Page 220 of 282 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 220

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The Optimal Diet is where our kilogram HSIS macro formula in the first post is adapted from. Maybe I should put the actual formula in as written by him.

The whole "Hot Stuff in a Swimsuit" thing seems to mean different things to different people.

I suspect using the actual formula will confuse people. Its nice & simple the way you have set it out on the first page.

Re HSIS (I love that term) what is your definition - mine would be different depending on whether the swimsuit was a bikini or a one piece lol

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    regarding the chatter we are having about our protein levels (not sure which thread it is on, but figure it would be useful here, so that is where I am going to pick it up)...

reading a blog in which the woman is also doing a NK diet and keeping pretty good records (well did), she used Dr. Kwasniewski's equation to determine protein levels....height in centemeters, minus 100, equals protein (as well as your "goal weight") plus or minus 10%.

Then, still using his equation, carbs need to be half that.
    The part "height in centimeters minus 100, equals protein (as well as your "goal weight") plus or minus 10%. (as well as your "goal weight") I don't understand the part in parenthsis. I'm 157.48 cm minus 100 is 57.48 grams protein. Right? Where does my goal weight figure in. I'll double the protein for the fat grams and half the protein for the carb grams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    The part "height in centimeters minus 100, equals protein (as well as your "goal weight") plus or minus 10%. (as well as your "goal weight") I don't understand the part in parenthsis. I'm 157.48 cm minus 100 is 57.48 grams protein. Right? Where does my goal weight figure in. I'll double the protein for the fat grams and half the protein for the carb grams.
    your height in centimetres minus 100 represents your protein in grams & your goal weight in KG.

So in your case your goal weight (according to the formula) should be 57.48 kg or 126.7lb

In my case mine it would be 68 kg or 150 lb which is 3 lb higher than my known comfortable weight & 13lb higher than my suspected HSIS but would be a good weight for me to aim for if I didn't know what my goal weight should be
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-09-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: add lb conversion

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I suspect using the actual formula will confuse people. Its nice & simple the way you have set it out on the first page.

Re HSIS (I love that term) what is your definition - mine would be different depending on whether the swimsuit was a bikini or a one piece lol
    The HSIS part was added by Paleobird I think because she thought the goal weight and calories were too high for her.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Ddraig Goch, I get it now, head is clearer.

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    That is my goal is to be able to listen to my body and have TRUST in what it is telling me! Love that Ozk!

I never really put my trust in anything totally (as far as diets/health goes) until it works. I'm the kind of person who needs a little structure or plan to get started, but once I get started I have no problem tweaking things if it's not working...one reason why I decided to try the EMF thing. I've been hungrier the last couple of days, so just decided to eat more--yesterday that included macadamia nuts and Black & Green 85% chocolate (about 6 tiny squares). Today I'm back down to my EMF low weight.
    Go you! The whole trust thing is vital, and it makes me sad and angry that so many of us, especially women, have lost the ability to hear and correctly interpret the signals our bodies send us. So many things conspire to make us live our lives outside in, not inside out. We are subjected to a constant daily barrage about how we look, how we should look, how we're not good enough, how external opinion is more valuable than internal -- it drives me nuts. So one of my big focuses now is to tune out the crap and listen to me, trust in me, do what I think is right for me, and not fall into the trap of seeking external approval. Nobody will believe our voice is our voice and must be respected unless we start believing it first.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all, so last week when I returned from my trip I had dropped several pounds while away but the scale quickly betrayed me and I put on several pounds over the week. This week I started adding more salt in and immediately felt my rings tighten and the scale jumped 3 pounds over night. 3 days later I am down 6 pounds. Crazy, crazy scale. Good news I am back under my initial goal weight. Adding the salt killed my already poor appetite but I am trying to keep my calories up and have started calorie cycling to make that easier. I am regularly hopping on my nordic track for 20-40 minutes plus doing some body weight exercises. I feel great. Definitely feel I am building muscles. I ate a baked potato one day this week. I lost the sucking nickles taste in my mouth the next morning but it was back by evening so it didn't do too much damage.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Loved the formula above it gave my a goal weight very close to what I had chosen as my hsis goal.
    Last edited by Primal123; 03-09-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typos

Re the protein chat we have been having, I have just come across this

Nutritional Ketosis (LC/HF/MP) Challenge Anyone? - Page 6 - Low Carb Friends

While it doesn't add anything it does lay it all out the best I have seen in 1 place

PS Can't remember who mentioned this forum but thanks. After MDA & the EMF thread this is the most useful one I have found
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-10-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: PS

For anyone struggling to work out percentages this calculator does it well. Its an excel spreadsheet. Just download it & input your desired protein & carb grams (these should be fixed based on your goal weight & carb requirements) & your required fat grams (variable) & it will return the fat % & total calories.

https://www.box.com/s/e244d6ebddaf5605d208

PS for anyone interested Rebecca's NK blog can be found at

http://lowcarbbetterhealth.blogspot.co.uk/
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-10-2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: add blog

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Small victory report:

Last evening, Saturday night, I watched TV with my husband for a while and even after he went to bed I DID NOT go foraging out in the kitchen for bad snacks. In fact, I had NO snack. For me, this is huge. HUGE

I did think about it a time or two just because I always snack while watching TV, but the thoughts were fleeting. This makes me immeasurably happy I can't even say how happy.

I've been right on point with macros. Eating higher calories than normal. Not much budging on the scale. I might lower calories today, but stay on the macros.

Thank you everyone for all of the information I am gathering here.
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter