Page 227 of 281 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 227

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No point giving you my sizes the system is very different over here & would confuse you all. I will say that doing LC I got into a lower size at a heavier weight if you get my drift. Also sizes now are larger than what they were 30 years ago. I would love to get into my UK size 16 jeans from high school but they're smaller than a current uk size 12. It also depends on the clothes. Mine range over 3 different sizes currently.

I have to say this whole daily weighing & tracking thing is very exciting. I have never done it before only weekly. The scale weight has not moved for a week now, my BMI has been bouncing slightly between 27.0 & 27.3 so that could be a reason for depression. I also unofficially measured bits yesterday – no change so more depression.

BUT looking in the mirror I can see something has changed. Everything is going south (to be expected at my age I suppose) & my stomach is showing indentations where the ribs are & wrinkles like a balloon that has been blown up then let down (not pretty but very rewarding) & my thighs have gone soft & squiggy. Most importantly, today the BIA monitor showed a full 1 lb (0.5%) BF loss, water was up & so was LBM slightly. This would suggest I am fat burning (Yes!!) but retaining water. This is born out by my inability to need the bathroom this am (this is what usually wakes me) despite my bedtime herbal tea & drinking as normal so far today.

So instead of depression at the sight of the scale getting stuck I feel optimism that a whoosh is forthcoming & I will not only break into a NSZ but also down into a new BMI number.

NB: Sorry if TMI but I am finding it all so fascinating & I thought others might like to know that just because the scale isn’t moving it doesn’t mean things aren’t changing on the inside. Maybe that’s where people go wrong, they give up too soon & stop or change things (I know I have in the past) when all along what they were doing was right, it just takes a little while to see it.

PS: Today is the first time I have woken up not hungry so have brought Breakfast to work with me but still not hungry (11:am). It has been approx 6 weeks since I started aiming for deep NK so maybe I have finally arrived.

The difference in weight/sizes is very interesting. I was an 18 at 230, 16 at 215, 14 at 195, 12 at 180, I am now a snug 10 at 170. I am 5' 4" and very hour glass shaped 43in chest 31 in waist and 41 in hips.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    My measurements are similar to geo but no way I could get in 14's. I don'tpull the tape tight so these are loose measurements. Bust 39 natural waist 33 but fattest part of stomach is 41. Hips 45.5-46, calf 14, don't have a recent thigh measurement but I think it was 27 Feb. 1 so that's the problem with pants.

18w look too baggy, I don't have regular 18's but my old 16's are too tight to wear in public. I am waiting until they fit. I don't want to but anything but I may need an interim size 18 or stick with skirts. 16 skirts are loose. It was way easier when I was an old size 8. And what is with the upsizing sizes. I have old 14 s that look smaller than current size 8s.

ShannonWinchester is offline Junior Member
    Ok Pebbles67 did I get these numbers right?
    I am 5'5" 233 lbs = 65Kg is my ideal weight (Hell I'd be happy at 160), so break down is 65g protein, 32.5 carbs, 130 - 162.5 fat, 1650 Calories. Did I get that right??? Cause I am actually only eating 1200 per day and some days it's a struggle and others i'm starving marvin.

Feedback appreciated. smw

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Looks Correct to me. Definitely try the higher calories for a while. You will be more content.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-12-2013 at 10:08 AM.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Just wanted to report that I am continuing the low protein (for me) experiment this week, but I am also attempting to get to 85% fat (like Jimmy Moore). Last week it was about 80% fat 1700-1800 cals. I upped my calories to 2000 to get a higher fat %.

Macros
    2000 cals
    60-70g protein (Dr Rosedale's calculation method)
    20g carb max
    85% fat
    How's the attempt at 85% going? I've found yesterday and today that if I fasted through lunch but had a good fatty breakfast, I can EASILY make it until dinner which is allowing me to keep my protein lower for the day. I'm not at the 80% but getting there. Have you seen results?

I'm still not back to testing ketones because I'm still sick with a sinus infection (or something). Got an antibiotic so I'm sure that'll send my system into all sorts of confusion. I am losing though and feel like I'm mildly ketogenic and would be moreso if I were feeling better.

Has anyone ever had plantar fasciitis? I got THAT about the same time I caught my cold and it's KILLER. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions since it makes my runs really difficult. I've done ice, rubbed it on a golf ball and tennis ball, night splint and stretches. I have a triathlon in less than 2 weeks and have a feeling I'll just be after the "finish" rather than improving any times.

I'm 268 (as of this morning) and a size 20 at 71inches.
    Last edited by mks8500; 03-12-2013 at 10:42 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My experience with plantar faciitis was that it took everything you said plus never walking barefoot (especially on hard surfaces) and letting it rest. The most important thing is the night splint. My mom also walked in a walking cast for a while. It took me about 6 months of constant care to be totally rid of it. My doctor said it was attributed to tight Achilles tendon. I will tell you that my DH did not let his rest and it is now likely beyond healing as he has built up that much scar tissue (he waited almost a year before he started taking it seriously and stopped running-and now he cannot run) he also refused to wear the night splint. he has had it for years.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Megan, I had some pretty startling results this morning, but I am not ready to report them yet as I just changed from 80-85% yesterday. Hoping to have some interesting things to report on Friday.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    foot surgery took care of mine.. of course I was off my feet for a long time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    For shits and giggles, I decided to break out the measuring tape and do some measurements. Neck=16", Bust=39"(down 3"), Waist=41"(down 5"), Hips 46"(down 5") Thigh=23"(down 1"), Calf=15.5"(down 1.5").
    That is so fantastic. How long did these results take?
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter