Page 211 of 281 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 211

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RestlessLegs View Post
    The scale is moving downward, however slowly. I've lost about 8 lbs. in 6 weeks.
    Well done on the great loss & energy surge. There are many people who would love to lose lb a week & you have bettered that

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Oh! One more thing - this may have been covered, but a great way to add fat to your ground beef is to add softened butter to it ala Julia Child - her Biftek Haché à la Lyonnaise recipe. I made this frequently, but I skip the step where she wants us to roll the patties in flour. My family goes crazy for these.

Style Recipe - Julia Child’s Biftek Haché à la Lyonnaise (Ground Beef with Onions and Herbs)

Mangi!
    SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Well done on the great loss & energy surge. There are many people who would love to lose lb a week & you have bettered that
    Thank you. Yes, I'm grateful the scale is moving in the right direction.

This has been an interesting experience. I have been reading about Jimmy Moore's experience with going low carb, losing so much weight, then gaining some of it back, and then his experience with NK and how that is working for him. I feel I have kind of paralleled that experience, as 10 years ago I lost quite a bit of weight going low carb, then gained some of it back. It has finally "clicked" that it has been too much protein for me. Switching to higher fat and moderate protein, no matter how counterintuitive it seemed at first, is working.

Another non-scale success that I have noticed is that I have had this weird and somewhat painful bump at the base of my thumb - I believe a ganglion cyst. Well, since adopting the EMF way of life, it is gone! I believe getting inflammation under control (or eliminated) is taking care of some of the weird little annoyances in my life. Yeah!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Okay everyone. I may be going to Disneyland in a couple of weeks. I love Disney because they are so accomodating with special dietary needs. My friend wants to drive I think, so I am going to pack a good sized suitcase so I can bring my own food. Even before primal, I used to take my own stuff, but it was carb heavy convenience stuff like gluten free snack bars and little pouches of peanut butter. My friend and I are on TOTALLY different schedules. She is a night owl and I am totally a morning person. She eats whenever (and can go HOURS without eating even if she is hungry) and I've tended to be more on a schedule--though hoping that has changed in the last couple of weeks, lol). SO I'm trying to think of portable stuff that can be taken into the park and/or eaten quickly in the room to supplement what I can buy at the park or to tide me over until my friend gets up.

The drive will take at least 7 hours I think, so refrigerated stuff might not work too well, though if it's frozen, one of those cooler bag things might work. And, I'm not entirely sure our room will have anything more than one of those mini fridges. Some down there have full sized, but not sure where we are staying yet.

Inside the park I can get turkey legs at fast food (my friend prefers junk fast food, lol) and maybe once a day we'll eat at a food court.

I think the week will probably end up being protein heavy, but that's a little better than being carb heavy. Some of the things I plan to take:

-Olives
    -Almond butter
    -Tuna and/or salmon pouches w/ mayo packets. (I have to be careful here because the smell of canned fish will make my friend sick, lol).
    -Raw coconut cocao macaroons (7 carbs each, from the coconut and a little agave nectar)--I've been having one for breakfast w/coffee
    -Macadamia nuts
    -Would it be weird to take a stick of butter, lol?
    -Boxed broth (especially good if our room has a microwave--then the butter will work well to)

Can you think of anything else?

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    ^ If you like it, Pemmican.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    ^ LOL, had to actually look that up! I did find a recipe here. I've never had it.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Gosh, that makes me feel special!

Making a batch right now.

3 to 4 pounds of bones roasted in a 400 degree oven until browned
    Let cool
    Put them in a crock pot add cuttings from veggies (celery and onion and garlic bits) and cover with cold filtered water
    Add a splash of apple cider vinegar
    Salt and any seasonings you like (I like spike)
    Cook on low until the marrow is soft
    Strain through a fine sieve
    I usually use it 1 part to 3 parts water in soups
    Freeze it in ice cube trays
    THANK YOU - I am printing this out right now before I loose it. I have a package of beef bones defrosting in the fridge. I bought them last summer to make beef stock, but forgot them in the deep freeze. What a pleasant surprise to find them. I plan to have a cup of broth each evening before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    @desertcreature when making bone broth, make sure you use a whole onion, skin and all in it. The skin gives an extra layer of flavor and color that adds richness. My latest batch of beef bone broth is the richest one I've made yet. I cooked it for 72 hours in the crock pot and it is amazing. I also add whole garlic cloves(in skin) and a bay leaf or 2. I do add a small amount of salt to mine but not a lot as I add a half bouillon cube to mine and have a cup in the morning for breakfast.
    Thank you for this tip - I will use the whole onion. I don't know if I am patient enough to wait 72 hours though!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm bowing out of this thread for a bit. I need to take a breather on the tracking and calculations for a while. Wishing you all the best of luck - you'll be in my prayers and thoughts!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm bowing out of this thread for a bit. I need to take a breather on the tracking and calculations for a while. Wishing you all the best of luck - you'll be in my prayers and thoughts!
    We'll miss you Tomi!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)