Page 222 of 281 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2804

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 222

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes Congrats

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    fantastic! I am excited to, eventually, be a grandmother. My oldest is a sophomore in college, youngest is still a senior in college.

Mom used to get a shot (cortisone?) about every 6 months trying to put off surgery, she has now not had to have one for 2 years! the weight made a huge difference. I think she lost 75lbs. She looks great too. Also, for those concerned, she says the extra skin on her stomach is starting to pull in. She exercises regularly, and has held her weight for something like 4 years now.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Deborah!!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Demuralist, your mom continues to be my inspiration. I'm just hopeful that I can get to her point before I'm in my 60s

Agreed! But she keeps me from using age as an excuse. And since we are genetically connected and she has been battling weight longer than i have, i know it is doable. And that is what keeps me going.

12 week n=1 experiment
    Protein 46g (sedentary female), Carb 5g, Fat 80%, Cals 1130 incl 30g Coconut Oil. If LBM lost move up a protein level. If Wt Loss stalls add extra 7g (56 cal) coconut oil

Start Weight: 174lb BMI: 28.03 BF (BIA): 40.7% Water: 43.2% LBM: 55.6% LBM: 103.2lb

Update: Week 2 of n=1

Weekly Average: Cals: 1132 Protein: 46g Ratio: Av % (16-2-82) Total Loss since start of n=-1: -6lb

Weight: 168lb Loss: -2 BMI: 27.03 BF (BIA): 39.3% Water: 43.2% LBM: 57.2% LBM: 102lb

Observations

My average daily weight loss trend suggests my av daily cal deficit for the past 2 weeks is 1167. To lose the required 2lb/wk I only need a deficit of 1000, so I’m going to up the cals by 70 this week to 1200.

The good thing is the LBM has suddenly jumped UP 1/2lb higher than last week & every thing I have read re deep NK says low protein is the way to go so I’m happy to stick to 46g for now.

All the loss came at the beginning of the week but the jump in LBM came at the end of the week so maybe my body is consolidating the current losses before losing more.

I am now on the brink of a NSZ which usually induces a stall so I guess I shall just have to be patient over the next few weeks.

Goals for week 3

1) Stick to set meals, no grazing
    2) Take CO twice a day
    3) Protein 46g, Cals 1200
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-11-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Oh I do need a DEX scan. I was reading on-line of someone who had a hydrostatic BF test (supposed to be more accurate than a DEX scan then she tested a number of on-line calculators & found the following to be the closest.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

So naturally I tried it - 26.16%. That was an hour ago and I'm still laughing.

Hope everyone has a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Oh I do need a DEX scan. I was reading on-line of someone who had a hydrostatic BF test (supposed to be more accurate than a DEX scan then she tested a number of on-line calculators & found the following to be the closest.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

So naturally I tried it - 26.16%. That was an hour ago and I'm still laughing.

Hope everyone has a good day
    WOW, talk about diversity in results! My scale gives me a Body Fat % of 54.5, that calculator gives me a % of 28.11. And I thought the scale weight was a useless measurement!

Deborah105 is offline Member
    I don't have a scale that measures body fat. What is the best way to find out your BF? I'm not going to go for a DEX scan, but I'd like an approximation. Or shouldn't I even worry about that?

My body type has always been more plush for lack of a different term. Even when weighing much much less, I still am cushiony. lol It doesn't bother me, just the way I am. Definitely not an athletic build.

My weekend was a success. The first weekend in perhaps years that I have not binged on something like Doritos, ice cream, or potato chips. I'm feeling very clear headed this morning as well.
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    LOL, Deborah, I've always referred to myself as "fluffy". Even at my fittest and lowest weight (which was pretty skinny and carried a lot of muscle), I had a layer of fat that just wouldn't go away. My nice, hard earned muscles never really showed.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html