Page 217 of 282 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 217

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This week I have decided to try an experiment with 1 BPC in the morning 6:30am-ish. I was having 2. I am finding that time for 2 does not exists and when it does, I forget anyway. I have been finding that the hunger bell starts ringing lightly @10am. Well seeing as how my lunch is not until 12:40 this poses a problem. So, today I brought some of my homemade bone broth to drink @10am. Today is the first day but so far so good! I popped some bouillon in it as well. I will try this tomorrow as well, this just might be the trick I need .

I have not stepped on the scale in a few days.. I want to hold out until the 15th. Not sure I am going to make my 15th goal of 270 though
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Start of Day 4. Still feeling sleepy and tired. Kind of worn out feeling. Transition can be a bitch. Scale is down 5 pounds since Monday morning though. Love that water weight shed. Only 7 more pounds to go to get back to my primal low...

Might check for evidence of ketosis today by peeing on a stick. Not expecting anything, but will check anyway.

Saturday night, DH and I are going to a fundraiser. They're serving all you can eat Mexican food. While I would love to have a sancho (large soft taco on it's side covered in nacho cheese sauce), I will stick with the tacos, no shell. I'll eat it with sour cream and salsa, although ranch dressing sounds delicious right now. I'm sure that's just the transition cravings talking, though.
    extra lettuce and make an awesome salad. Not sure if there will be extra lettuce?? Pack some in a ziplock in your purse. Yeah, ok.. not exactly classy but effective!!
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Scale is down 5 pounds since Monday morning though.
    That's kind of amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    This week I have decided to try an experiment with 1 BPC in the morning 6:30am-ish.
    Mine isn't quite the real BPC, but just having a nice large commuter cup of coffee with 2T of cream in it is holding me pretty well until almost 8:00 a.m. (I'm having my coffee at around 4-5). That's amazing to me, lol. However, I REALLY like the idea of broth to hold me over.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Deborah105 is offline Member
    I am enjoying reading this thread so much. It is helping me on this day three to keep me on track. I am feeling very tired and fuzzy today. Hanging in and eating fat fo sho. So much fat! lol

Thanks!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wt. 225.1 (-1.5 for the week, -22.5 since 1/1/13 )
    FBS 88
    ketones moderate

waist -1 inch

This has been a very interesting week.
    Sodium Intake
    I upped my bouillon intake to 2 cubes (2000mg sodium) thereby bringing up my total sodium intake to 5000mg as recommended by Phinney and Volek in "The Art and Science of low carb living" I had a one lb bump up in weight as a result of the change, which I lost within a few days. The biggest change as a result of this was in my energy and mental clarity. I had an extremely successful work week. I kept up with grading and I had a lot of energy for teaching. My students think I am on speed.

Lower Protein I feel fine on less than 65 grams of protein, but I am not seeing the lower FBS (under 80) numbers that one would expect on such a low protein and low carb plan. Maybe Dairy is keeping me out of deep ketosis? or artificial sweeteners? Not sure I want to go so austere with my program...

Weight loss etc. Of course, I would like more than 1.5 lbs/wk, but I haven't seen this weight in nearly a year. I am feeling uber sexy this week (as opposed to just plain sexy ). I know that I need to be patient, but I am dying to get back to my lowest Primal weight of 210 lbs. I dream of hitting 199 before the next musical auditions in early May. (I'm an amateur actress & singer)
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I'm not certain if I have carb flu, but yesterday was interesting. Felt great when I woke, but during the day was a bit fuzzy. Kept going to the kitchen. I did drink one cup of bouillon. My calories were way over the mark. Weight didn't change.

This morning, after sleeping a good seven hours (yay!), I feel very groggy.

I'm wondering if the kitchen visits were more about bad habits (always scrounging for snacks) or if it was still carb cravings. I wasn't hungry, but I sure felt like I needed *something*. It's interesting to be paying attention to things I normally don't give a second thought to.
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I feel so decadent!

Usually I fast through breakfast, but today was feeling hungrier than usual so decided to have something. Went to the cafeteria and emerged with 3 slices of bacon and a 1 oz packet of cream cheese. Amazing how @200 calories is so satisfying!! I must say I inwardly snickered at the line of folks getting oatmeal, bacon egg and cheese on a hard roll, danish, etc etc.

granted, they were probably looking at me going "Oh horrors! The fat!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    I feel so decadent!

Usually I fast through breakfast, but today was feeling hungrier than usual so decided to have something. Went to the cafeteria and emerged with 3 slices of bacon and a 1 oz packet of cream cheese. Amazing how @200 calories is so satisfying!! I must say I inwardly snickered at the line of folks getting oatmeal, bacon egg and cheese on a hard roll, danish, etc etc.

granted, they were probably looking at me going "Oh horrors! The fat!!!"
    That sounds like a delicious breakfast.

I'm always very surprised when I see the low fat concept still pushed. When will CW catch up? I see signs of it, but not fast enough imho.

I used to LOVE oatmeal. My mom would always put a pat of butter on the top for me when I was a little girl. And she put butter on her danish. She was of Swedish descent. The fat helped to offset the carbs that were being eaten, but I know she didn't consciously know this. It was just what she had been brought up with. I find this stuff fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt. 225.1 (-1.5 for the week, -22.5 since 1/1/13 )
    FBS 88
    ketones moderate
    waist -1 inch
    What is FBS? I've figured out a few acronyms, but that one is eluding me!

Pebbles - your weight loss stats are wonderful.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FBS-Fasting Blood Sugar. I check mine daily with a glucose monitor.