Page 232 of 282 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 232

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I've been thinking of trying tea or maybe BP broth...the two spoonfuls of coconut oil were okay I guess, but tea or broth seems much more appealing, lol. What kinds of things might you put in your tea? I drink tea from time to time, but am far from an aficionado. I've been looking at teas at Whole Foods, but really know nothing about them. My experience is with Bigelow or Twinings, lol.
    Republic of Tea (from Whole Foods or direct online) has a decaf Red Velvet tea that is very nice for this sort of thing. Stash (from a grocery store) has a wonderful Chai Spice which you can get with or without caffeine.

I put in butter, and/or HWC, and/or MCT oil.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Demuralist. I'm having some Twinings now with 1 little tub of half & half. I'll bring some HWC to work with me. The Red Velvet tea sounds wonderful.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

If caffeine is not a problem for you they have a Double Dark Chocolate Mate that is fantastic with some fat and sweet in it, and there is also a Chocolate Yerba mate that is very good with some fat and sweet in it as well. And last night I boiled a tablespoon of cocoa nibs (they were in a tea strainer) in water and had that with some cream and stevia. Not so chocolate but more of a caramel flavor actually, very yummy.

What does 70Kg (154lbs) look like?

Some of you were talking about weight and clothing size a few pages back. Today I was looking for some inspirational images to print out, when I came across this: Marie Claire Average Weight Feature | BGM Agency | The Authentic Modelling Agency | Plus Size Models
    (It includes pages from an article in Marie Claire. I can't find a link to the actual article in Marie Claire, however, you can read enough to get the message)

I find the photos sort of reassuring, since I have NO idea what I'd look like at that weight (and it's only about 9 lbs over my "goal" weight.)

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Deborah105, there is no such thing as normal! I have a dear friend who is very thin, and she is constantly worrying about what she eats. Now, she actually cannot gain weight - she has tried, but she still watches what she eats in order to not have cellulite, not get cancer, have a healthy heart, etc. So I think what you can expect is to find what works for you and do it until you have lost your weight and then beyond that continuing it to maintain your loss, until the habit becomes the way you eat and then it will feel normal. But you absolutely will not be able to go back to the way you ate to get to where you are.
    You are spot on and to tell the truth I don't want to go back. I feel better even in the short timeframe I've been doing this. I was definitely in whiney-mode.
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Ok. I just wanted to pull you back to reality. A little whining every once a while is healthy, as long as it doesnt last too long

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    If caffeine is not a problem for you they have a Double Dark Chocolate Mate that is fantastic with some fat and sweet in it, and there is also a Chocolate Yerba mate that is very good with some fat and sweet in it as well. And last night I boiled a tablespoon of cocoa nibs (they were in a tea strainer) in water and had that with some cream and stevia. Not so chocolate but more of a caramel flavor actually, very yummy.
    Oh yum...those sound yummy!!! I really need to change things up...the two mini lunches I take to work are adding up to too much, so I think I'll try just eating 1 slightly larger "lunch" and using broth with fat in it to carry me through. I'm finding I'm not having much of my macros left for dinner. I'll eat more with my breakfast and more at my 1 lunch and then have a normal dinner instead of foraging for fat, lol.

The tea will also help...I'll pick some up when I go grocery shopping on Saturday...in the meantime, broth, lol.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Primal 123, If you read the comments section, you will notice that the creator of that keto calculator does not believe that you need a certain level of fat to reach Nutritional Ketosis, nor does he believe that limiting protein is necessary. For those reasons, I am going to take the calculations with a grain of salt.

The EMF thread is based on the NK research of Jan Kwasniewski, Phinney and Volek, and Rosedale
    +1 - only posted it as a bit of fun. The numbers don't come out right for me either. If you want to play with your fat/calories download rebecca latham's calculator (put in your carb & protein & it will show the cals if you tweak your fat). which I posted here a while back (you can find it on her blog). If I remember I think it uses P&V protein calc (She is following Jimmy Moore who in turn is following P&V).
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-13-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Ha, I forgot to eat breakfast this morning. That is the first time EVER that I forgot to eat, lol. I had my commuter mug of coffee with HWC on the way to work, but intended to have a few slices of thin cut bacon before I left the house. I'm just starting to get a little hungry...I'm feeling slightly panic-y at not bringing my usual two meals today (can you say unhealthy food obsession, lol), but I am having some broth as I type with some butter in it. That should tide me over for a while.

Edited to add: and said panic even stranger since I keep a stash of food in my drawer at work, lol.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-14-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am happy to report that I have made it through the day, lol. No major hunger, I did just fine. I'm sipping my second cup of broth now and that should definitely hold me until I have dinner.