Page 210 of 280 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 210

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Does anyone know how to reset the goal calories in MFP?

Yesterday was a very stressful day, but ended up staying on target with macros (and total cal) at 77/17/6. Woohoo!! I may have relied too much on bacon, but there are worse things in life!

Today is good so far, but I opted out of fasting this Morning.
    From the homepage, go to the Goals subheading(it may be hidden so scroll your mouse over them), hit custom and then adjust and save.

I did my first walk today through the hilly 'hood I occupy and for the first time in like ever, I didn't need my inhaler half way through the walk. I am an asthmatic, so I take it with me. I did use it when I got home to help slow my breath down but that was it. No hyperventilation or anything like that. I walked for 27 minutes and it was amazing to me how easy it was. Even going uphill seemed like a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    That sounds delicious!
    I'm going to make demuralist's cabbage soup recipe with the beef broth.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you really want colorful broth, add cut up beets. Lovely.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I tried a little fat bomb last night, mixed equal parts of cream cheese and unsalted cashew butter. It was pretty good. The cashew butter is sweeter than other butters (but also higher in carbs I think). Both were kind of stiff and it was hard to mix, so next time I try it I'm going to soften them in the micro for a few seconds so I can mix better.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,
    I don't post often, but I do read the thread almost daily and am always so encouraged by all of you and I have enjoyed so many of the recipes you all share. What a great forum here!

I just wanted to share a non-scale success from eating this way. Some days I just eat two meals a day, due to my schedule. So last Friday I had my usual breakfast - 4 slices of bacon and a serving of an egg bake thing I make, along with coffee with HWC and coconut cream. I had that between 7:00 and 7:30 am. I get off work at 1:00 on Fridays, went and ran some errands, then went out for my usual 5 mile walk - I have started adding in some jogging sprints to try and shake up some weight loss. I went out for this walk/jog at about 4:00 pm, without eating anything since breakfast. I felt awesome! I had energy for my jogging sprints and just felt amazing. It dawned on me that I could not have done that 6 months ago - I used to always have something to eat within an hour before exercising. No more. I think I'm becoming a fat-burner. One hopes!

The scale is moving downward, however slowly. I've lost about 8 lbs. in 6 weeks. I guess that's not too bad. But the biggest thing I am celebrating right now is more energy and great mental attitude.

Just wanted to share - and say thanks again to everyone who keeps this thread going. I have gleaned so much valuable info from all of you.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is great! Thank you for sharing.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RestlessLegs View Post
    Hi all,
    The scale is moving downward, however slowly. I've lost about 8 lbs. in 6 weeks. I guess that's not too bad. But the biggest thing I am celebrating right now is more energy and great mental attitude.
    FANTASTIC!!! That is truly great.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Deborah105 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hi Deborah, I would suggest you eat more than 1000 calories. Your BMR is 1536 cals. You are burning around 1800 even sedentary. We have found that a good place to start is the formula. You are almost there.

158lbs = 72kg This HSIS weight may be a little high for your height for the purposes of the calculations only. You should aim for whatever weight makes you happy.
    72g protein-288cals
    36g carb-144cals
    144g fat-1296cals 75%fat
    1728cals

I would suggest a HSIS weight of 145
    66g protein-264cals
    33gcarb-132cals
    132gfat 1188
    1584 cals total

Give it a try for a week or two. Then lower calories if you need to.
    Thank you for your help! 145 seems alien to me. I cannot remember the last time I weighed that. Maybe middle school? When I have lost weight I feel pretty good around 165 and wear a size 8 or 10. I wonder what I'd look like at 145? I can shoot for it with the math it provides.

So far today I've had lots of fat and hardly any protein. Probably not such a good idea. I'll work some in. Although I read about a few of you guys making clouds. I haven't made them in a while, but they are wonderful! And a good idea to grab when feeling a need.

Deborah105 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Thanks. I tried something like this last night but realized too late that my almond butter is salted so the final result was not appetizing or appealing AT. ALL! Hoping to swing into the grocery store for some UNSALTED almond butter on my way home tonight.

Day 2 and I'm starting to feel the effects of sugar withdrawal. Feeling unenthusiastic and a bit negative. I wouldn't say depressed yet. Just blah. Could be the weather though too - expecting up to 8 inches of snow today. I'm so ready for spring and her green grass, sunshine, walks and flowers.
    I'm in Minnesota and it's snowing here as well so I'm stuck in the house and should be working on my classwork, but instead I'm reading this entire thread.

Sugar! I need to say goodbye to it. Along with her mean Uncle Bread.