Page 216 of 282 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 216

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Given the issues I had when eating salted butter I think I will wait a while before using bullion & continue with my unsalted bone broth. When I get rid of the shoulder problem $ can start exercising properly again I will think about the bullion then but onby if i can find one 3wthout msg, glutin, sugar or yeast

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    My meal out went well. I avoided a starter (nothing primal) & dessert. Just had the burger & a small side salad, no nightshades, along with my own dressing. I enjoyed every mouthful & the company was great too.

Having phoned in advance, they made me a special burger of meat & onion only as they are all homemade & they were making a new batch anyway. If only all restaurants provided the same service. I shall definitely go there again.

I did think about going for the steak if everyone else had a starter but was shocked to find the protein content would have been at least 3 days worth which would have knocked me right out of NK, so the burger was absolutely the right option.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Great job Ddraig!! It always helps me to be prepared and you certainly were.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Two different things. Bouillon is usually a powedered "just add water" broth.
    Depends on where you live. In my part of the world you would call the home made stuff 'stock', and the dehydrated stuff would be 'stock cubes' or 'powdered stock'. Or you could buy 'liquid stock' in various long life packagings in the supermarket. 'Boullion' would generally be thought of as the fancy french term for stock. 'Broth' would mean soup, but you wouldn't normally see the term outside a Dickens novel or an American Recipe book.

Language is a funny thing. No wonder people get confused.

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    My meal out went well. I avoided a starter (nothing primal) & dessert. Just had the burger & a small side salad, no nightshades, along with my own dressing. I enjoyed every mouthful & the company was great too.

Having phoned in advance, they made me a special burger of meat & onion only as they are all homemade & they were making a new batch anyway. If only all restaurants provided the same service. I shall definitely go there again.

I did think about going for the steak if everyone else had a starter but was shocked to find the protein content would have been at least 3 days worth which would have knocked me right out of NK, so the burger was absolutely the right option.
    We eat out a lot. My husband loves to eat out. Last night we went to a pub where they serve my favorite "ass food" as I love to call it. I ordered a cobb salad and wound up eating most of the goodies and some of the iceberg.

I love the idea of phoning ahead to get what you need.

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Today will be day three for me. I'm feeling good! Slept wonderfully, for me, last night. Seven hours! Sprang out of bed. Not groggy as I usually am.

My suggested macros are:
    33 - carbs
    66 - protein
    132 - fat
    1584 - calories
    I thought the calories were crazy, but decided to go for broke.

day 1
    18 - carbs
    59 - protein
    146 - fat
    1647 - calories

day 2
    24 - carbs
    42 - protein
    153 - fat
    1802 - calories

I've lost 2-3 pounds.

I made Clouds yesterday and yumm!

So far so good!

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Checking in!

This am I had lost 1.3 lbs since Tues, and down 5.5 overall. Yay!! Slow and steady works for me. Yesterday my macros tracked in at 72/20/8. Protein was on the higher side at 69 g, and fats were lower at 114 g. I need to work on getting my fats up a bit. Might have to mine through the thread for some recipes.

Feeling, good, and sleeping well.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah105 View Post
    I'm feeling good! Slept wonderfully, for me, last night. Seven hours! Sprang out of bed. Not groggy as I usually am.
    ...I've lost 2-3 pounds.
    Yay!!! That's wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Triv00ett View Post
    I'm also only drinking coffee just for the taste, not for the caffeine.
    Me too. I like something hot in the mornings and while I do drink just plain hot water, that doesn't always cut it. I'm liking the coffee with the heavy cream...it's my treat on the way in to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    This am I had lost 1.3 lbs since Tues, and down 5.5 overall.
    Feeling, good, and sleeping well.
    Wow, congratulations!

~~~

I'm holding, but I'm not losing weight. Can't say that my measurements are less either, but I AM feeling good, so I'll run with that for a while. Outside of the odd restless night, I'm also sleeping a bit better myself, so that's also good.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Might have to mine through the thread for some recipes.
    There is a group designated for our experiment loaded with recipes. Click on Community up top, select Group, then search for LCHF Recipe Group.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Start of Day 4. Still feeling sleepy and tired. Kind of worn out feeling. Transition can be a bitch. Scale is down 5 pounds since Monday morning though. Love that water weight shed. Only 7 more pounds to go to get back to my primal low...

Might check for evidence of ketosis today by peeing on a stick. Not expecting anything, but will check anyway.

Saturday night, DH and I are going to a fundraiser. They're serving all you can eat Mexican food. While I would love to have a sancho (large soft taco on it's side covered in nacho cheese sauce), I will stick with the tacos, no shell. I'll eat it with sour cream and salsa, although ranch dressing sounds delicious right now. I'm sure that's just the transition cravings talking, though.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)