically Rosedale has convinced me to clean up my act. With the lower protein and 75% fat, my calories will also come down to about 1400.

The link below is to my journal page where I reviewed "The Rosedale Diet"

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...20059-541.html
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Deborah105 is offline Member

Today is Day 11

I kept a paper journal on my desk to jot down how I felt during the day on this diet.

My conclusions? This has stopped my binging in its tracks. For that I am grateful. I felt like I was in a washing machine stuck in the spin cycle. My DH is a really bad eater and there is lots of bingey stuff in the house. I had absolutely no problem leaving it all alone. Yes, I am AMAZED I had no desire for any of it. Not even his potato chips.

I did forage in the fridge all week. Ate a LOT of cheese. I do know this is habit and, at this moment, I'm not working so I'm home all day. Yes, I have things I need to do so it's about focus and actually DOING these things. I was much better at this on Day 10 than I was at Day 1.

I had help figuring my macros (thank you lovely ladies). They are:

Goal Macros
    33 - carbs
    66 - protein
    132 - fat
    1584 - calories

What I ate this past week:

20 - carbs
    83 - protein
    161 - fat
    2032 - calories

39 - carbs
    92 - protein
    129 - fat
    1689 - calories

24 - carbs
    118 - protein
    216 - fat
    2559 - calories

37 - carbs
    75 - protein
    173 - fat
    2006 - calories

31 - carbs
    76 - protein
    96 - fat
    1269 - calories

22 - carbs
    95 - protein
    72 - fat
    1121 - calories

I did drop 3-4 pounds of water-bloat in the first day or so, but nothing since. I'm usually a daily eliminator (TMI - apologies!) and have become an every other day girl. I blame the cheese.
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I scored a non weight triumph today. I got my engagement ring on today (more importantly got it off again! I cant remember when I wore it last. My wedding ring was upsized once but then I had to stop wearing that (It falls off now) but my engagement ring was never touched. I wanted it as a goal. Its only taken approx 20 years!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yeah!! That is cool!
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I scored a non weight triumph today. I got my engagement ring on today (more importantly got it off again! I cant remember when I wore it last. My wedding ring was upsized once but then I had to stop wearing that (It falls off now) but my engagement ring was never touched. I wanted it as a goal. Its only taken approx 20 years!
    YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    These types of triumphs are the best! Fantastic!
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

mks8500 is offline Member
    Nice job on the wedding ring Ddraig! Today marks 8 weeks that I've been following primal/EMF/n=1 (you know what I mean) and I'm down 24.2 lbs. This week I've tried eating a big (600+ calories) breakfast and then skipping lunch. This has made it so I can keep my protein down in the 60-65 range and that has seemed to work for me. I checked blood ketones midday yesterday and they were 1.2. I'm still not breaking into any huge numbers but I'm ok with that for this week since today was the last day of my antibiotic, etc.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Megan

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great Job Ddraig Goch!

Megan, wonderful report. I was curious to see your diary. I am now doing something similar. Keeping protein down also keeps calories down. That will be something new for me.