Page 221 of 282 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 221

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Deborah!!!! I LOVE those small victories, which really aren't all that small when you think about it!

I'm celebrating myself...down another .8 pounds this morning which makes a total of 3 pounds since starting EMF. Doesn't sound like much in 2.5 weeks, but considering I have been weight loss resistant (lol) for a couple of years, it's a lot to me.

Thanks for the links Ddraig...I haven't looked at them yet...I used to post on low carb friends, but haven't been over there for a while.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Congratulations Deborah!!!! I LOVE those small victories, which really aren't all that small when you think about it!

I'm celebrating myself...down another .8 pounds this morning which makes a total of 3 pounds since starting EMF. Doesn't sound like much in 2.5 weeks, but considering I have been weight loss resistant (lol) for a couple of years, it's a lot to me.
    That is fantastic!

I want quick results because I'm a beast, but I'm hanging in there. I'm going to read your profile to see if you're in my age group. I know that being in my 50s does not help me losing weight. blah and grr

Here is another thing I've noticed in the past day or so; I am not conjuring up reasons to eat off plan. I made breakfast this morning (bacon and eggs) instead of coercing my hubs to go out to eat at our favorite breakfast cafe where I always order a scramble served up on a huge pile of hash browns. I just don't want to eat those carbs and get off my macro goals.
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Deborah, fast weight loss is not your friend. I feel sure that you have done things in the past that resulted in fast losses (I know I have done more than I can count) and the end result is that you are here, finally doing it in a healthy way. Long term success, I think, is more likely when we focus on health first and let the weight take care of itself. I would recommend you allow your body to adjust to this new way of eating before you make any changes (some of us are finding more success at higher calorie counts)

p.s. I am in my mid-50's, my mom is in her mid 70's and finally lost her weight in her late 60's and has managed to keep it off-age, in and of itself, will not keep you from losing.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Deborah, fast weight loss is not your friend. I feel sure that you have done things in the past that resulted in fast losses (I know I have done more than I can count) and the end result is that you are here, finally doing it in a healthy way. Long term success, I think, is more likely when we focus on health first and let the weight take care of itself. I would recommend you allow your body to adjust to this new way of eating before you make any changes (some of us are finding more success at higher calorie counts)

p.s. I am in my mid-50's, my mom is in her mid 70's and finally lost her weight in her late 60's and has managed to keep it off-age, in and of itself, will not keep you from losing.

Good luck.
    thank you for this^

I am impatient, but what you say is true; I am still overweight so nothing I've done in the past has worked. I'll not change anything for the time being.

That is fantastic about your mom. Those types of stories will help keep me strong.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Deborah, I will be 58 in June. I've noticed that same thing (not conjuring up reasons to eat off plan, lol) in myself since starting EMF. I feel satisfied most of the time which really does help.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I think we all need that kick of motivation to hold us on track. For my mom, she was having trouble with her knee and was facing a possible replacement. Her sister had died after a long series of complications that started with her knee replacement, so mom was not interested. Now that she has lost her weight her knee is only an occasional minor nuisance, no longer a constant pain.

For me, I want to be an active grandmother (hopefully I have more than a few years before that is actually the case).

I think it has to be about more than the number on the scale or I would have quit a long time ago (which given my yo-yoing might have been better for me)

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah105 View Post
    That is fantastic!

I want quick results because I'm a beast, but I'm hanging in there. I'm going to read your profile to see if you're in my age group. I know that being in my 50s does not help me losing weight. blah and grr

Here is another thing I've noticed in the past day or so; I am not conjuring up reasons to eat off plan. I made breakfast this morning (bacon and eggs) instead of coercing my hubs to go out to eat at our favorite breakfast cafe where I always order a scramble served up on a huge pile of hash browns. I just don't want to eat those carbs and get off my macro goals.
    Have you cut out all nightshades to see if you are sensitive to them? I ask because I did and am and had no idea that this was causing years of inflammation. My point is, perhaps they causes issues you do not know about. If you knew, it would be easier to resist.

^^^ that is a jumbled mess.. you know what I mean, I feel too lazy to edit..LOL
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Have you cut out all nightshades to see if you are sensitive to them? I ask because I did and am and had no idea that this was causing years of inflammation. My point is, perhaps they causes issues you do not know about. If you knew, it would be easier to resist.
    I totally get what you mean!

I haven't cut them all out. Mostly. I do have tomatoes from time to time. Potatoes do cause my knees to hurt so I like to avoid them even when I'm on a carb tear. Well, that might be a lie. I eat everything when I'm on a tear.

I recently found out that eggplant is a nightshade. That made me a little bit sad. I like some eggplant.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think we all need that kick of motivation to hold us on track. For my mom, she was having trouble with her knee and was facing a possible replacement. Her sister had died after a long series of complications that started with her knee replacement, so mom was not interested. Now that she has lost her weight her knee is only an occasional minor nuisance, no longer a constant pain.

For me, I want to be an active grandmother (hopefully I have more than a few years before that is actually the case).

I think it has to be about more than the number on the scale or I would have quit a long time ago (which given my yo-yoing might have been better for me)
    My right knee is bad (torn meniscus and surgery a couple of years ago) and I do NOT want knee replacement so your mom's story is really great for me to read!

You guys might be the first people I'm telling this to because it just happened, but my oldest daughter just found out she is six weeks pregnant. I am going to be a grandma! Even better reason to be successful here as you say demuralist.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I totally get what you mean!

I haven't cut them all out. Mostly. I do have tomatoes from time to time. Potatoes do cause my knees to hurt so I like to avoid them even when I'm on a carb tear. Well, that might be a lie. I eat everything when I'm on a tear.

I recently found out that eggplant is a nightshade. That made me a little bit sad. I like some eggplant.
    I love me some eggplant too.. but alas, I feel better without. I will on occasion eat some peppers (I think those are nightshades) as well as onions but I really limit it.

My right knee is bad (torn meniscus and surgery a couple of years ago) and I do NOT want knee replacement so your mom's story is really great for me to read!

You guys might be the first people I'm telling this to because it just happened, but my oldest daughter just found out she is six weeks pregnant. I am going to be a grandma! Even better reason to be successful here as you say demuralist.
    Congratulations on being a grandma!
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.