Page 215 of 282 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 215

bouillion & broth - same or different?

Primal Fuel
    Some earlier posts prompted me to re-read Pebble's posts at the beginning of this thread. The second one says "Best Advice: Drink the bouillion"...
    Now, I am wondering if I am confusing bouillion with the bone broth I just started making.
    Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but are these more or less the same or two different things? And for two different purposes or same?
    If I can just use a good tasting bouillion cube in a cup of hot water, I think I will do that instead of making the broth, once this batch is gone. Since the bones weren't free or very cheap (they were from a local free-range rancher), I think I'd rather buy and give the raw beef bones to my dog, as I eventually want to start her on a raw diet.
    While I'm at it, we're drinking it for the sodium, right? I'm thinking of Pebbles' post 2086 and GeoStump's post 2090 (actually you don't say it's the sodium exactly).
    Thanks!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I have a lot of "junk" in the house and as long as I do not have a taste or a nibble, it can be there no problem (usually).
    Same here. I tend to be just fine with a box of cookies on the counter, but as soon as my hand touches one, I'm a goner.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Some earlier posts prompted me to re-read Pebble's posts at the beginning of this thread. The second one says "Best Advice: Drink the bouillion"...
    Now, I am wondering if I am confusing bouillion with the bone broth I just started making.
    Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but are these more or less the same or two different things? And for two different purposes or same?
    If I can just use a good tasting bouillion cube in a cup of hot water, I think I will do that instead of making the broth, once this batch is gone. Since the bones weren't free or very cheap (they were from a local free-range rancher), I think I'd rather buy and give the raw beef bones to my dog, as I eventually want to start her on a raw diet.
    While I'm at it, we're drinking it for the sodium, right? I'm thinking of Pebbles' post 2086 and GeoStump's post 2090 (actually you don't say it's the sodium exactly).
    Thanks!
    Two different things. Bouillon is usually a powedered "just add water" broth. it contains a ton of sodium which helps us replenish our electrolytes. Many of us haven't seen improvements using bone broth, where as we have felt better after drinking the bouillon. There are questionable ingredients in bouillon and it's most certainly not primal, but Dr. Attia lives a Paleo Keto lifestyle and he endorses it, so we go with it b/c it helps.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    RE: the bone broth vs. bouillon. I use bone broth with salt added. I add salt to my food. I, so far, do not have the issues that suggest I need the bouillon. I am going to do the broth, because, well to me, home made is better than store bought when it is reasonable for me to do it. Now, given Pebbles success with the bouillon though I may have to give it a try. In which case I will likely just add a cube to my broth which I salt in the glass and not when I am cooking it, so I would, obviously, just not salt it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi desert creature, the problem with bone broth that you have to salt the heck out of it to

get the same sodium level as 1 little cube of bouillon. The tiny amount of MSG etc. in the two

cubes a day that I use just does not outweigh the convenience factor for me.

BTW I have felt the best I have since starting EMF, since I upped to 2 cubes three days ago.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-06-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I think I should tattoo 'Just remember, the first hit is always free' on the back on my hands.

I found the willpower link interesting, although I was annoyed by the 'sign up for my free webinar' pitch instead of just getting the information. But I still signed up.

Pebbles, you have me convinced. I am going to add a cube to the cup of broth I plan to start drinking when I get home. I will start with 1 a day, and let my body get used to it for a week or so, then figure out when to do the second one.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We are cooking a turkey this weekend. I plan to add my bouillon cubes to my bone broth when I have some to use.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have an awesome chicken bone broth simmering @ home..i think i will add a bouillon cube to it
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So i get home but the bones have not given up their marrow. Then i remember reading (on this thread i think) that some one used their bones more than once. So i decided to strain off the liquid, which it turns out is a beautiful rich broth, and reuse the bones. I am freezing in ice cube trays and will drop one cube of this broth and one bouillon cube into a cup of hot water every afternoon. The broth is way too rich to use single strength. I am excited.