Page 209 of 281 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 209

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bifcus View Post
    Sorry I am late with this - different timezone I suspect.

Ddraig, You might want to ring the venue in advance and check. In my part of the world a homemade hamburger would still typically contain breadcrumbs used as a binder. Even if it didn't, they may well have used a commercial herb mix with additives, or their special secret flavouring may be a bit of soy sauce, or it arrives topped with their house special - beer fried onions.

I can't do gluten, so in your situation I would either pay for the steak myself or take a meal with me. Steak and salad (no dressing, no marinade, no sauce, no chips) is the only thing I will eat prepared by others. Turning up with a meal in a container only feels awkward the first time, I do it regularly and you just to use a bit of chutzpah. Remember, it is your company that people want. The other trick is letting the host know, and turning up after the main meal has been eaten, so you can eat at home beforehand.
    Hi Bifcus,

Thanks for you response. Normally I would agree with you & either buy the steak myself or just say Iím fasting, but this isnít one of those occasions. I do not intend to offend anyone doing me a goood turn just because I want eat differently to everyone else.

I will have a couple of HCWC during the day, order a plain burger & side salad (with my own dressing) then eat appropriately when I get back to get the macros in line.

The great thing about PB is that you can be flexible occasionally if you plan for it.

PS: Unlike you are I am not gluten intolerant, although I definitely feel better with out it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    desert creature You def don't want a bone broth recipe from me. lol In all things culinary, I bow to demuralist and others who enjoy cooking. I am the research girl.

Sodium N=1

I have been pretty faithful about having one serving of bouillon a day for the last month. Two days ago I added a second serving in order to bring my total sodium intake up to around 5000mg.

Observations:
    -Overnight, I gained 1.2 lbs of water, BUT this morning I was down 1.8 to a new low weight. Water weight gain is normal, but should go away in a few days. If it doesn't go away within a week, then it is possible that you do not need that much sodium. Give it time before you freak out over the weight gain and stop.
    -I have my 2 servings of bouillon at breakfast and lunch in order not to overwhelm my body with too much sodium all at once or late in the day.
    -I have had no ill effects from the tiny amount of MSG etc. in the commercial bouillon cubes. If it bothers you, get an organic brand without MSG. The bouillon is convenient because it packs a high sodium punch and you won't destroy your food with over salting. Remember 5000mg sodium is not = to 5000mg salt.
    -My energy the last two days has been through the roof and my mood has been excellent even though I am going deeper into ketosis. The only change I made was upping sodium intake.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    P- I have not had my bouillon in so long. I wonder if this might be why things have also slowed down..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Deborah105 is offline Member

Binge Eating and This Thread

I stumbled on this thread by searching weight loss. So glad!

Struggling and struggling with binge eating for several weeks now. I have strived to eat Primal for a while now, but compliance has been challenging.

Has a new challenge started or can new peeps just jump on in?

I did the math provided (what a great intro btw!) and here are my results

5'7"
    55 years old
    sedentary (working in marketing on a contract basis and taking a class so mostly at a desk during the day)
    taking bio-identical and I know my hormones are wacked - working on this as always
    sleep horrible - I have always suffered from mild insomnia - I fall asleep easily, but wake often and early
    200 - weight today
    158 - goal weight (my hsis)
    36 - carbs
    65 - protein
    70% - fat (how do I figure this into my macros?)
    1000 cal - I know this is low, I don't lose when I go higher - usually my calories work out to about 1200-1300

I am so happy and grateful I found this thread. Thanks you guys!

Hi Deborah, I would suggest you eat more than 1000 calories. Your BMR is 1536 cals. You are burning around 1800 even sedentary. We have found that a good place to start is the formula. You are almost there.

158lbs = 72kg This HSIS weight may be a little high for your height for the purposes of the calculations only. You should aim for whatever weight makes you happy.
    72g protein-288cals
    36g carb-144cals
    144g fat-1296cals 75%fat
    1728cals

I would suggest a HSIS weight of 145
    66g protein-264cals
    33gcarb-132cals
    132gfat 1188
    1584 cals total

Give it a try for a week or two. Then lower calories if you need to.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    @desertcreature when making bone broth, make sure you use a whole onion, skin and all in it. The skin gives an extra layer of flavor and color that adds richness. My latest batch of beef bone broth is the richest one I've made yet. I cooked it for 72 hours in the crock pot and it is amazing. I also add whole garlic cloves(in skin) and a bay leaf or 2. I do add a small amount of salt to mine but not a lot as I add a half bouillon cube to mine and have a cup in the morning for breakfast.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerlori View Post
    To the person who needed a recipe for stevia-free fat bombs..

1 stick butter
    1 cup coconut oil
    1 cup almond butter
    8 or 10 oz unsweetened, 100% chocolate bar (I use one by Pralus).

Melt it all together, pour into muffin cups and freeze.
    I love them!
    Thanks. I tried something like this last night but realized too late that my almond butter is salted so the final result was not appetizing or appealing AT. ALL! Hoping to swing into the grocery store for some UNSALTED almond butter on my way home tonight.

Day 2 and I'm starting to feel the effects of sugar withdrawal. Feeling unenthusiastic and a bit negative. I wouldn't say depressed yet. Just blah. Could be the weather though too - expecting up to 8 inches of snow today. I'm so ready for spring and her green grass, sunshine, walks and flowers.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    @desertcreature when making bone broth, make sure you use a whole onion, skin and all in it. The skin gives an extra layer of flavor and color that adds richness. My latest batch of beef bone broth is the richest one I've made yet. I cooked it for 72 hours in the crock pot and it is amazing. I also add whole garlic cloves(in skin) and a bay leaf or 2. I do add a small amount of salt to mine but not a lot as I add a half bouillon cube to mine and have a cup in the morning for breakfast.
    That sounds delicious!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone know how to reset the goal calories in MFP?

Yesterday was a very stressful day, but ended up staying on target with macros (and total cal) at 77/17/6. Woohoo!! I may have relied too much on bacon, but there are worse things in life!

Today is good so far, but I opted out of fasting this Morning.