Page 228 of 280 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 228

mks8500 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    My experience with plantar faciitis was that it took everything you said plus never walking barefoot (especially on hard surfaces) and letting it rest. The most important thing is the night splint. My mom also walked in a walking cast for a while. It took me about 6 months of constant care to be totally rid of it. My doctor said it was attributed to tight Achilles tendon. I will tell you that my DH did not let his rest and it is now likely beyond healing as he has built up that much scar tissue (he waited almost a year before he started taking it seriously and stopped running-and now he cannot run) he also refused to wear the night splint. he has had it for years.
    Oh no! That's not good news. I was told that I "couldn't make it worse" by running, but just wouldn't make it any better. Yikes! I'm icing for several hours on and off per day and stretching. I'm thinking about letting an acupunturist take a look. A friend of mine did dry needling to it and it felt amazing the next day but she's several states away now and needed more than 1 day to make it better. :-(

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    foot surgery took care of mine.. of course I was off my feet for a long time.
    That's what I was afraid of. I'm not into surgery if I can prevent it so I guess I'd better chill.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    ^ I always said I had a large frame...until I did the wrist measurement. Yeah. Not so much. Somewhere I remember that Geo posted her wrist measurement. Mine is much smaller. Sigh. There went my argument
    My wrist measurement bounces between 6 and 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    For shits and giggles, I decided to break out the measuring tape and do some measurements. Neck=16", Bust=39"(down 3"), Waist=41"(down 5"), Hips 46"(down 5") Thigh=23"(down 1"), Calf=15.5"(down 1.5").
    Nice job!!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    My experience with plantar faciitis was that it took everything you said plus never walking barefoot (especially on hard surfaces) and letting it rest. The most important thing is the night splint. My mom also walked in a walking cast for a while. It took me about 6 months of constant care to be totally rid of it. My doctor said it was attributed to tight Achilles tendon. I will tell you that my DH did not let his rest and it is now likely beyond healing as he has built up that much scar tissue (he waited almost a year before he started taking it seriously and stopped running-and now he cannot run) he also refused to wear the night splint. he has had it for years.
    I have heard the opposite - to always (as much as possible) walk barefoot or in shoes without arch supports to help strengthen the arch. The logic was that if you're always using arch support, the muscles never have a chance to gain any strength b/c the work of supporting the foot is done by the shoe, prolonging the problem b/c it's never fixed - much like taking meds for an illness treated by diet. I would try both approaches and see which one works best for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah105 View Post
    That is so fantastic. How long did these results take?
    January 1, 2013. I swear NK is pretty much the only thing that I have noticed this dramatic of results with.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    For those with time on their hands

I found a keto calculator today - it's supposed to give you your macros for a ketogenic diet. I tried it out for a bit of fun but the carb count was too high for me & you can't change it. It's quite slick at working out your 'BMI though if you are into that sort of thing:

Keto Calculator

I also found a calculator to determine how much water you should drink. |nterestingly, for me it was spot on my minimum:

Hydration Calculator: How Much Water Should You Drink Today?

UPDATE: sorry I was wrong, you can change the carb count on the keto calculator. Its also very good for converting weight & height from US to metric if you need to
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-12-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: update

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Regarding the shoes and barefooting...my doc wanted me in padded shoes, not necessarily arch supports, my home had all tile and wood floors. AFTER it was healed he wanted me barefooting mostly in sand (I lived in Florida at the time-so the prescription was to do a lot of beach walking).

My DH now likely has too much scar tissue for surgery, which he wouldn't submit to anyway.

To my doc, the thing was that while you sleep (or rest) you are healing, you need to make sure your foot is at a 90 degree angle to the leg, or smaller while you are doing either, because if you step down on it after it has started to heal in a shortened position (greater than 90 degrees) you re-rip the fascia and create a bit of scar tissue. The less often you do this the better. Anything you can do to reduce or eliminate inflammation is also a good thing.

martinus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I found a keto calculator today - it's supposed to give you your macros for a ketogenic diet. I tried it out for a bit of fun but the carb count was too high for me & you can't change it. It's quite slick at working out your 'BMI though if you are into that sort of thing:

Keto Calculator
    You can change the carb count in the calculator, just enter your desired amount of grams in point 5. I think 25g is already quite low, you are certainly in ketosis if you stay that low and don't overdo it with protein.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I re-calculated my waist measurement and it's actually 37.5". Like I've said before, I have trouble measuring my waist. To figure body fat percentage, I went by the calculations and photos. I looked at the pics first and figured I was somewhere between 25-30% The US Navy has me at 52% and I was like WTF? You can tell it didn't take into account muscle or build. When I went by the YMCA calculator, it had me at 30% which is pretty much right where I felt like I should be at. The last time I had my body calculated was in 2011 and they said I was at 37% using one of those handheld jobbies.

When I used the keto calculator, it is showing I should be at my goal weight by Aug 20, 2013. That almost seems fracking unbelievable.
    Last edited by geostump; 03-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    For those with time on their hands

Keto Calculator

I also found a calculator to determine how much water you should drink. |nterestingly, for me it was spot on my minimum:

Hydration Calculator: How Much Water Should You Drink Today?
    Love the keto calculator and love that it uses MFP as it's preferred calorie tracker. I just wish I could adjust MFP to 7% carbs...

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post

When I used the keto calculator, it is showing I should be at my goal weight by Aug 20, 2013. That almost seems fracking unbelievable.
    The keto calculator tells me November 2013. Love it. If I wanted to get to 20% body fat, I'd need to keep going til the end of January. Not sure where I'll be weight wise come 25% body fat, so we'll aim for that and work down from there.

But, also, I plan to be at 177 WAY before May 15, so we'll see how this graph actually plays out.